Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Photex posted:

Friends don't let friends buy TN Panels

I'll be paying these hospital bills due to TN Neck Syndrome for the next 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

stump collector posted:

they should call it viewing angle shooting

i can't count the times i've seen a $1000 monitor suggested in the pc building thread

Someone just posted they had https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories over in the 'Post your (actual) desktop thread.

I literally scoffed then giggled to myself.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

stupid double post.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kwilty posted:

Someone just posted they had https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories over in the 'Post your (actual) desktop thread.

They had a bunch of those at DHack last year, and I giggled when I saw a bunch of people playing CS on them in 4:3

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Kwilty posted:

speaking of monitors that'll give you neck pain lmao

I bought my 248qe last year at $200 new and it might be a bit old-hat but it's done exactly what I wanted and it's significantly less expensive than everything else out there so w/e

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I have the smaller, cheaper benq for a couple years and it's great. Colors are a touch weird but I've never tried to fix it. Plays videogames nice, hasn't broken. A++ product.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I got a 2518hf from Alienware and it looks good but I loving hate the monitor stand. It's bigger and dumber and sharper than it looks. I was able to get a spare monitor stand from another Dell monitor just like the ones they ad at eleague boston and life is now good.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

SealHammer posted:

speaking of monitors that'll give you neck pain lmao

I bought my 248qe last year at $200 new and it might be a bit old-hat but it's done exactly what I wanted and it's significantly less expensive than everything else out there so w/e

eyy I got one of those 248qe monitors last november for $170 and I was blown away at how much smoother CS:GO was, sure the color needed some serious calibration but everything was so drat SMOOTH. loving Doom II looks miles more amazing on this thing than the cheapo monitor was using.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
RIP Xizt

Dunno where he'll go next. Maybe form some sort of rejects team with fribbe

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rejects in Pyjamas: Xizt, friberg, Maikelele, pyth, allu

This has me wondering, though, if they would've swapped for Dennis had they done well at cs_summit.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

stump collector posted:

I got a 2518hf from Alienware and it looks good but I loving hate the monitor stand. It's bigger and dumber and sharper than it looks. I was able to get a spare monitor stand from another Dell monitor just like the ones they ad at eleague boston and life is now good.

If you have the space for them I think they're nice! Metal stands are nifty, I'll admit I've ruined plastic stands on pricier displays by setting a vape/blunt down in the wrong spot

But what really matters is that this display fuckin rips. 48-240hz is good poo poo

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Good move for NiP. Sad to say but Xizt is one of the most invisible players to ever touch the game. Didn't see him as a strong IGL, nor as a strong fragger. This looks like the strongest NiP lineup, with potential for real damage if GTR and f0rest can return to old school form.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Fade into obscurity a la pronax

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Hes the best hamster to ever play the game though,

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

symbolic posted:

Rejects in Pyjamas: Xizt, friberg, Maikelele, pyth, allu

This is a rejects team as much as David is a reject of the pieces Michelangelo chipped off the initial slab.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Good to see a bit of 553 bolstering Astralis :c00l:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
So what's the consensus on the shotgun changes that came out with the last update? I haven't had much time to play and test them out.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Finally got ranked! Silver Elite. Teamed up with the people from my final placement my final match for another round to revel in not having a cooldown and we got UTTERLY ANNIHILATED. i like this game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Audax posted:

So what's the consensus on the shotgun changes that came out with the last update? I haven't had much time to play and test them out.

They're not live. I think they feel really good to completely broken

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
They came to release version with the 2/8 update.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2018/02/20051/

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Ok

Pretty good to broken

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

obviously they're still situationally useful, like you're not defending on dust2 a plat and killing people at pit or anything, but they're definitely better. Did have a successful A plat hold on a save round with a nova I picked up off a guy; killed the guy cat and got his nova, then got behind the double boxes and smoked 2 or 3 Ts coming up ramp, they were idiots obviously but it felt good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So, uh, bike parts.

e: Sold. $125 profit. I love this game. :pcgaming:

symbolic fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 18, 2018

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
That's easily the best looking skin of the case and the best one in a while IMO. Having it would be more than enough to get me to switch to A4

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Tevery Best posted:

That's easily the best looking skin of the case and the best one in a while IMO. Having it would be more than enough to get me to switch to A4

I've been sticking with the M4A1-S even though it's trash compared to the A4, trying to convince myself that it'll surely get a buff somewhere down the road that'll somehow make it worthwhile

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Shotguns seem more consistent now, less of a meme weapon and something you can actually click on heads with

The nova 'works' in like, Inferno apartments type range situations (from stairs to balcony). I'm not sure if it's at the point that I'd pick up a Nova over a p250, but it's a lot more viable to farm cash with than it used to be

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Shotguns seem more consistent now, less of a meme weapon and something you can actually click on heads with

The nova 'works' in like, Inferno apartments type range situations (from stairs to balcony). I'm not sure if it's at the point that I'd pick up a Nova over a p250, but it's a lot more viable to farm cash with than it used to be

The Mag-7 was already viable for this.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Nah that's just the meme of goonmans past fooling you

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Nah that's just the meme of goonmans past fooling you

Or the strings of 3-4ks I'd get with it in competitive games because it's perfect for homing tight angles and surprising the T's when working with another teammate in boiler? Not to mention tossing a one-way smoke in the corner of stairs and you've got a legit meat grinder going in.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Viable but still a meme imo. Think if you were playing boring and purely optimal, it's just not a flexible enough weapon for the cost. Personally though, I love shotguns.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Buying a shotgun with a specific task in mind is a great way to guarantee that the T's will straight rush and take the other site, forcing you to attempt retaking banana with a nova

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bohemian Nights posted:

Buying a shotgun with a specific task in mind is a great way to guarantee that the T's will straight rush and take the other site, forcing you to attempt retaking banana with a nova

Surprisingly enough this hasn't happened to me all that often.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Surprisingly enough this hasn't happened to me all that often.

I blame the law of attraction

e:

Also tyloo 2-0 over fnatic in starseries

Fnatic is obviously a shadow of its former self, but still, it sure would be cool as hell to have an actually competitive team out of china in Tyloo

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 18, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I blame the law of attraction

e:

Also tyloo 2-0 over fnatic in starseries

Fnatic is obviously a shadow of its former self, but still, it sure would be cool as hell to have an actually competitive team out of china in Tyloo

Hey man, fnatic has been on the upswing recently tbh

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Hey man, fnatic has been on the upswing recently tbh

Oh certainly, but its current iteration still feels like a tier 1.5 team imo

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Nova has always been a good shotgun if you can click people quickly from close distances. Mag7 used to be the best hands down until it got nerfed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he just said they're more consistent, don't tell me you guys have never aimed perfectly with a shotgun and hit them up for 40 in 1 from very close range

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the nova is the long range fight shotgun and the mag 7 is the hold an angle shotgun

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Had Astralis vs G2 on in the background, literally forgot it was on with the sound enabled because the monotone of the casters was like white noise and I tuned it out entirely. Almost impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianRoundKleeStinkyCheese

https://twitter.com/ropzicle/status/965310606608912385

Just y'know normal :csgo: things.