Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh God, I can't play adventure mode outside of seasons? My Hardcore guy can only play the campaign mode now.

Someone can boost you to maltheal to unlock non-season adventure mode.. but they have to have completed the campaign themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This is one of the reasons why I tell people to play the campaign exactly once when they first get the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Star Man posted:

This is one of the reasons why I tell people to play the campaign exactly once when they first get the game.

Yeah, I beat it on normal mode, but this was a Hardcore Seasonal guy and I've never touched the campaign in HC.

Bleh. Gonna be tough to find someone on Xbox one that has beaten Hardcore campaign!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Civ VI expansion couldn't have arrived at a better time.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Well, I never got an ancient Golden Flense for my crusader, or even a spare one from rare upgrades to reforge into an ancient. I decided to go burn some of my non-season mats to get one for posterity. Second rare upgrade is a Golden Flense. Third reforge of that is a loving primal.

Thanks, Diablo RNG!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh God, I can't play adventure mode outside of seasons? My Hardcore guy can only play the campaign mode now.

i think they make you run the storyline once

e, FB

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

boar guy posted:

i think they make you run the storyline once

e, FB

Twice, if you ever want to be Hardcore. Grr.

I figured a seasonal character would auto unlock adventure mode after the season ended, but no such luck.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That's insanely good lmao

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Incoherence posted:

Well, I never got an ancient Golden Flense for my crusader, or even a spare one from rare upgrades to reforge into an ancient. I decided to go burn some of my non-season mats to get one for posterity. Second rare upgrade is a Golden Flense. Third reforge of that is a loving primal.

Thanks, Diablo RNG!

I got a primal flense last season and was overjoyed as well until I actually tried playing a Roland's crusade and felt like I was slapping the monsters with a wet paper towel roll.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vakal posted:

I got a primal flense last season and was overjoyed as well until I actually tried playing a Roland's crusade and felt like I was slapping the monsters with a wet paper towel roll.

It probably got buffed the gently caress up this season like everything else. Instead of a wet paper towel roll it's like more of a sack of oranges.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Mustached Demon posted:

It probably got buffed the gently caress up this season like everything else. Instead of a wet paper towel roll it's like more of a sack of oranges.
It's basically running around bopping things on the head repeatedly like a kid with ADD until they fall over. Very survivable as long as you're continuously hitting things. Not the flashiest or most cerebral build, but it was a lot more effective for me than hammers or Condemn.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Incoherence posted:

It's basically running around bopping things on the head repeatedly like a kid with ADD until they fall over. Very survivable as long as you're continuously hitting things. Not the flashiest or most cerebral build, but it was a lot more effective for me than hammers or Condemn.

That's how I felt when I played one last time the wheel of fate gave me crusader to play. Very satisfying wooshing around smacking everything with a sack of whatever.

Maybe it'll bless me with crusader again in a couple weeks who knows.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The season reward this time is a murderous teddy bear, lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So what is the deal with running the entire campaign in under an hour? That does not seem remotely possible. Is there a cheese or something?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s totally doable if you take a geared speed farm build through normal. You basically just hold force move. It becomes exponentially easier with even two people.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So what is the deal with running the entire campaign in under an hour? That does not seem remotely possible. Is there a cheese or something?

Are you talking about the Conquest? You kill the bosses in adventure mode for that. It's not the campaign.

e: Oh I see the new one for next season. Yeah you just outgear it a bunch and use a bunch of movement cooldowns.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bamhand posted:

Are you talking about the Conquest? You kill the bosses in adventure mode for that. It's not the campaign.

It is a conquest, but not boss mode that you're thinking of. It is literally complete acts 1 through 5 of campaign in under 1 hour

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That bear is tits!

Also why do I read comments? I should know better at this point.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Couldn't get a drat Yang's Recurve for most of the season. After cleaning up my mail poo poo, run a single TX nephalem rift, get Yang's Recurve.

:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It is a conquest, but not boss mode that you're thinking of. It is literally complete acts 1 through 5 of campaign in under 1 hour

Each of the Acts has its own respective 1 hour achievement, but I haven't seen anything about all 5? I'm pretty sure there are too many timed sequences for that to even be feasible.

Jan fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 13, 2018

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
e; not post

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jan posted:

Couldn't get a drat Yang's Recurve for most of the season. After cleaning up my mail poo poo, run a single TX nephalem rift, get Yang's Recurve.

Each of the Acts has its own respective 1 hour achievement, but I haven't seen anything about all 5? I'm pretty sure there are too many timed sequences for that to even be feasible.

It's called "The Sprinter" or Hardcore's "Speed Racer". I guess it is possible!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jan posted:

Most dialog poo poo can be skipped by mashing space bar

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Space bar skips to the next dialog window but escape closes all dialog while giving credit (at least for adventure mode so assume for campaign). Also remember to turn cut scenes off.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heads up that Hardcore is actually insanely fun and everyone should give it a whirl in Season 13.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve been barking up that tree for years mang, it just makes you better at Diablo

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Looks like GR75, GR45, and Cursed Peat for me. Screw set dungeons and the campaign run. The bear looks neat.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

GR75, GR45, and Cursed Peat SET DUNGEONS YEEEAAHHHH

:getin:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

mewse posted:

Most dialog poo poo can be skipped by mashing space bar

Obviously -- I meant stuff like the battering ram in Act 5. No matter how fast you are at killing poo poo, it takes a fixed amount of time.

But I suppose I did clear Worlds Apart/Boss Mode in ~14 minutes using a Wizard, so maybe not that bad...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The bulk of your time during the normal campaign is trudging around Dhalgur Oasis//Tower of Pain, once you know where you’re going it’s super easy to skip most of the game

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The time investment is so long compared to some of the other options though, like GR45 with gear you'll already have, or spending 5 mins looking for a bounty with a group and 1 min getting the conquest. Then if you mess up, make a wrong turn, and end up at 61 minutes, you get to start all over again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The campaign loves to give you two things to do in an area so if you have a partner with a speedfarm build to complete objectives the story takes almost no time at all.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Mustached Demon posted:

That's how I felt when I played one last time the wheel of fate gave me crusader to play. Very satisfying wooshing around smacking everything with a sack of whatever.

Maybe it'll bless me with crusader again in a couple weeks who knows.

I played a captain America crusader last season, most fun I've had in Diablo for ages.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is the crusader set this time ?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's the thorns one. I was actually just coming here to ask if it's fun

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm sure it's at least powerful enough to let you run 60 Grifts, which will have you fully decked out in any build you want within a couple hours.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In practice Invoker plays similar to Impale DH where you cruise around on your mach-10 horsie skipping white mobs and looking for elites to explode.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

If you plan on trying out multiple builds this season, you may want to steer clear of the monk for your starter.

Getting a free Sunwuko set is basically like getting handed a stock pile of nuclear bombs while everyone else has to make due with black powder rifles.

It kind of sucks the fun out of other builds once you get used to it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Looks like Necro and DH will be the starter sets to watch, they’ll have the easiest time farming other gear.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I think I'm feeling sassy this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sunwuko is just insanely powerful and fun. Clap your hands to drop a giant explosive gong on any enemy you want!

The power is completely locked behind getting a Vengeful Wind, though, which took me ages and ages to get.