Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Interesting chapter.

Seems either Cammy was overconfident (doubtful) or that she has made her nen so that being captured trigger a second ability. She is essentially immortal right now and Benjamin can at most lock her up, and we know that her basic nen should be powerful as gently caress considering how many times she must have died, but she is still now using it to escape.

This would make sense to me that like how she can't attack first someone with nen so that she has to 'counter' them, she can't use nen to escape so that she has to counter them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
nah she just didnt know benjamin knew her hatsu with his subordinate stealing hatsu

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So for anyone interested, the Viz translation of Benjamin's speech has him saying "By my hands" instead of "by this hand" so it's possible that he can store stars on both of them. Assuming that a star must be located at the base of a finger and that his pinky was covering a hidden star he's got a maximum now of 8 abilities.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Cammy's hatsu isn't invincible, it's extremely high risk and high reward.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's a character in MHA who can control people and the trigger for it is if he asks them something and they respond, but it can be broken by a shove from someone else. It's a pretty insanely good power but you're kind of hosed as soon as people know how it works, that's what Cammy's power is like. I don't think she has another trick up her sleeve for Benjamin. I think whichever poster said her power rules as long as people do as she wants (which is her defining characteristic) was right on the money.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

So for anyone interested, the Viz translation of Benjamin's speech has him saying "By my hands" instead of "by this hand" so it's possible that he can store stars on both of them. Assuming that a star must be located at the base of a finger and that his pinky was covering a hidden star he's got a maximum now of 8 abilities.

I'd guess the original line is "kono te de", which can mean both one or both hands. Or even all his men's hands with the right context.

It's amusing when people start to argue based on a translation that has to improvise because Japanese is so vague at times. The same goes for genders.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

drjuggalo posted:

nah she just didnt know benjamin knew her hatsu with his subordinate stealing hatsu

She doesn't need to know he knew her hatsu unless her hatsu has a 'kill everyone in the room' effect, not just kill her killer. Hell, it would be obvious to assume there are cameras everywhere and her killing the other guy was seen.

It's possible she is just that stupid, but there is no reason to think so beside "she acts like a bitch".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

There's a character in MHA who can control people and the trigger for it is if he asks them something and they respond, but it can be broken by a shove from someone else. It's a pretty insanely good power but you're kind of hosed as soon as people know how it works, that's what Cammy's power is like. I don't think she has another trick up her sleeve for Benjamin. I think whichever poster said her power rules as long as people do as she wants (which is her defining characteristic) was right on the money.

And yet the main protagonist still falls for it even after he knows how it works :laugh:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

And yet the main protagonist still falls for it even after he knows how it works :laugh:

Twice, even.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

This page I think

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 15, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wtf

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I honestly can't tell if he's joking or not here, but it would be the funniest poo poo if that happened in the middle of a fight. Just fifteen panels of Hisoka surrounded by whitespace, thinking really hard.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The fox Dark Tournament announcer in Yu Yu Hakusho is my new waifu.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Spoilers are out: https://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoiler/hunter-x-hunter-374-full-translation

The text density is beyond Bakuman levels at this point

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

TurkeyFried posted:

Spoilers are out: https://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoiler/hunter-x-hunter-374-full-translation

The text density is beyond Bakuman levels at this point

That pic at the end... somehow that doesn't look like sibling love.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

That pic at the end... somehow that doesn't look like sibling love.

Eh. Togashi likes being transgressive, but for now I don't have trouble accepting that Kacho and Fugetsu just really care about each other in a sisterly way. They are twins, after all.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

Eh. Togashi likes being transgressive, but for now I don't have trouble accepting that Kacho and Fugetsu just really care about each other in a sisterly way. They are twins, after all.

I know, I also don't think it will go that way. But someone who wouldn't know the context and just would see the image, could have the wrong idea.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Turin Turambar posted:

I know, I also don't think it will go that way. But someone who wouldn't know the context and just would see the image, could have the wrong idea.

New chapter out
https://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/374/4898/1

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Good god this one guard is an rear end in a top hat.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy moly no wonder this one took awhile to make

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Two new nen beasts abilities!

Fuu
Conjurer/emission transport ability. Who knows the range, or if it can also create special places like pocket dimensions.

Sale Sale
Manipulator. People who breathes the smoke are slowly affected. It's more suggestion level of hypnosis, than full control, but in exchange who knows if there is a limit to the number of people affected. The interesting thing here is that is transmitted with a virus, so given enough time, it should 'infect' the entire boat!

Also Rihan's hatsu is cool, an ability that grows in power the more accurate your guesses and analysis is of an enemy power. Weak point: you actively has to make guesses of something complex, if the enemy has a simple reinforcement attacks, you can't guess poo poo and it will be super weak against them.

