Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Schadenboner posted:

GoT is on Amazon Video though?

:shrug:

:canada:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sorry aboot ur lots.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
businesstown amazingly updated

http://welcometobusinesstown.tumblr.com/post/170775144776/extremely-overdue-content-so-last-winter-i-was

http://welcometobusinesstown.tumblr.com/post/170776825826/second-half-of-that-marketing-spread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lancemantis posted:

Cause 3: Enforcement
Money Image

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

i feel thats p much a "water is wet; trump is bad" no-poo poo article. everyone already knows if you make legal sources easier+affordable it kills piracy and whatever is left is p much people that couldn't pay (14 year olds, 3rd world countries, whatever) anyways.

i stopped pirating things from like '11 to '16 but with the splintering up of movies/tv as each publisher and studio wants their own ~unique snowflake~ service and demands extra money or whatever from netflix and library starts to rot, i've started using bittorrent in the last year or two than i have the last 5+ years.

i also havent pirated music in years since everything is on spotify and so much easier to have it all in 1-place across my desktop/workstation/phone

index:tvshowname 1080p

"parent directory" "tvshowname" 1080p

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
hbo has also radically improved its streaming service since that comic was written

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Reddit audiophiles test HomePod, say it sounds better than $1,000 speaker

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
username/post dunk

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

rjmccall posted:

hbo has also radically improved its streaming service since that comic was written

HBO go pauses to buffer for 10+ seconds at least twice for every show i watch on it. It's bad enough we activated our HBO on Amazon prime to stream the shows through that instead.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fishmech posted:

uh, you gotta wear a seatbelt in 49 of 50 states and you have to wear a motorcycle helmet under at least some circumstances in 48 of 50 states

"some circumstances" for many of those states are situations like "you are a child on the pillion seat" or "you have a learner's permit" or "you have a motorcycle but don't have a motorcycle license" (yes, seriously). iirc there are less than 20 states with a universal all-riders-all-the-time helmet law, which is the only law that matters.

lancemantis posted:

i remember watching motorcyclists in council bluffs IA ride around with a helmet looped around their arm for if/when they hopped over to nebraska

saw the same thing all the time in rhode island for when they went into MA. or i guess so they could put it on if they were planning on crashing that day.

i also once saw a guy in RI going about 85, 90mph on a supersport on the inner shoulder of SR-146, wearing a hoodie and jeans, sitting upright, on hand on his hip, the other texting on his flip phone. i wonder if he's dead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hifi posted:

Reddit audiophiles test HomePod, say it sounds better than $1,000 speaker

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

did we all read the latest car and driver article about this?

i thought it was interesting that apparently bmw wanted to gimp their cars when it found the seatbelts to not be plugged in in lieu of crash testing without seatbelts and the iihs? or some other body said no.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

What in the goddamn christ

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Not a Children posted:

What in the goddamn christ

lurk more ???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

did we all read the latest car and driver article about this?

i thought it was interesting that apparently bmw wanted to gimp their cars when it found the seatbelts to not be plugged in in lieu of crash testing without seatbelts and the iihs? or some other body said no.

that's neat, and i think is a perfectly good idea

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

thank you

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

"some circumstances" for many of those states are situations like "you are a child on the pillion seat" or "you have a learner's permit" or "you have a motorcycle but don't have a motorcycle license" (yes, seriously). iirc there are less than 20 states with a universal all-riders-all-the-time helmet law, which is the only law that matters.

in that case we could consider no states to have a real seatbelt law, cuz you can still get away with it if your car did not come with a seat belt as purchased.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fishmech posted:

in that case we could consider no states to have a real seatbelt law, cuz you can still get away with it if your car did not come with a seat belt as purchased.

You mean pre-1968 cars*?

*: 1961 in Wisconsin.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

nice

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Sorry aboot ur lots.

worst part's having to torrent the french one too

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Schadenboner posted:

You mean pre-1968 cars*?

