Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xander77 posted:

"gently caress Nazis. Also, every piece of poo poo right winger is now a Nazi. Also, slippery slopes are definitely not a thing."
L
O
L

No, "slippery slope" is not a thing. The "Punch all Nazis" thing begins and ends with nazis. Is it classifying Shucks as a Nazi you disagree with? Cernovich? A literal white supremacists by his own admission and the nazi press secretary whose very job is to help the nazis? Which one are you objecting to? I'm not 100% where you live, but here on Earth if you see a crowd of people chanting "Death to Jews" you don't go, "Hey now wait a minute guys, that one right there is only holding the bullhorn the leader is speaking in and now repeating what he said for reporters, we can't be SURE they are a Nazi. Don't want to go off all half-cocked or troday it's punching nazis tomorrow we'll be punching babies just in case. That's just how this works!"

You're an idiot defending nazis under the "some of them might be fine people" umbrella.

This is probably how they justify it themselves, Shucks isn't the press secretary of the part of trump that literally believes in "superiour genes", she's just the press secretary of the parts that aren't. Parts of trump are a very fine person. It's just a slippery slope to deciding to not defend what actions of his is and aren't nazi actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So Trump's a bit of a curates egg: bits of him are excellent.*

*Which bits those are, is left as an exercise for the reader. (I personally suspect a couple of his fingernails.)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh. I actually was wondering about him and BUSTY ROSS and LEFTY LUCY the other day. I can't say I needed to know.

Is Henry, that awful racist piece of poo poo, still around too?

And this one, which combines bullshit RWNJ talking points with atrocious execution!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"...but it's okay when I do it because I don't claim to be a good person!"

If this is supposed to be a dig at trans women I don't think he's aware of the magic (makeup) we are equipped with

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I think it's instead a dig at liberal women all supposedly being too ugly (or mannish i guess?) to be recognized as 'real women'.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FreeKillB posted:

I think it's instead a dig at liberal women all supposedly being too ugly (or mannish i guess?) to be recognized as 'real women'.

Yeah, it's just horribly misogynist and the transphobia is just an accidental bonus.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea don't worry if Tinsley was shown that old comic he'd redo it to add in the transphobia*.

*more transphobia

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, it's just horribly misogynist and the transphobia is just an accidental bonus.

Hot on the loving heels of Tinsley calling out liberal women for making fun of Sarah Huckabee Sanders' appearance, too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hot on the loving heels of Tinsley calling out liberal women for making fun of Sarah Huckabee Sanders' appearance, too.

"Only my insults against my political opponents psychical features are just!"

VVV

Yeah its older, but drunky duck would still make the insult if it was some left woman de jure his booze addled 2 week delay focused on.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 13, 2018

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think it's an older strip brought up by the poster as a response to the comic you mention.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Well done Three Stooges reference, there.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tropico 6 lookin good

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

FreeKillB posted:

I would argue that insults aimed at cis women centered around suggesting (or outright claiming) that they're actually trans women are inherently transphobic! Particularly given that the entire premise of it being an insult is that trans women are ugly, gross, weird, and not actually, you know, women.

Insults based on their outright being men are virtually identical to insults based on their being trans women, given that the people using these sorts of insults 100% never actually believe that trans women are anything other than men.

It's one of the distressingly both-sides examples of transphobia you can find, sadly, as you'll often see people deploy it at conservative women they hate for being conservative (the number of Ann Coulter adam's apple/hands jokes I've seen "enlightened" lefty types bust out without a second thought over the years...), too, though the conservative tendency to equate a woman's worth with their adherence to idealized femininity does have them use it at a somewhat higher rate when they want to insult a woman (hell, does anyone in this thread need to have the nightmare show aimed at Michelle Obama over the last 10 pointed out for them at this point? No, of course not).

(Not aiming this post at anyone in this thread, just blathering on into the void, sorry, it's one of my more sizeable bugaboos, along with its cousin, "effeminate")

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I think it's an older strip brought up by the poster as a response to the comic you mention.

Ah.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This week's Zelda special guest star: Audrey Horne.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grape posted:

This week's Zelda special guest star: Audrey Horne.

That's actually exactly what it is. They're at a Twin Peaks themed party.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

D.N. Nation posted:

And this one, which combines bullshit RWNJ talking points with atrocious execution!

Ugh. I hate these. I hate em. *Barf*

Jiffletta
Dec 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Crabtree posted:

I thought racism was supposed to make your dumb made up culture be the dominant one. How the gently caress did white people survive when they're up against psychkers?!

Thus by a constant shifting of rhetorical focus, blah blah so on and so on.

Look at how Tolkien made the Orks and the Men from the East way more technologically advanced than any of the Aryan races in middle earth.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Holy crap that last panel really hits home.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Angular Cyrus posted:

Nothing New Under the Sun Dept.

This ran in The Montana Standard on December 24th, 1905. I'll understand if you don't want to strain your eyes, but this bit near the end felt like it needed to be pointed out:

This guy's kicking rad. Hell yeah decapitate me bro.

Question from the bitcoin thread in YOSPOS: is that a coca leaf on the right? And..a unicorn? Is Dees actually trying to be critical here? What's going on?!?

edit: wait is that a panther

edit: who is that with the creepy eyes and shiny face

edit: why are my walls meltinggg

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 13, 2018

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

???

Is this really just supposed to be some super weak burn like "he's not in the chair, because he wasn't a president, so he's not in the portrait"? Does him unveiling it have anything to do with the "punchline"?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Grimdude posted:

???

Is this really just supposed to be some super weak burn like "he's not in the chair, because he wasn't a president, so he's not in the portrait"? Does him unveiling it have anything to do with the "punchline"?

I think it might be a reference to that stupid thing Clint Eastwood did.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Change obama to trump and its not a bad cartoon about trump going out of his way to remove everything about obamas presidency.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Duke Igthorn posted:

No, "slippery slope" is not a thing.

Trazz posted:

There's no such thing as a "moderate Republican." That just makes them Nazi collaborators.
Etc. But you believe that to be true, so somehow your argument is magically not retarded about slippery slopes?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think it might be a reference to that stupid thing Clint Eastwood did.

Ramirez is the only person in America who cared about that poo poo enough to make two cartoons about it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Grimdude posted:

???

Remember Clint Eastwood yelling at an empty chair for a while and most republicans treated it as the most witty thing ever?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm glad Ramirez has finally been able to get back to doing what he loves :)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

World Famous W posted:

Bite me, southern accents are awesome.

oh god, I sound like a hick every wheres I go

i love watching justified for the accents

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

No one gave a poo poo about this during George W's reign, Fitz. Just a heads-up.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Smokers :mad:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Crabtree posted:

"Only my insults against my political opponents psychical features are just!"

VVV

Yeah its older, but drunky duck would still make the insult if it was some left woman de jure his booze addled 2 week delay focused on.

Minor correction: it's "de jour". You're not talking about someone who is legally a woman - although I'm sure Tinsley would throw that in for free.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my god is that the colloidal silver guy over on the left?

Also

T-man posted:

Tropico 6 lookin good

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Katt posted:

(assuming they have Jungles in Korea)

My understanding is that it looks a lot like Southern California and everyone has a pretty jolly time except the one out of ten episodes they didn’t.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SUPER GALAXY REPUB LAGANN!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ashsaber posted:

Remember Clint Eastwood yelling at an empty chair for a while and most republicans treated it as the most witty thing ever?

Watching Alzheimers claim a veteran actor is heartbreaking :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GarrisonToons/status/963213689892503552