Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

There's already an off-topic discussion about this in another thread you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Whatta you mean Jedit & I can't go back to the quotes thread for our anniversary?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Slime posted:

Why's he taking pictures of desert landscapes?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Usually when I don't get a post I just pretend I do and hope someone else asks, but I'm really not connecting any dots here...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Friend posted:

Usually when I don't get a post I just pretend I do and hope someone else asks, but I'm really not connecting any dots here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlq9pFs-Fts

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

shut up blegum posted:

onion soup farts

I'm so grateful you posted this because I did this exact thing as a teenager- not in church, but at home- and the power and rankness of my farts still resonate in my head after almost 19 years.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This stereotype doesn’t work any more because the modern goon has a really weird embarrassing sex life that they can’t stop oversharing about online.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This stereotype doesn’t work any more because the modern goon has a really weird embarrassing sex life that they can’t stop oversharing about online.

The modern goon exists in a strange, schrodinger’s cat-sequence scenario where the will both never, ever get laid, while also having lots of strange, abhorrent sex that they can never stop talking about.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

The modern goon exists in a strange, schrodinger’s cat-sequence scenario where the will both never, ever get laid, while also having lots of strange, abhorrent sex that they can never stop talking about.

Or cut out the middleman and start doing extremely irresponsible things to their genitals with various devices.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

Or cut out the middleman and start doing extremely irresponsible things to their genitals with various devices.

Sounds good.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I sense an austhread connoisseur.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

NLJP posted:

That guy is the most cheerful wang-walloper I've ever seen.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

There is a fairly loving in depth article about dril on wikipedia.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Re: Frasier

Bust Rodd posted:

Someday I’ll finish the show, but I’d honestly rather rewatch 1-8 than finish 9-10-11

Laterite posted:

David Angell probably wishes he skipped 9-11 too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sir Lemming posted:

Re: Frasier

jesus h. christ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NLJP posted:

TCC has its moments too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I really want to get this.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Maybe this isn't the thread for it but does anyone remember who the two goons were who used a delisted but still open forum to create their own private chat zone?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Krankenstyle posted:

swallowed a wedding ring for an ill-conceived stunt proposal

Good to hear the LA Beast is doing better

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Biplane posted:

There is a fairly loving in depth article about dril on wikipedia.

The best part of that article is the References section, the like of which we shall not soon see again.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jedit posted:

Sounds good.

bravo :golfclap:

Subjunctive posted:

see the following post itt

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Subjunctive posted:

Scroll a few posts up until you get to Space Pig answering this very question. Or click here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=481135457#post481135457

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

The best part of that article is the References section, the like of which we shall not soon see again.

The best part was this tweet which I hadnt seen before
https://twitter.com/dril/status/205052027259195393

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CzarChasm posted:

Scroll a few posts up until you get to Space Pig answering this very question. Or click here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=481135457#post481135457

Ah! Thanks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Maybe this isn't the thread for it but does anyone remember who the two goons were who used a delisted but still open forum to create their own private chat zone?

Yes but I don't want to.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Adorable Star and Anime Monstrosity. Adorable star used to be kheldraghar and anime monstrosity was a different name too. She also got permaed a couple year ago.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The very first "Oh my god" post when someone discovered it before the hordes showed up is still my favorite part.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
What was the delisted forum?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

What was the delisted forum?

it was a subforum for some convention thing that had happened like 5 years earlier

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Did anything get goldmined or saved or anything? I've never heard of this and it sounds hilarious :kheldragar:

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
Somebody posted an archives link to it upthread iirc but by that point it had been moved out of that forum to fyad or wherever

I might be misremembering that

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't know about the specific gravities of liquids.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know it's the internet and we're all anonymous strangers, you don't know my life story. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and let you talk to me like I don't know about drinking pee.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Also from that thread:

Wa11y posted:

Seeing it written out, I now question whether the intent was the Chinese person urinated in your Coca-cola, which I always thought was what happened up to now, or if they just stirred your soda with their penis.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Have you read the book?

Wafflecopper posted:

No. Should I?

e: Actually I'm not sure you're the person I should be taking lit recommendations from

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Prav posted:

i'd trust the mohelin guide to tell me where i can get fine kosher dining

e: i looked up exactly what a mohel does and maybe not. lmbo.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

has any1 tried sweeping manically in front of ICE agents to steer them off the trail of good people towards TRUMPers?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Mods please namechange to Maniacal Sweeper tia.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
this is one of those ones that's less about the quote itself and more about the thread it came from:

Zipperelli. posted:

gently caress, you're dense as poo poo.

I guess you think that the swastika is a Buddhist symbol too, huh?

Imagery and meanings of things change, my dude. Face facts that the iron cross is considered racist/nazi imagery. If you showed an iron cross to someone who knows even a little about history, they'll equate it with Nazi Germany, because that's where it's use was popularized. Swastika or not in the center - doesn't matter - the average person will see Nazi imagery.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have never heard the iron cross referred to as Nazi imagery. You see it in Germany a lot even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have never heard the iron cross referred to as Nazi imagery. You see it in Germany a lot even.

Similarly, the Buddhist swastika is very much still in active use as a religious symbol.