Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hostile V posted:

Sidenote: I wonder if she ever found that dog she wanted.

Who do you think Mammon is?

All his "greed" shtick is because she made him play fetch all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
The swords stuck in him all the sticks Aesma threw poorly.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Always makes me laugh.

Have now reread through the drinking contest, thanks OP

White Coke
May 29, 2015

PetraCore posted:

I wonder if part of picking an heir who is specifically an ignorant outsider whose world has not yet been publically plundered by whatever demiurge rules it was important to him. When you've grown up knowing about Throne and the demiurges, you have a preconceived idea of How Things Are and specifically your place in that, whereas Allison's initial complete blinding ignorance allows her to do a lot of poo poo other people wouldn't think of trying, while leaving her without any pre-existing loyalties to major factions.

Also her ignorance of what exactly she's capable of doing with the key will allow her to use her Furious Dumbassery for best effect.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yeah so like, a 'normal' girl from LA not only CAN slay a dragon, she's one of the few people who could even if those other hypothetical people also had that cosmic power she can tap.

Of course, can is different from should, or will.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

White Coke posted:

Also her ignorance of what exactly she's capable of doing with the key will allow her to use her Furious Dumbassery for best effect.

PetraCore posted:

Yeah so like, a 'normal' girl from LA not only CAN slay a dragon, she's one of the few people who could even if those other hypothetical people also had that cosmic power she can tap.

Of course, can is different from should, or will.

The fan reaction to Aesma is the worst part of this comic.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dead Reckoning posted:

Can you clarify?

I mean, Aesma did a lot of things through sheer force of will and charisma, regardless of whether it was a thing that should have been done. But that lead to her blinding and perpetual agony, after which she apparently chilled out, so...

It's a somewhat apt comparison to Allison, except Allison's ignorance based power boosts are super unreliable. The key there isn't her ignorance, it's her willpower, conviction, and total disregard for the proper methodology. I don't see why what I said about a 'normal girl from LA' was so dumb when it relates to how Zoss likely picked an heir.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Aesma still likes a good scrap if White Chain had to apologize for not inviting her that one time, even if she’s chill now.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Can you clarify?

I mean, Aesma did a lot of things through sheer force of will and charisma, regardless of whether it was a thing that should have been done. But that lead to her blinding and perpetual agony, after which she apparently chilled out, so...

It's a somewhat apt comparison to Allison, except Allison's ignorance based power boosts are super unreliable. The key there isn't her ignorance, it's her willpower, conviction, and total disregard for the proper methodology. I don't see why what I said about a 'normal girl from LA' was so dumb when it relates to how Zoss likely picked an heir.

this reminded me about how in this mythology mankind was created by Aesma being so stupid, jealous, and full of rage she accidentally invented mortality

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
This thread made me buy and start playing King of Dragon Pass so thanks for that. I'm currently trying to make one of my clan elders roleplay a god cow so I get more money, but she keeps getting eaten by wolves in the divine roleplaying session.

I just want more cattle so I can get more food from the cabbage ducks

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Dead Reckoning posted:

Just like Aesma is the worst, which is why she's the best.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Archenteron posted:

cabbage ducks
Mods, would you consider another name change idea?

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Cant wait for SSJDARkNeSSaLLiSoN420 to come out of the depths of her psyche and show Cio what it's really like to Lose urself to ur own Shadowz

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Archenteron posted:

This thread made me buy and start playing King of Dragon Pass so thanks for that. I'm currently trying to make one of my clan elders roleplay a god cow so I get more money, but she keeps getting eaten by wolves in the divine roleplaying session.

Pick persuade the bulls to help for your first action, if it succeeds you skip all the wolf bullshit, it's a hard check but worth not getting your quester torn into meaty bits.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Archenteron posted:

consider sending the "wrong" person on it, a humakti or vingan will get a malus from not being the right sort of god-botherer but it's less than the "has literally no Don't Die skills" malus that most uraldans get.
(You don't want them to be TO good at not dying though, because then they'll totally kick the wolves asses and the bulls will go 'pffft wolves are little babies, why on earth do we need humans to protect us from them?')

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
fun how allison and cio are basically doing the exact same thing to each other in turn: getting monstrous and then loving the other one up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"....eventually, facemauling became another way for the two companions to say 'hello,' 'please pass the salt,' and 'I doubt the veracity of your statement'."

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Concept: What if the Conquering King had given the Key of Kings to Hercule Poirot

I'm not sure how this came to mind

e: Poirot would definitely die let's be real

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
forget poirot, what about miss marple

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

He would only die after finally becoming the killer himself

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Cant wait for SSJDARkNeSSaLLiSoN420 to come out of the depths of her psyche and show Cio what it's really like to Lose urself to ur own Shadowz
You missed it, then.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Concept: What if the Conquering King had given the Key of Kings to Hercule Poirot

I'm not sure how this came to mind

Sherlock would be an interesting King. If he didn't succumb to Royalty-powered addictions.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

nimby posted:

Sherlock would be an interesting King. If he didn't succumb to Royalty-powered addictions.

Counterpoint: smoking a dank-rear end pipe is a sign in k6bd of being someone to not gently caress with, so he's already on track

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Poirot would look upon the shape of the universe (it is somewhat wheel-shaped) and freak out because it's only somewhat wheel-shaped and not symmetrical.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Poirot would look upon the shape of the universe (it is somewhat wheel-shaped) and freak out because it's only somewhat wheel-shaped and not symmetrical.

Full Royalty Poirot would make the universe entirely wheel-shaped

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Archenteron posted:

good news it only gets worse from there

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Update will be a late in coming as apparently Operant had a mishap and like deleted half the page, he reports via discord.

Me: no problem, more time to :ohdear:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Update will be a late in coming as apparently Operant had a mishap and like deleted half the face, he reports via discord.

but which half

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Xarbala posted:

but which half

The missing half.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Xarbala posted:

but which half

The one with Cio's dick. That was a meme in this thread right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

White Coke posted:

The one with Cio's dick. That was a meme in this thread right?

Cio is a girl and thus is unlikely to have a penis

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Demons are actually genderless chaos in a roughly humanoid shape, so Cio's anatomy could be basically whatever.

quote:

Hey. Can we get some info on Devils and gender identity? Particularly, is Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire a girl? Most Blue devils have a fairly femanine form, and Princess is a feminine title, but they were once Vladok: a male. So can changing color also run the chance of changing gender identity, or are they still a man, just one with some feminine qualities? I'm asking both blogs. feel free to just answer once.

quote:

Devils are all horney agendered random chaos, we just perceive them as male or female

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
it's yabalchoath's dick/s, not cio's

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Cio is a girl and thus is unlikely to have a penis

Also girls can in fact have dicks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SlimGoodbody posted:

Also girls can in fact have dicks

I said unlikely not impossible :smug:
Plus if she has a penis I'll have to rewrite half my fanfiction

Although if she doesn't I'll have to rewrite the other half

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

I said unlikely not impossible :smug:
Plus if she has a penis I'll have to rewrite half my fanfiction

Although if she doesn't I'll have to rewrite the other half

It turns out the owned one... was me

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-113/

The mask is blue.

Soy Protein Addict
Nov 11, 2017

by Smythe
Liking the heart shaped blood spatters :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Look at Yab's smile. Here's a girl who knows how to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

Such a stabbing in the front someone who had earlier accused you of wanting to stab her in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

LOVE IS REAL