Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

at least use google music as your point of reference since i can actually listen to things they don't have licenses for on it and they don't have a comically small library limit

10k tracks lmao spotify may as well just get rid of albums since you can only actually use it to shuffle playlists and use radio anyway

I don’t need >10k tracks on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Endless Mike posted:

at least use google music as your point of reference since i can actually listen to things they don't have licenses for on it and they don't have a comically small library limit

10k tracks lmao spotify may as well just get rid of albums since you can only actually use it to shuffle playlists and use radio anyway

I've been using Spotify for like 2 years and at no point have I missed Google music (or being a torrent weird).

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
HomePod sounds p good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

spotify is so bad why would i care how it does things

spotify is very good

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

spotify is very good

Six months ago I paid someone $2 to upgrade my Spotify account and it still works. Good enough for me.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

HomePod sounds p good

it really does

i kinda resent getting it for my bedroom speaker since i spend so little time in there

might promote it to the office and then.. gently caress. i might have to get another again for the bedroom.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
they should make the homepod water-resistant so i can replace my shower ue boom 2 with it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

akadajet posted:

did not know that

it’s esp. noticeable when you airplay an Apple lossless file directly from a Mac or iOS device. the song will start a bit quicker since the device doesn’t need to transcode it.

I’m hoping they’ll do the same for FLAC files

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

OldAlias posted:

I don’t need >10k tracks on my phone

also you can have more than 10k tracks on your phone or wherever, the limit is just the "library", which is a playlist where things you press the 'plus' on go, you can have another 10k tracks in another playlist (of which you can have largely any number afaik?)

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
does HomePod have a ethernet port

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Lysidas posted:

does HomePod have a ethernet port

it literally has zero holes of any kind

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Mad Wack posted:

it literally has zero holes of any kind

then where do you inject the cum?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

where do you put the power lead?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Cerv posted:

where do you put the power lead?

it is non-detachable

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is non-detachable
weird. guess you're out of luck if you want to use a longer or shorter lead given the position of your wall sockets
hope they don't start doing that for appletvs or anything

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

it is non-detachable

Its detachable if you pull REALLY hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxILSOfJmQ

Apple charges $30 to replace the cable btw lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
it should wind it up like a hoover

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cerv posted:

weird. guess you're out of luck if you want to use a longer or shorter lead given the position of your wall sockets

what is this android bullshit?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pissflaps posted:

it should wind it up like a hoover

because it sucks?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Boiled Water posted:

then where do you inject the cum?

apple has thought of this - they pre-filled it with cum for you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

also you can have more than 10k tracks on your phone or wherever, the limit is just the "library", which is a playlist where things you press the 'plus' on go, you can have another 10k tracks in another playlist (of which you can have largely any number afaik?)
hm yes let me add this album i am enjoying to some random playlist because they can't be arsed to lift an arbitrary limit. i definitely prefer having to click through multiple screens to do so rather than simply hit a single button. this is definitely a good way to do things and not at all stupid and the end result of a service that exists only for people to press "shuffle play" in

and god forbid something's NOT on spotify. want to listen to that? no problem, just have the desktop app point at a folder on your computer, add it to a playlist, then, while on the same wifi, hope it doesn't match with something else on the service, then download it to your phone like a pleb since they haven't figured out how to make it streamable like google, apple, and amazon all managed

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

hm yes let me add this album i am enjoying to some random playlist because they can't be arsed to lift an arbitrary limit. i definitely prefer having to click through multiple screens to do so rather than simply hit a single button. this is definitely a good way to do things and not at all stupid and the end result of a service that exists only for people to press "shuffle play" in

and god forbid something's NOT on spotify. want to listen to that? no problem, just have the desktop app point at a folder on your computer, add it to a playlist, then, while on the same wifi, hope it doesn't match with something else on the service, then download it to your phone like a pleb since they haven't figured out how to make it streamable like google, apple, and amazon all managed

how do you people manage to make spotify this complicated you just choose a song and play it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

how do you people manage to make spotify this complicated you just choose a song and play it
what if it's not on spotify, pissflaps? what then?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

download it. problem?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

what if it's not on spotify, pissflaps? what then?

what isn’t on Spotify

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Pissflaps posted:

what isn’t on Spotify

Tool, Garth Brooks, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Dr Dre and more

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Perplx posted:

Tool, Garth Brooks, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Dr Dre and more

not seeing a problem

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

jay-z is actually the killer for me and i’ve had to do all kinds of workarounds to get it on apple music and spotify

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Adele not releasing a new album this year significantly impacted overall CD sales

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Carter posted:

Adele not releasing a new album this year significantly impacted overall CD sales

if you've heard one Adele song you've heard them all

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

:thunk:

I guess olds still buy physical media

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Casual Encountess posted:

jay-z is actually the killer for me and i’ve had to do all kinds of workarounds to get it on apple music and spotify

it is easy on apple music. add to your itunes library, and then it is on all of your devices whenever you want it. there's no "workaround" necessary.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

is the 2015 mbp the last good one that doesn't suffer from tim's fear of useful things?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

:thunk:

I guess olds still buy physical media

I bought a video game sound track on vinyl

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i dont think i will have listened to 10k tracks if you count from the day i was born till the day of my death

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

I bought a video game sound track on vinyl

:shobon:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

is the 2015 mbp the last good one that doesn't suffer from tim's fear of useful things?

I wouldn't call it good, but functional? sure.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I wouldn't call it good, but functional? sure.

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I don’t even have a record player