Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

eonwe posted:

seconding not trying to 100% botw the first time

*ever

Trying to get all the korok seeds is loving madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

KingSlime posted:

Here's a loving rumor for you nerds to salivate over

Nintendo is going to announce new 2018-2019 titles for their hit console the Nintendo Switch in the next 1-11 months. Some of these will be first party titles.

Consider the discussion concluded tia

Is it Smash Bros? Pikmin??

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I finally got a Switch yesterday. I can’t wait to set it up. :woop:

What’s a good spoiler-free guide for Zelda: Breath of the Wild that will tell me how to complete it 100% while getting the most out of the story? I’d ask in the BotW thread, but the game has been out for a year and there be spoilers.

Also how do I play Sonic Mania, because last I checked the Switch didn’t have Virtual Console but it’s a download-only game?

best way to enjoy BotW is to follow the main quest for the first few hours until you get the camera and photo album, and then go do whatever the gently caress you want for 100 hours

Sonic Mania is in the eShop. 'virtual console' just refers to official emulated versions of old Nintendo console games, it's not the same thing as the eShop, which exists.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Also how do I play Sonic Mania, because last I checked the Switch didn’t have Virtual Console but it’s a download-only game?

Sonic Mania is a new game, you just grab it from the Switch's eShop. Virtual Console is Nintendo's branding for emulating games that were on old consoles, which you're right, isn't available on Switch yet. (Hamster's Arcade Archives are worth checking out, especially in this vacuum.)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Switch has an eShop. Sonic Mania is on that. It's not a port of an old game so it wouldn't be a virtual console game anyway. Virtual console is just a brand name, they sell tons of old arcade games on the eShop they just don't use the moniker anymore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As for a spoiler free Zelda guide, honestly whatever $20 officially licensed one they have at GameStop is probably pretty good about that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo wont let me repurchase SMW or LttP

they are my enemy

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I have purchased both SMW and LttP on my 3DS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's not a switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Using a guide to 100% BOTW while remaining spoiler free is kind of missing the point. The exploration and various stuff in the nooks and crannies of the world are what you want to avoid spoiling. The actual plot is so straightforward that it's almost impossible to spoil.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Finding the memories was probably the most the most fun thing in botw and it's too bad there was only 12.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Reality Loser posted:

Finding the memories was probably the most the most fun thing in botw and it's too bad there was only 12.

Miphas memory on the Divine beast was the best part of the game imo

Her musical theme is just so fuckin good

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I finally got a Switch yesterday. I can’t wait to set it up. :woop:

What’s a good spoiler-free guide for Zelda: Breath of the Wild that will tell me how to complete it 100% while getting the most out of the story? I’d ask in the BotW thread, but the game has been out for a year and there be spoilers.

Play it in any order you want. There are quests if you want to follow them. The adventure and experiencing of it all on your own is the fun part, not knowing what's over that mountain or under that rock (it's a korok :v:) and then going off in another direction at something interesting looking in the distance.

Reality Loser posted:

:same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Any guide or spoilers for BotW would be injurious to the experience.

Go in as blind as possible and just do whatever to get the most out of it. It is curiosity driven and following a list of any kind seems antithetical to it's intent.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I never even looked up a guide or anything until I felt like I needed help finding the last 10-15 shrines. And that was well after I had beaten the main story.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Spellman posted:

You can play the game in any order, but if you've played Zelda before, you'll have an idea about where you want to go first

Almost every Zelda game has you go to hyrule castle for the introduction/tutorial, so keep with tradition and go there first

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Disc Jam is kind of neat. It's not quit as addicting as Rocket League and the customization isn't as rewarding.

But the games are quick and can get pretty tense during a good volley. Controls aren't super precise but I was playing handheld.

Portability really helps this title. If you like RL and liked Windjammers this is a good buy for $15.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yeah, a guide would make it very unfulfilling. The collectibles aren't so much a challenge as they are a reward for being curious. If you had a 100% guide (which as everyone has said would be sheer madness) you'd just be beelining for objectives, turning the game into a pure walking simulator.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The true legend of Zelda is the friends you make along the way.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Not Operator posted:

The true legend of Zelda is the friends you make along the way.

I need to buy Beedle a beer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

I need to buy Beedle a beer.

