Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SomethingJones posted:

Frankfurt Physics Programmer vacancy posted Jan 16 2018
https://www.glassdoor.ca/job-listing/-physics-programmer-cloud-imperium-games-JV_IC2632180_KO0,19_KE20,40.htm?jl=2311510047

50 odd vacancies now posted on CreativeHeads over the last two weeks, with 18 of them posted yesterday (Feb 10th). The vast majority of these have been on the main CIG website since early 2017.

Also lol at the junior audio designer job up again, nobody has stayed in that role longer than 3 months. Tools programmer is the latest WIlmslow vacancy.

This is all pretty much confirming stuff flying about on the grapevine (which is 70% accurate) since last year, which is why I'm continuing to post it.

Such a load of poo poo. Confirming what? That for 3 years, you guys spew poo poo about the comings and goings of CIG and they're still able to pull in 170m+, still running their business - still going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
MoMA cat feisty

https://i.imgur.com/zRNpDkG.gifv

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Ya, you stupid loving retards. You really think any of that poo poo is true? Wow you guys are SO dumb. Let me show you how dumb you assholes are. Let me show you right now with this thing I'm about to type. You kids are going to be so mad when I totally own you with the thing that I type that proves how dumb everyone in this thread is except for me.

ManofManyAliases posted:

they're still able to pull in 170m+

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Don't know if I'd describe the their physics engine as 'still going'.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, I think we've been shitposting about all the people leaving CIG for longer than 3 years. When did Wingman's Hangar end?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

thatguy posted:

Also, I think we've been shitposting about all the people leaving CIG for longer than 3 years. When did Wingman's Hangar end?

So you called it?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pixelate posted:

:five::five::five::five::five:

---

Meanwhile on the sub...

Man with the Golden Gun (v2)

It’s weird but the gun looks like it’s being animated by somebody who’s never shot a gun before or have even bothered to watch a video of people shooting guns before.

Extra points if this is a laser pistol (I have no clue what it is).

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
AngryMoMa so mad that he got taken for a ride by Chris Roberts.

Don't worry, buddy! You hust gotta believe, stay strong, keep the faith!

I hear that technique is working wonders against vaccines!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why the hell does the jaw jerk up when the gun fires?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

It’s weird but the gun looks like it’s being animated by somebody who’s never shot a gun before or have even bothered to watch a video of people shooting guns before.

Extra points if this is a laser pistol (I have no clue what it is).

Pretty sure its a laser pistol but everyone knows

Shootgun.velocity arm.recoil = -12i [i is a secret value found in body.skeleton parameters 2,751 lines above]

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pharohman777 posted:

As a shootmans I can tell you, you always clench when you parp

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

So, the best thing about all this "No we're talking about current mechanics!" flailing is that nobody is asking the insanely obvious question that shines light on the lie: "Why would you be discussing the current mechanics for taking ownership of a ship, when there A) aren't any and B) never have been any and C) wasn't supposed to be any yet?"

Seriously, every ship has permanent insurance right now. You can't go buy it in game, you can't drop it in game, it's just there. There's no way to buy a ship in game. There never has been. So... why are we talking about the "current" mechanics for taking ownership of a stolen ship via insurance when you can't even take ownership of a loving regular ship via insurance?

The farce of Star Citizen at the core level involves telling a story that is a half truth or half lie, or full lie, that explains a story of “already in the game” or “almost done/getting polish”.

Here’s your chart:

Half-Lie: “it’s already in the game”

Full-Lie: “it’s coming and right around the corner”

This savage method of combat marketing has netted them a boatload of money and questionable good will amongst non-indoctrinated viewers. The almost insane level of astroturfing and social media marketing has certainly helped mask the half truths with incredible hype.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Such a load of poo poo. Confirming what? That for 3 years, you guys spew poo poo about the comings and goings of CIG and they're still able to pull in 170m+, still running their business - still going?

Shut up, Erris.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Pharohman777 posted:

it's like a 'gritty' action movie.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Paarp Fiction

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

They have incredibly successful guerrilla marketing tactics and astroturfing to social media all over.

They fill their feeds with stuff that’s not “entirely” true, and enough things to make it seem like not only is the product fully released but also something people have been playing for ages (the amusing “remember when’s” and such).

They have things they can show “for real” footage of but instead opt to photoshop something fake together, like ships landed at planets.