Togashi also teases the third prince nen beast ability. I think it will be another manipulation type thing, based on buying people with money. I think it coincides with his personality, Benjamin mentioned something about him being greedy or decadent, and he controls one of the Mafia families.

I'm wondering if Fuu is still in Kacho's bed and it's going to hear Melody's nen explanation. Although this being Melody, she should hear easily two heartbeats.

It seems for the next chapters we are going to have 2-3 new nen ablities/beasts revealed (the previous chapter was the owl soldier, Benjamin and Cammy), covering all the sides, then the real fight will start.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Good god this one guard is an rear end in a top hat.

I thought so too, but then I remembered that the guard who died was also a Royal Guard for Sevinche. So there's a bit of justification in his hostility and distrust in nen.

Still a major idiot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Turin Turambar posted:

Togashi also teases the third prince nen beast ability. I think it will be another manipulation type thing, based on buying people with money. I think it coincides with his personality, Benjamin mentioned something about him being greedy or decadent, and he controls one of the Mafia families.

I think it was Tsubeppa.

Another reference to the seven sins.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I still adore that last panel. It's just so wonderfully ugly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Fuu
Conjurer/emission transport ability. Who knows the range, or if it can also create special places like pocket dimensions.

I don't think it was clear if that was her nen beast or just some other nen ability. Or maybe even someone else's beast.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Clarste posted:

I don't think it was clear if that was her nen beast or just some other nen ability. Or maybe even someone else's beast.

people spontaneously developing fully functional nen is insanely rare. it could just as easily be kacho's nen beast, though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How do you gently caress up a word this badly? I get that this series gets unnecessarily wordy at times but that's really bad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what happened to your eeeeeeeyes

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

people spontaneously developing fully functional nen is insanely rare. it could just as easily be kacho's nen beast, though.

It's rare, but not impossible. And the Kakin royal family seems to have good nen genes, if nothing else. Which isn't too surprising if this ritual has been repeated for generations. It does seem unlikely that she spontaneously generated an ability, but I also think it's a little odd for a nen beast to do ANYTHING that doesn't appear to be related to its prince's safety.

On a completely different note, I kind of agree with Mr. Paranoid that nothing Kurapika said would make him seem any less suspicious to someone who already doubted him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

frajaq posted:

I assume she is becoming cuter in appearance now that we know she is faking being a horrible person.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Clarste posted:

It's rare, but not impossible. And the Kakin royal family seems to have good nen genes, if nothing else. Which isn't too surprising if this ritual has been repeated for generations. It does seem unlikely that she spontaneously generated an ability, but I also think it's a little odd for a nen beast to do ANYTHING that doesn't appear to be related to its prince's safety.

On a completely different note, I kind of agree with Mr. Paranoid that nothing Kurapika said would make him seem any less suspicious to someone who already doubted him.

Given that the Beasts seems to respond to their owner's desires, a portal to at least go between the twins seems rather appropriate if they value that more than the elimination of the other Princes. Similarly, it could act as an escape route (more typical for these lower ranked Princes) but more details on its limits would need to be known as to how effective it is.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

It's rare, but not impossible. And the Kakin royal family seems to have good nen genes, if nothing else.

I really like the idea of the family being good at nen because of the succession wars. Hopefully we'll see someone other than Tserriednich start learning nen in the boat, and they take to it as easily as he did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Translators must get bored doing HxH. There's basically no text.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

frajaq posted:

Eh, she's gotten about as much panel time as is in that picture and I know artists tend to "settle" on character designs as they put them into the story. Remember how wildly different some members of the Phantom Troupe looked when they were first introduced?

Hate-Senpai posted:

I thought so too, but then I remembered that the guard who died was also a Royal Guard for Sevinche. So there's a bit of justification in his hostility and distrust in nen.

Still a major idiot.
Shoot, you're right. Doesn't explain why he wouldn't believe in Nen when his own man was drained of blood. But I get some of his distrust more now beyond him just being obstinate.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eh, she's gotten about as much panel time as is in that picture and I know artists tend to "settle" on character designs as they put them into the story. Remember how wildly different some members of the Phantom Troupe looked when they were first introduced?

Shoot, you're right. Doesn't explain why he wouldn't believe in Nen when his own man was drained of blood. But I get some of his distrust more now beyond him just being obstinate.

Well that man and Wergei are implied to not get along. As our dead friend was happy that he was picked instead of Wergei.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Maybe she likes to change the appearance of her eyes using different contact lenses and occasionally false eyelashes?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell, Pitou's and Palm's designs changed constantly. Even accounting for Palm tidying herself up or becoming a Chimera Ant.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder how much of these design changes are influences from his wife?

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

Togashi's many things, but a person who cares about design consistency sure ain't one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first Chimera Palm looks Jojo-esque.