Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

I hope Ignis' dlc is just Noctis having blinded Ignis by tossing a chicken nugget at his eyes. Probably because Ignis suggested Noctis eat some better food after binging nothing but nuggets for the past two weeks.

Otherwise I'm not sure how Noctis is directly responsible for Ignis being blind. At least we are reaching some sort of conclusion soon, so yay?

Maybe Episode Ignis has a scene with them all in the diner and Noctis jokingly tosses a nugget in Ignis' mouth, permanently blinding him. So then it comes full circle in the Marlboro fight when Ignis realizes eating terrible food can kill you, as he suspected! At the end of the game, Ignis opens a restaurant.

darealkooky posted:

This makes a lot more sense when you realize that the characters are just faces and names for people to write homoerotic fanfiction about.

Oh okay, so it's Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have to say, I'm severely disappointed that nobody said "I've come up with a new recipah!" for Ignis's grenade scene.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bruceski posted:

I have to say, I'm severely disappointed that nobody said "I've come up with a new recipah!" for Ignis's grenade scene.

Didn't think of that, but drat, now I wish the game did that. Would have redeemed a whole lot of bullshit.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

Bocc Kob posted:

Why is the dumb plot suddenly important to the characters when the game spent the first thirty hours emphasizing having fun bro camp outs while your kingdom got taken over? It's like they're all being written as spoiled, petulant idiots, but it also doesn't seem self-aware enough to notice it's happening. :argh:

This story is absolutely supposed to be about having one last chance at fun and adventure before you need to grow up and accept your adult responsibilities. But the tone has shifted so fast and the characters are still such idiot adolescents the message is now coming off more like, remember to have fun while you're still young! Love your friends, discover your world together, trust that they'll always have your back! Because one day a whole lot of bad, unfair things will happen to you all at once, circumstance will drive a wedge between yourself and others, and you will at last understand that adulthood means never being able to feel so innocently happy ever again.

Good thing we still have chicken nuggets. :rolleyes:

darealkooky posted:

This makes a lot more sense when you realize that the characters are just faces and names for people to write homoerotic fanfiction about.

I'm going to quote this for making me laugh.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Mega Phoenix in the trash :confuoot:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Kaasen posted:

This story is absolutely supposed to be about having one last chance at fun and adventure before you need to grow up and accept your adult responsibilities. But the tone has shifted so fast and the characters are still such idiot adolescents the message is now coming off more like, remember to have fun while you're still young! Love your friends, discover your world together, trust that they'll always have your back! Because one day a whole lot of bad, unfair things will happen to you all at once, circumstance will drive a wedge between yourself and others, and you will at last understand that adulthood means never being able to feel so innocently happy ever again.

Which is why kingdad got murdered right in the beginning and nobody really seems to care.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

darealkooky posted:

It's incredibly hard to be both a king and the only bisexual in an open polyamorous gay relationship

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If Noctis had come up with the plan when they were plotting the goku fight, maybe he could be held responsible. But he just went with what he was told to do because he's a passive piece of poo poo with no control over this story.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bocc Kob posted:

Maybe Episode Ignis has a scene with them all in the diner and Noctis jokingly tosses a nugget in Ignis' mouth, permanently blinding him.

Ignis comes up with a new recipe, only turns out it's methanol.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The dessert recipe book he copied it from said menthol, but he can't read so good now.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

goatface posted:

But he just went with what he was told to do because he's a passive piece of poo poo with no control over this story.

Sounds like another Final Fantasy game I played...

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Prompto has photography skill level 9 and it really shows.

I'm glad you guys got something to replace Pompito's sphincter.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I stopped playing after beating the malboro, so everything from here on out is new to me

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I kinda wanna know exactly how they concluded that what this supposedly deep and emotional part of the story where the group is torn apart by tragic events really needed was a super annoying slog through a shitbog.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Tenebrais posted:

I get the feeling there must be a deleted scene where Noctis gets Ignis injured by screwing up somehow.

I read this as "Noctis gets Ignis injured by screwing someone." This certainly paints quite a different picture, and I'm sure many people would argue a better one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, yeah.

darealkooky posted:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I’m sure you’ll be glad to hear the mobile version includes popular features, like photorealistic cooking

Cars you can almost sorta control

Even more blatant ads

And Kenny Crow*

* You cannot sit next to the crow, nor is he drinking. What’s even the point?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those character models looks a lot like their 2d sprite game updates.

I guess the off road car option isn't available.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Prairie style?

