Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I haven't looked at poo poo in awhile and wow sightstone is no longer a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zerilan posted:

I haven't looked at poo poo in awhile and wow sightstone is no longer a thing?

Nope, you get 500G on a support item and upgrade it and boom, sightstone.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Monathin posted:

Also literally loving nobody has resists thanks to the new rune system so autos + getting the creep wave to harass them is insanely free(tm) damage

Literally every ADC got +9 Armor in base stats to compensate for the loss of runes so auto harass and creep aggro do exactly as much as before.
Magic damage harass otoh is indeed more effective.

edit: Most ranged supps also got +9 Armor and tanky supps got +20 Armor.

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 10, 2018

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

acumen posted:

That's a ton of good info Vermain. I'll review it all with my replay later - this is what I need, thank you.

if you want me to review another replay i can do that as well sometime later

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

What's the best way to post replays for people to view now?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
lmao kog's nerf destroyed him. Bottom of the win rate pile now. Meanwhile Trist wins 53% of her games with 15% play rate

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

lmao kog's nerf destroyed him. Bottom of the win rate pile now. Meanwhile Trist wins 53% of her games with 15% play rate

Hot take: Kog being in the meta is no fun for anyone.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Monathin posted:

Hot take: Kog being in the meta is no fun for anyone.

Look at this fun hater. Assassinating Kogs is fun, blowing away the enemy team from 800 unit's away with super on hit Kog is a blast.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
AP Kog mid supremacy

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ladies and Gentlemen: A Play in Eight Acts, I give you:

Rengar

https://imgur.com/a/vvgnt

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

~fin~

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Servaetes posted:

The knowledge of his impending death is just palpable in the one where he plants the e under tower and then just frantically clicks around it. A+ imo

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
kayle can do it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Rengar

a work of art

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I know I bitched about this a lot recently but holy poo poo I haven't played against a meta support in like 4 or 5 games what is going on. It's always like mf or teemo or talon or whatever the gently caress.

Like it's been like this since preseason and I thought that 8.1 would see support going back to try hard mode but nope.

Seriously right now if you are even somewhat familiar with botlane just pick Braum and pummel your way to free lp.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Taric has been freelo for me since season start so I hope people keep picking damage dealers in support and try to build them normally without buying a support item so their ADC gets hosed as well.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Brand support is my jam, probably the best team fighting support in the game because just by mashing RQWE you like a retard you’ll get 3 stacks of his passive on everyone and win every time

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Brand support is my jam, probably the best team fighting support in the game because just by mashing RQWE you like a retard you’ll get 3 stacks of his passive on everyone and win every time

is brand support not meta now..? the gently caress?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't see it nearly as much as you did like mid last year, but that's hardly indicative at my level.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Servaetes posted:

Rengar

:allears:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brand and Zyra have been on-and-off meta picks over the years. They're somewhat less meta at the moment due to the prominence of Braum/TK/Janna/Lulu and the level of sustain in most lanes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah it's hard to poke someone out with Brand and Zyra right now, not impossible but you need to know who you're going up against. And also buy a support item which is where a lot of support Brands struggle because they start Doran's Ring and have no gold to build items.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Brand and Zyra have been on-and-off meta picks over the years. They're somewhat less meta at the moment due to the prominence of Braum/TK/Janna/Lulu and the level of sustain in most lanes.

Brand is still very good in low elo (basically silver and down) where no one knows how to dodge anything.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
https://gfycat.com/DimpledGlaringAlligator
https://gfycat.com/DeadJovialBluebottlejellyfish

"interactive gameplay" --zed

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Why does it give you like 30 seconds to get the fifth kill?

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Rygar201 posted:

Double through quadra are all ten seconds, penta is 30 seconds. For the glory.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rygar201 posted:

Because people are poo poo HEADS and try to deny Pentas so it gives you the time to hunt down the coward

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

denying pentas by running = coward

denying pentas by making a suicidal attack on the prospective penter, killing them, and going down guns blazing = warrior

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Maybe, just maybe, it's a bad idea for the entire team to stack up on the same pixel and giving the AOE CC guy a chance to AOE CC your team

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is Taric jungle a real thing that's possible and, if so, tell me how to do it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It seems like his clear with blue would be fine tbh

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

It's harder now that manaband is weaker.

