Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the fire was on a low setting so it wasn’t so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh cool. I just saw the flames go up around the car and went “ooh, that’s not good”

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

bring back old gbs posted:

boar big

big boar boi

I wonder what sort of caliber rifle you’d need to get the job done with that thing. Think a 300 mag would do it?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

all the hog huntin' videos are youtube are nightvision cams of dudes shooting ar-15s with night vision on truck beds while the pigs have no fuckin idea what's going on so i think that's probably what it'd take.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
a garden hoe to the rump should do the trick

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Warbird posted:

I wonder what sort of caliber rifle you’d need to get the job done with that thing. Think a 300 mag would do it?

300 winmag will take moose, elk, and bear so yeah, I bet it would take these.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Warbird posted:

RPG

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

boar big

big boar boi

Live action Princess Mononoke remake lookin good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cry Havoc posted:

a garden hoe to the rump should do the trick

lolin so hard

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Warbird posted:

45-70 pls for that big bad boar boi

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Warbird posted:

Tannerite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p78LeMg4k6k

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

I'll go alert Bushman

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Just heard an announcer on the Olympics say, "And representing Chinese Taipei...she's the first athlete from Taiwan to compete!"

And then the other commentator made a drat good point of saying, "Chinese Taipei," every other time they mentioned her nationality.

(I keep thinking they're calling her, "Chinese Type-A.")

Even if Taiwan is rightful PRC clay, what’s wrong with “she's the first athlete from Taiwan to compete”?

If I say “she’s the first athlete from Missouri to compete”, that doesn’t imply that Missouri is an independent country.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Platystemon posted:

Even if Taiwan is rightful PRC clay, what’s wrong with “she's the first athlete from Taiwan to compete”?

If I say “she’s the first athlete from Missouri to compete”, that doesn’t imply that Missouri is an independent country.

They're so insecure that mentioning Taiwan without explicitly calling it a province of the PRC is often enough to get in trouble. Because nothing is more convincing of how cool you are than saying "I'm cool" every single time you open your mouth.

E: I am sure I've mentioned it but my company had a week long government incident because the material I was given to do a dumb substitute fill-in class at a middle school had a single brief mention of Taiwan that said Taiwan and not Taiwan province.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 13, 2018

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Platystemon posted:

I don't give a poo poo either way, personally. I just quoted what the announcer said.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Grand Fromage posted:

They're so insecure that mentioning Taiwan without explicitly calling it a province of the PRC is often enough to get in trouble. Because nothing is more convincing of how cool you are than saying "I'm cool" every single time you open your mouth.

E: I am sure I've mentioned it but my company had a week long government incident because the material I was given to do a dumb substitute fill-in class at a middle school had a single brief mention of Taiwan that said Taiwan and not Taiwan province.

It must be exhausting being that butt-hurt all the time

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Hillary 2020 posted:

It must be exhausting being that butt-hurt all the time

That’s why they need so much rhino horn to keep their energy up

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Goons. What do you do if you've been seeing an ethnically-Chinese woman for a little while and she likes you, but is super secretive about her job even though you can see she is super retardedly rich? What do you do if you stay the night at her house a few times and never bring your clothes, and shes tosses you a promotional clothing item from her job, and you Google the name of the company and find out she's a founding member of a billion-dollar company, owns a loving tower in a major city, and her name shows up listed in a few articles on big financial news sites (think Forbes,etc.)?

I'm not even making this up. She was saying "Wouldn't it be cool to just buy a village and get all the people there to work for you?" and I'm like "Oh, yeah, I think about that all the time..." She told me to stop by any time I am in the area and raid her fridge, because she has a chef come every night to prepare a 5-6 dish meal for her and she can't finish it. We had fun, but I regret Googling this because LMAO at my yearly budget being less than her monthly electric bill.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

CG wants to kick cats and dogs because... they're too sexy??
LMAO if you've never wanted to stomp on a baby because it was so adorable.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bajaj posted:

Goons. What do you do if you've been seeing an ethnically-Chinese woman for a little while and she likes you, but is super secretive about her job even though you can see she is super retardedly rich? What do you do if you stay the night at her house a few times and never bring your clothes, and shes tosses you a promotional clothing item from her job, and you Google the name of the company and find out she's a founding member of a billion-dollar company, owns a loving tower in a major city, and her name shows up listed in a few articles on big financial news sites (think Forbes,etc.)?

I'm not even making this up. She was saying "Wouldn't it be cool to just buy a village and get all the people there to work for you?" and I'm like "Oh, yeah, I think about that all the time..." She told me to stop by any time I am in the area and raid her fridge, because she has a chef come every night to prepare a 5-6 dish meal for her and she can't finish it. We had fun, but I regret Googling this because LMAO at my yearly budget being less than her monthly electric bill.

Bail then give me her number

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

simplefish posted:

:same: except me not simplefish

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Haier, if you sleep your way into CP or Central, you can buy a skate park. Think about it.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

simplefish posted:

give her everyone's number and she can pick the least-goony partner.

