Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And Kohaku went in with the specific intent of killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was a really nice introduction. she saw tsukasa being tsukasa so kohaku immediately and correctly concluded that he's a dick that she should kill.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Tsukasa's whole "Might Makes Right" schtick is honestly making me wonder if the manga will also have the weird racism in Eyeshield 21.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I bet he's a huge fan of the muscles of the black man.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

amigolupus posted:

Tsukasa's whole "Might Makes Right" schtick is honestly making me wonder if the manga will also have the weird racism in Eyeshield 21.

i hope so it makes me laugh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senku, what use are your guns against the lightspeed run of the black man?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

amigolupus posted:

Tsukasa revives the one group of people who Senkuu's science cannot beat; the Harlem Globetrotters

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Chapter is out!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/46/page/1

drat good chapter. At first I was thinking, they're already attacking? Isn't that too fast? But not only does it make sense given that Tsukasa wouldn't hold back, but the way they drove them off was so perfect. This village has 'achieved guns' indeed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Tsukasa revives the one group of people who Senkuu's science cannot beat; the Harlem Globetrotters

He's got the science, but he just can't match that razzle-dazzle Globetrotter calculus.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Holy poo poo guys I found Gin from bleach
He really did gently caress off to a better manga

Also those rowdy guys dont look exactly young, do they

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 16, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
"I'll revive only the good people"

*Revives violent sociopaths*

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Violent sociopaths that don't care about technology, so good people.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also those rowdy guys dont look exactly young, do they

They're "exchange students" from America.

If it was good enough for AssClass...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

This is what gets me excited for the stone wars.
Dr Stone is a science manga first. Even though we'll get a lot of fights coming up. I expect a lot of them to be won by science.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Make mustard gas?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
senkuu has both chemistry and the history of siege warfare on his side. defending an island that is only accessible via a rope bridge is the most basic of basics.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

It's happening :negative:

I hoped maybe they'd build a boat and sail off and avoid the conflict.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can science cure a hole in the gut? Cause Kinrou is not looking too good right now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can science cure a hole in the gut? Cause Kinrou is not looking too good right now.

No, but this is anime, so he'll live

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

No, he should probably due of sepsis but I'm sure anime bandages and marginally effective anti-bacterial ointments made by senkuu will end up working

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Didn't they just make a drug that could treat it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Yes. It's called closing a wound and letting it heal.

With disinfectant and stitches.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Wouldn't it depend on if anything important got knicked? I'm under the impression that stomach stabbings are really dangerous even with modern medicine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Galvanik posted:

Wouldn't it depend on if anything important got knicked? I'm under the impression that stomach stabbings are really dangerous even with modern medicine.

that's true, but he'll probably be fine because this is a shounen manga. next time, he'll have glasses.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Galvanik posted:

Yeah, if any internal organs got even the slightest cut, then he's dead. Even if Senku knows everything about surgery and internal medicine, he's probably just as lovely at it as glassblowing. But he's not going to die because this is a manga about how Science rules.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea stomach injuries are no joke but the spear will have magically passed through without hurting anything important

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

Yeah, if any internal organs got even the slightest cut, then he's dead. Even if Senku knows everything about surgery and internal medicine, he's probably just as lovely at it as glassblowing. But he's not going to die because this is a manga about how Science rules.

That's what the villagers are there for. He teaches them and for some reason they are really fast on the uptake.
They'll probably do brain microsurgery in a year.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lurking Haro posted:

That's what the villagers are there for. He teaches them and for some reason they are really fast on the uptake.
They'll probably do brain microsurgery in a year.
To be fair he is their venerable ancestor of whom they might as well be revering like some science god.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

LostRook posted:

Violent sociopaths that don't care about technology, so good people.

It's too bad that Tsukasa's main idea of "Hey, maybe let's not revive lovely adults so things won't end up back the same" is actually a good point. If there was a bit of nuance, it could have been a compelling argument against Senku's plan of reviving everyone.

It's just, you know, pretty much anything else Tsukasa has said or done has been the absolute worst and undermined that point. God, Tsukasa really is the weakest part of the manga. I really hope they replace him with someone more compelling after Stone Wars.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The weakest link is Taiga.
Tsukasa as irrational and impulsive nature runs great against Senkuus slow and steadyness.

The guy didnt even skip a single beat after depetrification: he instantly went for the Zero Olds plan. Senkuu took months researching and planning until he got to the formula and his kingdom of science idea.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

amigolupus posted:

It's too bad that Tsukasa's main idea of "Hey, maybe let's not revive lovely adults so things won't end up back the same" is actually a good point. If there was a bit of nuance, it could have been a compelling argument against Senku's plan of reviving everyone.

Considering not curing people on the tenuous grounds that they're probably jerks for being older than 17 involves either leaving them in eternal imprisonment with only their own thoughts to keep them company or mercy-killing them to spare them from that fate, it's hard to make the point that it's a cool and moral alternative to not curing everyone.

Thinking of it as "reviving people" is kind of a trap when it's actually "curing people suffering from a disease". As Senku straight up pointed out when Tsukasa destroyed a petrified human for emphasis, that's literally just murder.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 17, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is everyone spelling Taiju's name wrong as a joke or has everyone really forgotten him

Not that I would blame them

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

a cartoon duck posted:

Considering not curing people on the tenuous grounds that they're probably jerks for being older than 17 involves either leaving them in eternal imprisonment with only their own thoughts to keep them company or mercy-killing them to spare them from that fate, it's hard to make the point that it's a cool and moral alternative to not curing everyone.

I got the impression that not everyone was conscious after being petrified(if they were I'd think most people would go insane). Didn't Senku figure out that being awake and burning calories was how he got de-petrified in the first place?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

I got the impression that not everyone was conscious after being petrified(if they were I'd think most people would go insane). Didn't Senku figure out that being awake and burning calories was how he got de-petrified in the first place?

he had a theory, but there's no way to test it. we don't know the natural de-petrification rate, but given the state of the world anyone else who got free like senku and taiju didn't survive long enough to find a cure.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is everyone spelling Taiju's name wrong as a joke or has everyone really forgotten him

Not that I would blame them

Its been like
6 months? Maybe more since he was last even mentioned.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it took me a bit to remember who taiju even was

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

it took me a bit to remember who taiju even was
An initial backup in case kids hated Dr Stone's science spiel.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

An initial backup in case kids hated Dr Stone's science spiel.

I'm really curious what role him and his crush will play now that we have Krone and Kohaku

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm really curious what role him and his crush will play now that we have Krone and Kohaku
Taiju and his GF are dumb compared to Senkuu but still probably more experienced/smarter on average than most of the villagers. Taiju's girl is apparently very skilled at handicraft, and Taiju despite his pacifistic nature is probably tougher than most of the village (and despite being a buffoon has a lot of basic education the villagers likely do not).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in the modern world, they likely didn't mean much but taiju and yuzuriha's skill sets are incredibly useful for primitive living.