I'd take either Fleet Footwork or Press the Attack, Presence of Mind, Alacrity, and Coup de Grace. Sorcery Secondary, Manaband and either Celerity or Water walking.

Start Machete and do blue buff first regardless of which side you're on. You need Cinderhulk first because it boosts his passive damage, and speeds his clear. After that, it's pretty wide open. You'll want at least one mana item. Sheen is pretty satisfying early, you'll surprise a lot of jungler who don't respect Q+Bravado+Sheen.

Tears into Muramana is hilarious if you get a a couple early kills and can get tear without delaying Cinderhulk. I haven't played it as much since they nerfed Manaband but it should still be doable but I probably wouldn't take it to ranked. Biggest problem is the Amumu issues where anyone thinks about it for two seconds knows you have to start blue

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

It's harder now that manaband is weaker.

I'd take either Fleet Footwork or Press the Attack, Presence of Mind, Alacrity, and Coup de Grace. Sorcery Secondary, Manaband and either Celerity or Water walking.

Start Machete and do blue buff first regardless of which side you're on. You need Cinderhulk first because it boosts his passive damage, and speeds his clear. After that, it's pretty wide open. You'll want at least one mana item. Sheen is pretty satisfying early, you'll surprise a lot of jungler who don't respect Q+Bravado+Sheen.

Tears into Muramana is hilarious if you get a a couple early kills and can get tear without delaying Cinderhulk. I haven't played it as much since they nerfed Manaband but it should still be doable but I probably wouldn't take it to ranked. Biggest problem is the Amumu issues where anyone thinks about it for two seconds knows you have to start blue

I wonder if you can just prioritize hunters potion. anyways ima try it be cause it sounds hilarious.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I approve of Mira owning noobs in solo queue gifs. The best content this thread has.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I wonder if you can just prioritize hunters potion. anyways ima try it be cause it sounds hilarious.

I really doubt it. Casting Q enough to crank out Bravado procs burns through mana incredibly fast.

Oh yeah, Q, W, E, Q first. You just need to be able to hold two Q charges per cast. After that you'll probably want to max dazzle in most games.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I'd say Taric is better top than jungle.
Should beat any melee AD and his towerpushing is no joke with a sheen.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

You'll be OOM before you could beat most tops I think. He's also very gankable by himself

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

iSurrender posted:

I'd say Taric is better top than jungle.
Should beat any melee AD and his towerpushing is no joke with a sheen.

Hell yeah, get a sheen + tiamat and blaze through creeps. Probably a terrible idea but one I want to try

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

I like that guys name. Respecting Women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sexpansion posted:

I've been playing it a bit lately, it works just fine. Starting blue is very important, playing to Presence of Mind on you first clear is a must. I can generally clear all 6 camps + scuttle without running out of mana and then either gank or back. It is super important that you buy a tear as soon as possible. Taric's 1v1 potential with a tear early is good enough that you don't really have to worry about getting bullied out by the enemy jungler because you didn't pick up combat stats first. I usually go Sheen->Iceborn before I bother completing a jungle item, Sheen massively increases your damage in the early game and the Iceborn proc helps you stick to people, and between Iceborn and Tear you basically don't have mana problems anymore. One game I first built Iceborn and then built Spirit Visage and solo'd baron at 28 minutes with blue. Make sure your laner knows you're coming for a gank and goes in before you get there so you can W->E from them to get in. I always play with friends so it makes that easier. Also a really funny thing you can do is have your midlaner come near you while you chickens or your toplaner come near you while you gromp. I generally cast Q about a million times while I'm doing those camps and if I W link first it just tops off their health really quick and they walk back to lane.