Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Not Operator posted:

Friday is being renamed Bayonetta Friday.

sorry but thats filet o fish day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Not Operator posted:

I am protected excited

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Marry someone who appreciates asses as much as you do

I mean, if they're marrying you...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the yeat of :weedass: but witch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Calaveron posted:

I mean, if they're marrying you...

gently caress :supaburn:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

It turned out what I was doing wrong was trying to do side quests before the story quest that gave me a full party. So learning all the weird multiple kinds of EXP and combat stuff wouldn't have been helpful. So there. Ya dick

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

It turned out what I was doing wrong was trying to do side quests before the story quest that gave me a full party. So learning all the weird multiple kinds of EXP and combat stuff wouldn't have been helpful. So there. Ya dick

You need to learn the systems at some point anyway or you're going to have a bad time

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I finished Specter of Torment last night and holy poo poo that ruled. I've been playing Plague of Shadows at the same time but nothing about that has really gotten my attention, except maybe some of the writing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bayonetta and Black Panther on the same weekend.

T'Challa is perfect on the Switch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anything new/interesting been announced yet?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Not Operator posted:

Fridayonetta

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i call bayonetta my bae

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's bizarrely hard, or I'm absolutely terrible. I'm at level 11 and a level 9 random forest monkey kills me every time I try to fight it. I took on some sidequests to level up but they just send me against random monster that are my level or lower who always beat me, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

This was pretty much my exact experience with Lightning Returns

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrast posted:

You need to learn the systems at some point anyway or you're going to have a bad time

Can't I just do a bunch of side quests and get way overleveled and blast through the plot? That's my usual plan in JRPGs

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So if the rumors are true about a Direct on Wednesday we'd hear about it by tomorrow, right?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
This is the first I've heard about a direct this Wednesday. Also, am I crazy? Was Assassin's Creed: Rogue coming to switch a rumor, or confirmed?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I was scrolling through Instagram and some lady I follow has a "Nintendo Collections Account" and one of her posts was a rumored Direct for 2/14.

I just started following her so I have no clue if she reputable or not. She basically just posts pics of her Nintendo collection.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

There are no rumours about a Valentine's Day Direct. Just your crazy person on Instagram.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No rumor has ever been true, for any company in history.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nintendo Direct has never actually existed, every one has been an elaborate hoax by the jokesters at Mega64

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sdoots posted:

I finished Specter of Torment last night and holy poo poo that ruled. I've been playing Plague of Shadows at the same time but nothing about that has really gotten my attention, except maybe some of the writing.

Holy poo poo are you me? This is word for word true of me. Finished last night!

I loved the hidden randomized scrolling tower challenge level. It made doing a hard platforming level 99 times in a row more fun than any game ever has

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I can't wait for the F-Zero Rammers announcement

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The great thing about spreading Direct rumors is that if you keep doing it you will eventually be right. I only spread extremely falsifiable rumors. For instance, I've been hearing a lot lately that Nintendo decided to stop doing Directs. "No more Directs, ever" is what people keep saying.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

In this connected internet age, there must be someone who's uncle actually works for Nintendo who can provide us with scoops.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo only employs only childs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Rip PS4 Vanquish

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can't I just do a bunch of side quests and get way overleveled and blast through the plot? That's my usual plan in JRPGs

Even trash battles take loving forever if you don't actually use the combat system properly

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
When are they gonna port Halo 3 to the Switch??

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Here's a link to a website that also says a rumor for a Direct this week. Not giving it any salt though, don't know poo poo about the sources.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-direct-february-2018-rumor/

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

This will help a fair bit but you will probably still need to understand basic stuff like Art canceling, Blade Combos and Driver Combos. You'll get pretty overleveled if you do a lot of side questing and spend all of your bonus XP, but most of your big damage comes from interacting with the various combo mechanics, and there's at least one major DPS check in the game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why the gently caress does checking the map and collectibles in Rabbids require running to the cannon in the Peach's castle? Why am I locked out of the lab menu in the castle, unless I run to the building? Gaah

But Peach is basically her fangame version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJYFbJDkqs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nintendo Direct has never actually existed, every one has been an elaborate hoax by the jokesters at Mega64

Can confirm

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kamiya is the hero video games deserve, but not the one it needs

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beastie posted:

Here's a link to a website that also says a rumor for a Direct this week. Not giving it any salt though, don't know poo poo about the sources.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-direct-february-2018-rumor/

Never heard of that dude before, and the site isn't exactly reputable. I saw rumours of a Direct in February before the mini last month but none of the people saying that have put a date on it yet.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I finally got a Switch yesterday. I can’t wait to set it up. :woop:

What’s a good spoiler-free guide for Zelda: Breath of the Wild that will tell me how to complete it 100% while getting the most out of the story? I’d ask in the BotW thread, but the game has been out for a year and there be spoilers.

Also how do I play Sonic Mania, because last I checked the Switch didn’t have Virtual Console but it’s a download-only game?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Here's a loving rumor for you nerds to salivate over

Nintendo is going to announce new 2018-2019 titles for their hit console the Nintendo Switch in the next 1-11 months. Some of these will be first party titles.

Consider the discussion concluded tia

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What’s a good spoiler-free guide for Zelda: Breath of the Wild that will tell me how to complete it 100% while getting the most out of the story? I’d ask in the BotW thread, but the game has been out for a year and there be spoilers.

Also how do I play Sonic Mania, because last I checked the Switch didn’t have Virtual Console but it’s a download-only game?

Don't read a guide for botw. Just explore at your own pace.

Probably follow the main quest until at least Hateno (or the place after that to get the camera) but other than that, just do whatever you want

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 12, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seconding not trying to 100% botw the first time

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Switch has a digital store where you can buy digital-only games like Sonic Mania (along with all retail Switch games also).

"Virtual Console" refers fairly specifically to emulated versions of NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBC/GBA etc games, which were also available for sale on the digital store on the past few consoles/handhelds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'd go blind (trust your instincts on where to go) until you understand the mechanics since part of the fun is the mystique of learning as you go. After that, you can edge your way into using guides--you don't have to worry about missing stuff, you'll sweep Hyrule several times before you ever get it all

You can play the game in any order, but if you've played Zelda before, you'll have an idea about where you want to go first

• Locked thread