*: 1961 in Wisconsin.

them, and various imported cars from elsewhere.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fishmech posted:

that's a dumb interpretation. in california you can ride a motorcycle without turn signals if it's old enough, but nobody (except fishmech) would say that that means there's no real turn signal law, because the law has said you need turn signals since like the mid-60s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here's a fun factoid though: in canada, or at least in ontario, you are allowed to cram as many people as you want into your car as long as (1) all the seatbelts are in use and (2) all minors have a seat belt or appropriate car seat. i assume this is to help out large families who can't afford a car with enough seats.

so once those five belts are clicked in, go hog wild

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

worst part's having to torrent the french one too

I would have thought the governmental decree that 40% of the scenes have to be re-shot using exclusively Canadian actors would grate more than this, tbh?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

here's a fun factoid though: in canada, or at least in ontario, you are allowed to cram as many people as you want into your car as long as (1) all the seatbelts are in use and (2) all minors have a seat belt or appropriate car seat. i assume this is to help out large families who can't afford a car with enough seats.

so once those five belts are clicked in, go hog wild

this was right and then some kids piled into a car and drove into a house with buddy in the trunk, and he died, so now everybody in the car needs a belt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how was it not already against the law to drive around with someone in the trunk

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

hadn't been a problem up to that point; also, much of ontario is rural and pickup trucks are a thing

careless driving already described hurting anyone who wasn't/couldn't wear a belt so it didn't need its own offence, then a kid died and we passed a Someone Think of the Children!!! act because if there's one thing legislators are good at, it's outlawing the same thing a few more times

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

i also once saw a guy in RI going about 85, 90mph on a supersport on the inner shoulder of SR-146, wearing a hoodie and jeans, sitting upright, on hand on his hip, the other texting on his flip phone. i wonder if he's dead

iirc you're also a former AZ resident like myself, the lack of brain buckets was weird to me when i first moved there

I remember being on speedway blvd in tucson, stopped at a light next to a guy on a gsx-r. he was wearing jorts, a basketball jersey, flip-flops, and an open carry semi-auto. no helmet though

when the light turned green he split the two cars in front of him and then did a wheelie until i couldn't see him anymore, so probably like half a mile

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
thats the most arizona image

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Farmdizzle posted:

I remember being on speedway blvd in tucson, stopped at a light next to a guy on a gsx-r. he was wearing jorts, a basketball jersey, flip-flops, and an open carry semi-auto. no helmet though

some folks didnt believe me when i said tucson was all dirt and rocks. just road and dirt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Farmdizzle posted:

iirc you're also a former AZ resident like myself, the lack of brain buckets was weird to me when i first moved there

when the light turned green he split the two cars in front of him and then did a wheelie until i couldn't see him anymore, so probably like half a mile

southwestusa.txt

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

some folks didnt believe me when i said tucson was all dirt and rocks. just road and dirt

sometimes the road *is* dirt

i have seriously never seen shittier asphalt. it's so buckled and potholed that the c clip on the hinge pin on my truck's door fell off and it would start to rattle out. i'd tap it back dow every weekend

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
like go on screwgle maps and switch to satellite and zoom over tucson. its a complete shithole

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

like go on screwgle maps and switch to satellite and zoom over tucson. its a complete shithole
google maps + tucson = hours of fun trying to identify aircraft in the david-montham air force boneyard

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

how was it not already against the law to drive around with someone in the trunk

it's still legal and common to drive with people in the bed of a pickup truck in... pretty much all of the south, last time i checked. still see people doing it all the time too, generally shirtless and holding beers for the added class

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

at my last job one of the projects we had was with a utility company that had facilities in tucson. i spent months looking at aerial imagery of that place.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

when I was in china I saw a guy on a electric scooter weaving through heavy traffic, the driver wearing only flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt driving a passenger wearing the same, sitting side saddle and eating a gigantic bowl of noodles. One hand on the underside of the bowl, the second shoving noodles in their mouth with chopsticks while balanced on the seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FMguru posted:

google maps + tucson = hours of fun trying to identify aircraft in the david-montham air force boneyard

just like the ruskies, looking for chopped up B-52s.