Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Sho nuff. I'll throw some together tonight.

The last guy was so scared he refused to come out of the house that was getting blued out.

:lol: That's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The Ghoulish Conspiracy Mongering PUBG squad got ourselves a vehicle only chicken dinner last night.

Goddamnit I knew I quit at the wrong time. That’s incredible and I can’t wait to see the video!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Goddamnit I knew I quit at the wrong time. That’s incredible and I can’t wait to see the video!

I just hope that the video I accidentally deleted last night wasn't the one with KFFF's murder/suicide handbrake turn that killed two guys and allowed me to kill a third.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

At least I have the video of KFFF shrieking like an unhinged banshee over local voice for people to dance to “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nitro thunder pubg is the best.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYHezL6kNsc

allah ackbar

edit: I've been fishing for a chance to hop into a vehicle and pull the pin on a grenade for awhile now so I got overly excited and kinda hosed up at first which is why I was honking on the horn

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 13, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
cross out people doing neat things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckNq-cNvdtk

3 people designed vehicles that combine into 1

then they go shoot people

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
This loving game
https://i.imgur.com/ccDcvLY.gifv

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
witness me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAmD8UJOnl0

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
mediocre

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

U don't ride with us so u can't talk.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ftfy

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7mbaWd3lU

This doesn't include the win because the win was basically a guy dying to the blue but everything else was this weekend

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

No goku on this page? SHAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HibpyWTDowk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shim

where u at bro

slacking

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

shim

where u at bro

slacking

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Because it's near impossible to get a 1080ti for MSRP I am considering getting a Titan XP for ~$1150. Which is cheaper than a 1080ti. Because why not.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Jesus Christ that's insane. I spent 1500 on my entire setup including 1440p monitor.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's literally impossible to get a 1080ti for MSRP. I'm on three different waiting lists with an estimated time of :shrug: that are also first come/first serve. The best I'm looking at, assuming I want it now before the heat death of the universe, is like 1300ish and that's pushing it; most likely it'll be 1500. So just getting a Titan XP makes more sense, since it's like 8-10% faster and shipped for 1225.

Crypto prices aren't going to drop card prices very quickly.

Now to build the rest of my machine. I'm bitten by the bug now so I want to get this done with.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I know you have gently caress you money but it just doesn't sound very frugal

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's not, but I don't have really any other option if I wanted to get anything past a 1070. poo poo's expensive and it won't be getting cheaper anytime soon.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Do you have a MicroCenter or a Fry's near you? Pre-built PCs aren't getting hit with the crypto tax, and you can get one with a 1080 for the price of the card alone. Use it as a starting point for your own build, or rip out the card for your machine and build a media center with the husk.

Example with a 1070 near me:

MicroCenter

Newegg

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 14, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I do have a Microcenter down the road. They're selling a prebuilt for 2299, the only model with a 1080ti. I can do a lot better for a bit more.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Carteret posted:

Do you have a MicroCenter or a Fry's near you? Pre-built PCs aren't getting hit with the crypto tax, and you can get one with a 1080 for the price of the card alone. Use it as a starting point for your own build, or rip out the card for your machine and build a media center with the husk.

Example with a 1070 near me:

MicroCenter

Newegg

I've been wondering why people haven't been snapping up those pre-mades just to rip out the components and sell them.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Via someone in TFR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRa0KZsGhc

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
2400 bucks shipped.

i5 8600k, 16gb of DDR4 3000 ram, 500gb EVO 960 m2 SSD, Titan XP. Getting a really quiet case/cooler. This setup will presumably last me until around 2024. If video card and RAM prices were normal, I would be getting a 1080ti w/ 32GB of RAM and this setup would cost around 1500 bucks. Opted to get an i5 8600k over an i7 8700k because the ~5% power difference in poo poo that actually uses that many cores isn't worth a hundred bucks.

I will get a new monitor next month, as I have exceeded my happy fun times budget. In the meantime I will be using a HDMI -> DVI-D adapter for my ancient rear end 2405FPW display.