Surprise! He's the only beer seller, and it's 30 rupees each. However, he'll buy your excess beers for 2 rupees if you want.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does Puyo Tetris support playing with friends online?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Night in the Woods is a great game okay that's my hot take bye.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

Does Puyo Tetris support playing with friends online?

I don't think so, or at least I haven't been able to find it.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I seem to have run into ANOTHER crippling bug in Skyrim. I started a new character after the "Liberate Skyrim" quest bugged out on my main character. On this new character, who is a battle-mage with a conjuration specialty, I am convinced that the Conjuration Master in the College of Winterhold is gone. From the wiki, he sleeps in his room at night and then spends the majority of the day in the Arcaneum. I have searched both of these locations at all hours and he is nowhere to be found. Of course this happens on the character specializing in Conjuration and would be the second time I am basically forced to restart.

Is anyone else having a lot of issues with Skyrim on the Switch? The thing that sucks is I absolutely love the game and am having a blast, but its pretty demoralizing losing my progress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MrSargent posted:

I seem to have run into ANOTHER crippling bug in Skyrim. I started a new character after the "Liberate Skyrim" quest bugged out on my main character. On this new character, who is a battle-mage with a conjuration specialty, I am convinced that the Conjuration Master in the College of Winterhold is gone. From the wiki, he sleeps in his room at night and then spends the majority of the day in the Arcaneum. I have searched both of these locations at all hours and he is nowhere to be found. Of course this happens on the character specializing in Conjuration and would be the second time I am basically forced to restart.

Is anyone else having a lot of issues with Skyrim on the Switch? The thing that sucks is I absolutely love the game and am having a blast, but its pretty demoralizing losing my progress.

That’s just Skyrim. Not exclusive to the Switch version at all.

There’s a reason many people prefer the pc version where you can fix that stuff with the developer console or mods.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're repackaging Splatoon 2 with a strategy guide and stcikers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What are the best couch co op games for this system?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Andrast posted:

That’s just Skyrim. Not exclusive to the Switch version at all.

There’s a reason many people prefer the pc version where you can fix that stuff with the developer console or mods.

I ran into a bug where the secret exit from the Riften jail cell wasn't working (you can see the hidden button and press it, but nothing happens), and didn't remember hitting that problem in the PC version... but then I realized that I had downloaded an unofficial patch for it years ago :argh:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Spacebump posted:

What are the best couch co op games for this system?

Overcooked is fun and hilarious and will trigger PTSD if you've ever worked in a restaurant. Also only $20.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m still unsure about playing a Zelda game that doesn’t have real dungeons in it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

MrSargent posted:

Maybe he's trapped in the snow like this?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200278-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/76022156

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I’m still unsure about playing a Zelda game that doesn’t have real dungeons in it.

it technically does have some real dungeons

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That better be an updated version, because there was a guide for the game at launch which is definitely outdated by now!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Splategy guide"

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

I'm going to check this when I get home. I don't think he attended the morning meeting so maybe he is stuck. I am pretty sure he is marked as a "critical" NPC and can't die. I saw on some other forums that he sometimes makes trips into town, and maybe he got knocked off the bridge on one of his trips. Thanks a lot for the help.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just got a Switch a few weeks ago, and it’s been loving fantastic. Haven’t had a gaming PC in 5 or 6 years, and outside of the new 3ds, haven’t had a new console since the 360/Wii generation.

I’ve played about 90% handheld and its been awesome performance and convenience-wise, since my gaming time is limited as a parent of a toddler and owner of 2 dogs.

BOTW is incredible, and I will fully echo the Just Explore crowd. I’ve been taking my time and just wandering around the map, checking out new areas, shrines, climbing poo poo for fun, and am just now approaching the third dungeon after many hours of play. I’ve played just about every single Zelda game there is, and this is exactly the direction I had hoped this series would take. So good.

Odyssey and portable Stardew are also excellent, and it sounds like I need to get on the Bayonetta 2 train. Loved the first game, excited to gear that the sequel improved on it.

Does Dark Souls remaster mean that DS3 is eventually coming to Switch? Haven’t played that one yet after being obsessed with 1/2.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its not confirmed, but if I was betting on it I'd put money on DS3 coming to switch eventually

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The direction I think Zelda should take is upwards to the stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It does have real dungeons, theyre just not very good much like the rest of the game.

• Locked thread