Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Cat chat now:

I have had my cat now 10 years (oh jesus has it been that long?). raised since could fit in my hand. has always lived outside but last winter started letting her in the house she mostly just sleeps the whole time. but now she is getting more and more disobedient. have to keep all the bedroom doors shut or she will just camp out and shed on the girls beds, and the youngest has a reaction to it and itches and stuff. got her a cat bed and during Christmas she happily slept in it under the tree like perfection.

Now she just will not stay off furniture, or the kitchen counters, she leaves dirt and gross all over and I am constantly cleaning and bleaching. And if she gets tired of me getting her off of stuff or yelling she goes and sleeps in the litter box and that is just nasty. What do I do?

Springtime she will be back outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I know everyone has their own reasons for such things, but I am generally against cats being outdoor animals especially where we live as we have hawks, eagles, owls, coyotes, and all manner of predators around, including the deadly SUVicus mallcrawlicus in droves.

Well, our dumbass cat since moving has decided that he should be an indoor/outdoor animal, in spite of coyotes showing up in our front and back yards now on the regular. One such excursion also resulted in him rolling in what must have been a patch of goatheads and other burrs. Temporary regret has yet to translate into healthy respect of what I suspect would be a complete inability to escape a coyote. I give this fat rear end in a top hat 6 months if he keeps managing to sneak outside. Dave has been tasked with the solemn duty of yelling at the fat rear end in a top hat to go back inside if he's spotted outside.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

My cat turned 18 last summer, she is still a spry rear end in a top hat. I bought her a lottery ticket to celebrate and the bitch has still not scratched it off yet, unlike drat near everything else.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol jesus christ.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A cat can be kept indoors by the general principle of not letting the loving cat go outside. If the cat is used to going outside this may be a power struggle that can last for days, weeks, even years in some cases. It is far easier to deal with by not letting the cat go outside from the get-go, of course, but that's not useful advice to people who have already hosed up this thing from the start... or for when you're rescuing a shelter cat that someone else hosed this up with.

That said, yup, outdoor and indoor/outdoor cats are going to live shorter lives, and they're going to bring all manner of unpleasant stuff into your home, from fleas and ticks and gut worms, to dead or nearly-dead animals. If you are going to share your home with an outdoor animal, that is part of the deal and you will just have to cope.

e. sometimes you can put sticky tape sticky-side-up onto things you don't want the cat to be on. This does not look very neat and tidy, and you might wind up with a cat like one of mine who thinks licking the sticky side of tape is the best thing ever.

You can also get a squirt bottle and spray them when they're misbehaving, but the effectiveness of this tactic is highly limited because to some degree you're just teaching your cat that you, the human, are a capricious rear end in a top hat who sometimes sprays them with loving water, and so they need to get on the furniture when you're not looking, and also maybe poo poo on your pillow.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 13, 2018

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

The cat has never been intentionally allowed outside. Cat + 3 kids 6 and under = cat has opportunities in spite of the adults' best efforts. If a kid lets the cat out and he disappears one day, that may end up being a tough life lesson.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Autonomic Reflex - a Haiku
--------------------------------------------
Poisoned by my meal
Will vomit forever now
Zofran sweet solace

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

everdave posted:

Cat chat now:

I have had my cat now 10 years (oh jesus has it been that long?). raised since could fit in my hand. has always lived outside but last winter started letting her in the house she mostly just sleeps the whole time. but now she is getting more and more disobedient. have to keep all the bedroom doors shut or she will just camp out and shed on the girls beds, and the youngest has a reaction to it and itches and stuff. got her a cat bed and during Christmas she happily slept in it under the tree like perfection.

Now she just will not stay off furniture, or the kitchen counters, she leaves dirt and gross all over and I am constantly cleaning and bleaching. And if she gets tired of me getting her off of stuff or yelling she goes and sleeps in the litter box and that is just nasty. What do I do?

Springtime she will be back outside.

Buy a couple ScatMats for counters and furniture while you're not actively using them, spray something slightly scented on the cat litter so that she'll go in there to do the needful but not want to hang out.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Dannywilson posted:

spray something slightly scented on the cat litter

Would cat piss work?

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Would cat piss work?

No, but human urine will.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

Buy a couple ScatMats for counters and furniture while you're not actively using them, spray something slightly scented on the cat litter so that she'll go in there to do the needful but not want to hang out.

great! i'm not up on cat accessories this cat is very low maintenance. but i mean she lets the 3 year old squeeze and pull her and do whatever so can't be too mad

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

everdave posted:

great! i'm not up on cat accessories this cat is very low maintenance. but i mean she lets the 3 year old squeeze and pull her and do whatever so can't be too mad

Thought I was in the blessed pics thread for a sec

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay i think im gonna make it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Okay i think im gonna make it

so on your way to taco bell?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

so on your way to taco bell?

Look I only wanted a root beer

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
On the other hand maybe it wasnt Norovirus but this little memento I kept from Nebraska 1 for a souvenier that burst under its own pressure in the fridge lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

little memento

what's my dick got to do with anything?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

what's my dick got to do with anything?

it made me sick

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I overheard a vietnamese lady at goodwill say HOWEVER DEY WON' IT DATS HOW DEY GE' IT and laughed

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Dave is sending me bathroom poo poo poetry so it sounds like he's coming around to the living again!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

19 o'clock posted:

Dave is sending me bathroom poo poo poetry so it sounds like he's coming around to the living again!

Is "bathroom poo poo poetry" a literal description?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

“Dave” posted:

As i sit here broken hearted
Tryed to rhyme but my mouth sharted
Thought so hard my brain might burst
Busted rhymes now im fred durst

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I think I'm rocking the same bug Dave is, currently trapped on the porcelain. I don't know what it's called but I'm going with Spicy bowel exorcisms.

I long for the sweet release of death.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

On the other hand maybe it wasnt Norovirus but this little memento I kept from Nebraska 1 for a souvenier that burst under its own pressure in the fridge lmao

Well in all fairness it doesn't say "refrigerate after opening" nor does it have an expiration date and this means it lasts forever at room temperature!

So yeah, food poisoning. Good job!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Has science gone too far

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
JESUS. HRIST

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
...just saying, have you ever thought about a career as a queen?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Has science gone too far

My left arm just went numb and I can't breathe.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Has science gone too far

Now find one of those Korean photo booths and let us see what it does for you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It actually looks good though so uhh there is that aspect

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Midjack posted:

Now find one of those Korean photo booths and let us see what it does for you.

Uh what the gently caress

E: okay thats not terrifying

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 14, 2018

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Huge improvement over the last drag pic I got from Dave.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Terrible Robot posted:

I'll be in my bunk.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Terrible Robot posted:

I've seen straight dudes gently caress worse

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Terrible Robot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The radio says Halliburton is hiring...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally one day after recovering from Noro/botulism and I'm thinking a habanero steak burrito might have been unwise

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god it already hurts

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You just threw your stomach up against a wall and are now whippin' it with a cat-o-ninetails.

I feel no pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Terrible Robot posted:

* quietly throws deadbolt *

* attaches chain to door *

* pushes armoire in front of door *

* sits on bed with sharpened screwdriver *

• Locked thread