Gonna sleep on this and wait until I get home after work before I pull the trigger.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yikes, Last Guardian looks and feels like hot trash on my PS4 Pro in 4k. Is it really that much better if I force it to 1080p?

I don't think that'll fix the camera controls where the deadzone is 90% of the stick, though.

Vasudus posted:

2400 bucks shipped.

i5 8600k, 16gb of DDR4 3000 ram, 500gb EVO 960 m2 SSD, Titan XP. Getting a really quiet case/cooler. This setup will presumably last me until around 2024. If video card and RAM prices were normal, I would be getting a 1080ti w/ 32GB of RAM and this setup would cost around 1500 bucks. Opted to get an i5 8600k over an i7 8700k because the ~5% power difference in poo poo that actually uses that many cores isn't worth a hundred bucks.

I will get a new monitor next month, as I have exceeded my happy fun times budget. In the meantime I will be using a HDMI -> DVI-D adapter for my ancient rear end 2405FPW display.

Gonna sleep on this and wait until I get home after work before I pull the trigger.

Maybe reconsider going with the 8600k over the 8700k. You don't need the extra cores...until you do. I swapped my 6600k for a 7700k and saw a big improvement in BF1. Games are finally starting to take advantage of different CPU cores and I was bottlenecked to 90-100 FPS in BF1 with my 1080Ti until I got a new CPU.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 14, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

2400 bucks shipped.

The i7 is basically last generation's Xeon and then some, the 8700k is legitimately a massive upgrade even over the previous generation of processors in the i7-7700k, it's the first generation where I would legitimately recommend an upgrade over Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge. The extra 2 physical cores is a literal 50% increase in processing power. OSes and games are very smart about how to handle multicore systems now, so the "more isn't always better" argument doesn't really hold true anymore, also a Titan XP would be bottlenecked to gently caress by an i5, graphics cards are legitimately powerful enough that given the opportunity they will gladly utilize every scrap of CPU power to push information from system RAM into the GPU. Seriously, just spend the 100 bucks. You're already going wild and out on your PC anyways.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 14, 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im running an i7-6700, would i need a new mobo to handle the 8700?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im running an i7-6700, would i need a new mobo to handle the 8700?

Yes. The socket is the same but the chipset won't work, due to mo' cores mo' problems.

See also "gently caress you we want you to pay for a motherboard again"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

Yes. The socket is the same but the chipset won't work, due to mo' cores mo' problems.

See also "gently caress you we want you to pay for a motherboard again"

nvm then im good

btw this is my case on my current gaming pc

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-portable-mini-itx-case

i love the poo poo out of it

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Found on reddit (I know I know)

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Well reuters seems to think there's going to be an announcement/release next month on a nextgen nvidia card.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...f-idUSKBN1FT2AW

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TCD posted:

Well reuters seems to think there's going to be an announcement/release next month on a nextgen nvidia card.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...f-idUSKBN1FT2AW

can't wait for it to immediately be hoovered up by cryptomancers

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

can't wait for it to immediately be hoovered up by cryptomancers

I know :(

I'd really like a 2080 or whatever the gently caress the next non-Ti card is going to be.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Look at all these scrubs who want computers built with technology less than five seven years old. :rolleyes:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm not playing chicken with release dates for new things. There's always something right around the corner. I've read that production boards won't be available until April at least, possibly longer depending on the model. I'm not waiting that much longer.

I'll get the 8700k, gently caress it.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Vasudus posted:

I'm not playing chicken with release dates for new things. There's always something right around the corner. I've read that production boards won't be available until April at least, possibly longer depending on the model. I'm not waiting that much longer.

I'll get the 8700k, gently caress it.

No doubt - it's just I have 1080 in SLI, and I want to go to a single card so it's a Titan Xp or Ti... or wait a little longer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

getting flashbacks to the bad old days of command line interfaces yeah yeah i know they're still useful and powerful in certain contexts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGcrvGTMgkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Get an email from nVidia to buy a 1080ti at MSRP. Immediately panic and wonder if I can cancel my Titan XP. Go to order the 1080ti, notice it's already sold out. Time elapsed: 35 minutes.

Goddamn bitcoiners.