On the boar front, an acquaintance of mine used to run the "wild boar maintenance" program for the conservation dept.

Most of it was conducted from a helicopter with a .50 cal rifle.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Haier, if you sleep your way into CP or Central, you can buy a skate park. Think about it.
She offered me a job for when some project is finished next year. I told her if we're still friends by then sure. She asked why wouldn't we be friends and I just said "Uh, I travel a lot."
I will try not to screw it up, but let's see. I already got a bunch of free food to eat that tasted way better than most of the stuff I pay for outside. She also paid my boat fare to go home, so that was cool. That's like 12 baht! She almost didn't have any coins because she doesn't do her own shopping.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Why would this woman choose you, and how did you meet her

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

LimburgLimbo posted:

Why would this woman choose you, and how did you meet her

He's got the kavorka

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

He's got the kavorka

Just lol if this woman was trolling tantan for foreign boytoys

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
How rich and/or snobby is her family? Wealthy Chinese family drama is best observed from the sidelines and not as a participant. It'd be worse if she's considered the scion of the family and has heavy expectations about her conduct and life.

It'd be really ironic if you're the side man and she wants to buy you a village to live in the way rich Chinese businessmen buy apartments for their mistresses.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

CIGNX posted:

It'd be really ironic if you're the side man and she wants to buy you a village to live in the way rich Chinese businessmen buy apartments for their mistresses.

misspelled "awesome"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
loving do it, Haier. Marry into a rich Thai-Chinese family and become Khun Haier, Farang Headman of your own village.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Bajaj posted:

LMAO if you've never wanted to stomp on a baby because it was so adorable.

Well your best skill is plunging, so I say it's time to put it to good use. Plunge your way to the top.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Haier gonna shoot himself on the foot again, like when he jacked off right before a hot date and wound up limp-noodled and humiliated. For our reading pleasure.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

haier getting made into a boytoy for a mainland lady is the bevst thing that could ever have happened.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Im working on a theory haier is some kind of spy who basically is austin powers.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I got roped into going to a "fashion show", it was actually a spring festival thing, in boston last weekend and it opened with "5000 years of chinese history" and was pretty much 3 hours long of people speaking chinese with maybe 10 minutes of fashion show, 30-40 minutes of not standing there speaking into a microphone. The person who tricked me into going doesn't speak chinese and neither did their friends. We went to see their friend who was in the fashion show part. Overall, it was an awkward experience and it reminded me of you guys.

Bajaj posted:

She offered me a job for when some project is finished next year. I told her if we're still friends by then sure. She asked why wouldn't we be friends and I just said "Uh, I travel a lot."
I will try not to screw it up, but let's see. I already got a bunch of free food to eat that tasted way better than most of the stuff I pay for outside. She also paid my boat fare to go home, so that was cool. That's like 12 baht! She almost didn't have any coins because she doesn't do her own shopping.
Change is the worst, although 12 baht is kind of not change I guess.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 13, 2018

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

evil_bunnY posted:

haier getting made into a boytoy for a mainland lady is the bevst thing that could ever have happened.

Sadly I suspect that given he's recently posted about being in Bangkok and he said ethnically Chinese, what he meant was a Thai woman from a Chinese background.

This also means if that family touches politics, he's very likely on the wrong side.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I'm in Bangkok and I'm renting an airbnb from a Chinese woman. The day before I'm due to check in, I get a message telling me to ignore all the signs in the building saying no airbnb allowed and just to say that I'm a friend. There are huge signs everywhere that are like "NO AIRBNB, if you are staying here you are trespassing and will be arrested." It's a really aggro vibe that's kind of ruining my chill. Now I'm afraid to use the really awesome rooftop pool and fitness center because they both have signs up asking residents to report suspected Airbnb guests. On a scale of 1-10, how likely am I to be kicked out of this condo by the Thai Airbnb fun police?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

TsarZiedonis posted:

I'm in Bangkok and I'm renting an airbnb from a Chinese woman. The day before I'm due to check in, I get a message telling me to ignore all the signs in the building saying no airbnb allowed and just to say that I'm a friend. There are huge signs everywhere that are like "NO AIRBNB, if you are staying here you are trespassing and will be arrested." It's a really aggro vibe that's kind of ruining my chill. Now I'm afraid to use the really awesome rooftop pool and fitness center because they both have signs up asking residents to report suspected Airbnb guests. On a scale of 1-10, how likely am I to be kicked out of this condo by the Thai Airbnb fun police?

Act like you belong there and don't be an rear end in a top hat. Are you actually trespassing? If you are really worried about it, call abnb customer service. They will find you a new spot, and usually throw some of their money in. They do not like it when hosts try to get one over, like, at all.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do NOT screw things up between you and Chaoshan Girl over this monied harlot

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TsarZiedonis posted:

Report that poo poo to airbnb and they'll take care of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mameluke posted:

Do NOT screw things up between you and Chaoshan Girl over this monied harlot

CG's got money too, she's just not a billionaire.

• Locked thread