Those are testicles, aren't they.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Zenostein posted:

Even more blatant ads

I love how even the $30+ premium game still shoves ads for other mobile games down your throat. MAY THE CASH GRAB NEVER CEASE

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

topiKal posted:

I love how even the $30+ premium game still shoves ads for other mobile games down your throat. MAY THE CASH GRAB NEVER CEASE

The best part about its pricing is that buying chapters 2–10 costs the same as buying chapters 4–10. I don't even know why that's a bundle…

goatface posted:

Those character models looks a lot like their 2d sprite game updates.

I guess the off road car option isn't available.

Those models were selected because they tested best with teens and 20-somethings, apparently. This past month, there's been a shocking (read: more than one) number of articles about this on the ios App Store. You could even preorder it, which makes absolutely no goddamn sense to me, but whatever. I'd assume that there's no sweet monster truck, though. That would probably be asking too much. Plus, unless you have to unlock it, I haven't found a way to jump in the 10 minutes I played…

Picnic Princess posted:

Prairie style?

Those are testicles, aren't they.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2gly0HUKas

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zenostein posted:

I’m sure you’ll be glad to hear the mobile version includes popular features, like photorealistic cooking

What's up with Ignis' eyes in this model? Perhaps it's only naturally that he go blind.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's like he jacked into the loving Code Lyoko.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It doesn't really make sense that Gladio is getting on Noct's rear end for not being on the ball, but is fine with Ignis actively slowing them down and endangering all of them. That conversation at the end is something that should have happened as soon as it was clear Ignis would have to be fighting with them. I feel like the game had what could have been a decent conflict and then hosed it up because of the structure of the game.

Also if you tell Ignis he can't come then he just comes anyway. Shame on you two for thinking your choice mattered.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If I was Gladio, I'd be pretty pissed that a magic ring whose safety was so important to the kingdom it had to be concealed within a dream and delivered by a time travelling dog is now in the hands of a guy who keeps it in his pocket.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Bethamphetamine posted:

If I was Gladio, I'd be pretty pissed that a magic ring whose safety was so important to the kingdom it had to be concealed within a dream and delivered by a time travelling dog is now in the hands of a guy who keeps it in his pocket.

Is...is that what happened?

Jesus Christ I'm lost.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
figure i should post this here

https://twitter.com/RevolverUnit/status/962977588799877120

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:eyepop:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Sydin posted:

Is...is that what happened?

Jesus Christ I'm lost.

It was open to interpretation. After Leviathan, there was a cutscene where Noctis and Lunafreya are all floaty and one of those purple flowers turns into the ring as it floats toward Noctis. It was in episode 49.

Magic time travel dog delivery is not left open to interpretation, however. That poo poo is Real.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How do you let that happen? What sort of poo poo QA testers have they got on staff?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

https://twitter.com/RevolverUnit/status/962977725739708416

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pretty bold decision to turn Prompto into a Krokodil junkie.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Since you're heading into the empire, I'll be helpful and give you a refresher on the key players. Don't worry, there are no spoilers here. This is from a cutscene in chapter 3. Remember how important it was to be introduced to some of these characters in chapter 3?

The Emperor

The Entourage

From left to right: dead, dead?, who the gently caress are you, Aranaea

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Love how those soldiers are just all snap to grid, copied and pasted

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
They don't even have shadows, it's pretty glaring when not in motion.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Momomo posted:

It doesn't really make sense that Gladio is getting on Noct's rear end for not being on the ball, but is fine with Ignis actively slowing them down and endangering all of them. That conversation at the end is something that should have happened as soon as it was clear Ignis would have to be fighting with them. I feel like the game had what could have been a decent conflict and then hosed it up because of the structure of the game.

Also if you tell Ignis he can't come then he just comes anyway. Shame on you two for thinking your choice mattered.

The underhanded way that SE tries to tug the player's heartstrings like that and killing off the magicwaifugirl because the game is so poorly written actually makes me somewhat angry.

And as someone who seen the entire game, strap yourselves up because we are in for a rough ride as the game only goes downhill after the boat trip.

Palladium fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 13, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bethamphetamine posted:

Since you're heading into the empire, I'll be helpful and give you a refresher on the key players. Don't worry, there are no spoilers here. This is from a cutscene in chapter 3. Remember how important it was to be introduced to some of these characters in chapter 3?

The Emperor

The Entourage

From left to right: dead, dead?, who the gently caress are you, Aranaea

I think the first guy is maybe not dead. But I also don't think we ever seen him again.

I know we don't see Who the gently caress are you/Verstael again in the main game despite supplementary material stating. He is Prompto's dad. Which is later only elaborated on in DLC released much later.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the first guy is maybe not dead. But I also don't think we ever seen him again.

Is there anybody conclusively dead in this game other than Jared and Lunafreya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Bethamphetamine posted:

Is there anybody conclusively dead in this game other than Jared and Lunafreya?

Noctis's dad is very dead

• Locked thread