They show things for mechanics that are years away (tanks?!) and sell it (land?!) acting like its real and here now. Other things people expect to exist simply don’t (female avatars).

I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen good old “Mark Hamill in a space suit looking into the distance in a hangar bay rendered in maya as a twelve billion polygon character” passed off as “in game footage”. Even in their new site this picture is still hugely featured and it’s like 3+ years old.

They have 170M because their marketing tactic is based on half truths, lies, redirection, misinformation, and probably the best one: information overload. All mixed together simultaneously so the narrative is confusing, difficult to track, and also able to be weaponized by the astroturfing companies.

They don’t have 170M because they made a good product people enjoy playing and want to buy.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Haha look at this assclown. I posted about this in my last blog, which you can also read on my tweets, and I posted it in Discord for everyone to see again. Wait til you see what's next. Just wait. Wait for it. Just wait for these assclowns to see what comes next.

e:
seriously though, you're right about one thing. It's been like 3 years. And there's no game. And if you think boatloads of money is a solution to every problem, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 12, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Haha look at this assclown. I posted about this in my last blog, which you can also read on my tweets, and I posted it in Discord for everyone to see again. Wait til you see what's next. Just wait. Wait for it. Just wait for these assclowns to see what comes next.

Don’t keep me waiting! :ohdear:

I got up to tweet 46,788/57,659 and then you paused the blog just as it was getting exciting!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Beet Wagon posted:

So, the best thing about all this "No we're talking about current mechanics!" flailing is that nobody is asking the insanely obvious question that shines light on the lie: "Why would you be discussing the current mechanics for taking ownership of a ship, when there A) aren't any and B) never have been any and C) wasn't supposed to be any yet?"

Seriously, every ship has permanent insurance right now. You can't go buy it in game, you can't drop it in game, it's just there. There's no way to buy a ship in game. There never has been. So... why are we talking about the "current" mechanics for taking ownership of a stolen ship via insurance when you can't even take ownership of a loving regular ship via insurance?

Lando is basically hosed, he took questions from the forum, put them directly to the devs and the community didn't like the answers. So now he has to take the same exact question and put it to Parpy, who rolls out DREAMS to calm everyone down.

Anyway, the way they are going about the stolen ships thing is the best it's ever going to work in a session based engine requiring rolling restarts with their GIM process hanging on to whatever it can between sessions. The dev who originally answered the question was being entirely honest.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

thatguy posted:

Ya, you stupid loving retards. You really think any of that poo poo is true? Wow you guys are SO dumb. Let me show you how dumb you assholes are. Let me show you right now with this thing I'm about to type. You kids are going to be so mad when I totally own you with the thing that I type that proves how dumb everyone in this thread is except for me.

Your post has woke me. How could I have been such a fool?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well it's mainly been goings since about 6 months ago.

Perhaps if someone quite important to CIG was to suddenly quit in the next few weeks you might start asking them some hard questions, or you can just listen to Todd Parpy, up to you.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Current Frankfurt Vacancies:

Senior Producer
Feb 8, 2018

Producer
Jan 16, 2018

Senior Tools Programmer
January 16, 2018

Senior Game/Animation Programmer
January 16, 2018

Senior Engine Programmer
January 16, 2018

Senior Game/AI Programmer
January 16, 2018

Senior Game Programmer
January 16, 2018

Physics Programmer
January 16, 2018

Lead Gameplay Programmer
January 18, 2018

Gameplay Programmer
January 29, 2018

Senior Systems Designer
January 15, 2018

Level Designer
January 16, 2018

Lighting Artist
January 16, 2018

Senior Environment Artist
January 16, 2018

Real-Time VFX Artist
January 15, 2018

Senior Lighting Artist
January 16, 2018

Senior Animator
January 16, 2018

Animator
January 16, 2018

Senior Facial Animator
January 11, 2018

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

SomethingJones posted:

Senior Producer
Feb 8, 2018

Producer
Jan 16, 2018

Senior Tools Programmer
January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018

Senior Engine Programmer
January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018

Senior Game Programmer
January 16, 2018

Physics Programmer
January 16, 2018

Lead Gameplay Programmer
January 18, 2018

Gameplay Programmer
January 29, 2018

Senior Systems Designer
January 15, 2018

Level Designer
January 16, 2018

Lighting Artist
January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018

Real-Time VFX Artist
January 15, 2018

Senior Lighting Artist
January 16, 2018

Senior Animator
January 16, 2018

Animator
January 16, 2018

Senior Facial Animator
January 11, 2018

game is coming out real soon, everyone

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Pharohman777 posted:

You gotta brace yourself for that furious Laser Kick...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Confirming that reading comprehension is not your forte.

What does them bleeding personnel have to do with them scamming 170m+ dollars (or so they say) out of nerds? Nothing, What does it have to do with them still being able to run their scam? Nothing.

Read. Comprehend. Parp.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

Senior Producer
Senior Tools Programmer
Senior Engine Programmer
Senior Game Programmer
Senior Systems Designer
Senior Lighting Artist
Senior Animator
Senior Facial Animator

Well, at least they are not missing Junior-level employees.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi Dolvak

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

You gotta brace yourself for that furious Laser Kick...

This is the most brazen imagineering I've ever seen

Let's just throw all these big names out at you to get the dreams flowing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pharohman777 posted:

That's the only way he can chew.

Ew. Why do they need to animate that?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yo, I gotta ask - what is your endgame? Like what is the goal here. Mocking the stupidity of the development of this project is amusing and passes the time. What harm can come from a dead gay comedy forum mocking a game behind a paywall? What do you gain from defending it? Presumably you aren't paid to sit there and defend croberts honor, nor are you an employee of the company. Do you think that by defending them you can get more people to spend money? Do you think anyone that actually reads this thread is likely going to spend any more money on SC? As a customer, wouldn't it make sense to be critical of the people that have claimed so many things that ended up being demonstrably false? Why is it that when people mock or comment on what you believe to be the magnum opus of gaming you attack them instead of their argument?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

gah drat that's a good post.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Phi230 posted:

This is the most brazen imagineering I've ever seen

Let's just throw all these big names out at you to get the dreams flowing

There is one name bigger than all of them... His name is Chris Roberts... His game is Star Citizen...

His time is now.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Virtual Captain posted:

What do you mean you haven't figured out the hoops for keeping stolen ships Papy? Have you already forgotten about faking hull IDs? You seem confused for someone who is supposedly a Design Director.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/Insurance-FAQ

This whole thing is so beyond a scam it really does defy belief at this point. Papy, you're really hosed up dude.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I am a backer!

and backers just belieeeeeveeee!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Strike Suit Zero was be a better game than this will ever be.

I need to replay that one of these days.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

They have incredibly successful guerrilla marketing tactics and astroturfing to social media all over.

They fill their feeds with stuff that’s not “entirely” true, and enough things to make it seem like not only is the product fully released but also something people have been playing for ages (the amusing “remember when’s” and such).

They have things they can show “for real” footage of but instead opt to photoshop something fake together, like ships landed at planets.

They show things for mechanics that are years away (tanks?!) and sell it (land?!) acting like its real and here now. Other things people expect to exist simply don’t (female avatars).

I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen good old “Mark Hamill in a space suit looking into the distance in a hangar bay rendered in maya as a twelve billion polygon character” passed off as “in game footage”. Even in their new site this picture is still hugely featured and it’s like 3+ years old.

They have 170M because their marketing tactic is based on half truths, lies, redirection, misinformation, and probably the best one: information overload. All mixed together simultaneously so the narrative is confusing, difficult to track, and also able to be weaponized by the astroturfing companies.

They don’t have 170M because they made a good product people enjoy playing and want to buy.

It's so brazen that some people are initially taken in because every other time they've seen a fancy website advertising a video game there actually was an associated video game. It works great for the true believers too, as I can't count the number of time's I've seen "how can it be a scam when they release videos every week?" or "how can it be a scam when they went to gamescom?" in defense of their little shitpile. It's all ancillary to an actual game though. I think at one point Roberts was totally doing to cargo-cult thing when he wanted an overdesigned Ion Storm office, but now it's all in furtherance of the scam. If you photograph yourself with eggs and butter and sugar and utensils, most people will assume you're really making a cake, even when you've been claiming it's in the oven for a suspiciously long time.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think that if MoMA just lashes out enough Star Citizen will come out and be good.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Is it just me, or does CIG seem to be keeping its head down a bit since the lawsuit news broke? It seems like we had a hilarious new disaster every week previous to that.

Are we at the point, now, where we just spin our wheels for nine months or so, until there’s some sort of lawsuit news?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Probably gagged by their lawyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
There's always been lulls where we begin to eat our own, it is the nature of Star Citizen gently caress-up development