Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
bought mcdonalds for a panhandler on my drive home. the total was $6.66. is this a sign from satan that my shoes are in the mail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
im the bee cave

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

bought mcdonalds for a panhandler on my drive home. the total was $6.66. is this a sign from satan that my shoes are in the mail?

it's a sign you're a decent dude

e: please blank your store id/address in the future

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.publicsource.org/hollyw...bers-concerned/

loving depressing.

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

im the bee cave

Texas is so loving stupid.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ok, which one of you motherfuckers already did the survey?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

LOL

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Texas is so loving stupid.

its great. it is a town named after an incident where a guy wandered into a cave full of bees, now a suburb of austin

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

i'm the order time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

how many incels can dance on the head of a pin?

TLDR:
You should go dance
body:
It is adviced in Pickup material, it is suggested by this community, suprisingly this is the only single advice from women , which you should listen to.
You should take dancing class(es).
But let me be as clear as possible.

Dancing lessons are not primary place where to pickup women.

It is a place, where you train, where you excercise.
If you are already pulling girls , this will be a bazooka shooting range full of turkeys. Dont read further.

If you are bottom 80%, trying to hit on girls there, would do more harm than good.

I started taking Salsa lessons a year ago, those are my Tips&Tricks

Leave your ego outside of the building. Right now you suck and you are there to get better.
Even if girls usually are very friendly on dancefloor, dont start asking for numbers or dates. Its tempting, 'cos these are the rare times where girls are not so bitchy. Use the interaction with them, enjoy the talk, but dont push. Instead of date, ask them for dance after class. Most of dance courses have somekind of freestyle session after classes for everyone. This is the exception.
Accept that not every girl , you will dance with, will like you. For whatever reason.
Accept that lot of women there are single mothers.
Accept that some of girls go for lessons just to get her Ego inflated.
If you dont have friends who can come with you, go alone. Its way easier than go clubbing alone. If girls asks you why you came alone (no pun intended) , just say that you lost a bet.
Clean your shoes, take clean (t)shirt,get a shower and take TicTacs. This go for girls too. I was disgusted sometimes even from the HB9s.
Smile and calibrate. Yes, now you have opportunity to try multiple "approaches" and train openers + smalltalk. Most of women wont blow you out, say most lame "Hi, how its goin for you?" and after partner rotation "Thank you". You dont have to say anything in between , its acceptable, because you are focused on your steps and leading. Instructors often encourage women to be patient with us.
Be nice to UG4>.
Here you can learn how to lead. Its way easier , cos you are encouraged to do that and women dont see it as Patriarchy oppression
Women have it way easier from the beginning. They are able to dance with advanced dancers with ease, even after couple of lessons. Talk to pros, ask them to teach you some easy spin, show them your interest and they will invite you to their inner circle.
Dont amog instructors/advanced dancers. Even if they are creepy weirdos. I know a guy who is grade A dancer, but minute he opens mouth , you want to insta punch him. Even then, hold your horses, they know each other well. Most of them are friendly people who wants to help. Keep it that way.

Dont say sorry so much. If you gently caress some steps up, say it once. No need for more.

Reward good behaviour. If she can feel the rhytm, dance good, done nice spin, say it, reward her.

Punish but not much. Just little hints. It must be as you wants to help her. Smile , be playfuly punishing. This need a lot of calibration.

Pro tip = train eye contact. Dont have to be LAZOR FOCUS till her head caught on fire. This is after a year still hard for me, but I am getting better.

Thanks to bachata and close hold position with one girl I got pretty tight in pants area. Dont freak out, smile and playfuly "oops" . Girl was loving laser eyeing me , kinoing my back musles and arms + her firm tits and tight clothes....geeez.... ok this one I should go for number at least :)

After successful beginner course, take advanced AND beginner again. Yes, do it again. Ussually they are in one day after each other.

Learn basics. Really you need to know those basic steps even in the middle of the night with gun at your forehead. Those are the steps you will be doing in between any creations.

After basics , you really need to know only couple of figures. Most of them are woman spins, your spins, La Linea (basicly you will change her and your position) with modifications (even more spins) and arm positioning. Those figures are enough for one song and ussualy you already know 75% of them after couple of lessons. Try them on the after class dance.

Try different dance types. There is Bachata, Kizomba,Zouk ... each of them have little different basic steps, preffered figures and for me different music. Salsa music is really boring for listening, I didnt found any good mixes, but right now I found Bachata to be good.

Dont be afraid to go on beginner course again (I mean 3rd+ time). Lot of times there are just not enough guys. Seen courses with 3:1 women:men ratio. In my city you can take the beginner course for free, because you are helping the lessons going and the girls keeps on coming (=paying for lessons)

Beginner goofiness kills attraction, that is the number one reason why you will not be able score.That is the reason why I said , stop try to hit on them. Observe more skilled dancers. They will pull the girls from your skill level. Every salsa-LTR-couple is ussualy skilled guy and level or more below woman. Never other way around.

^ Women are not attracted to same or lower dance skill level. Yes, you can pull girl if she is level under you. If you are relatively better than her, than you can get her. Vice versa nope, too much to loose(eq making GBS threads where you need to eat). You dont want to destroy place for training.

Dont stop dancing. This is like lifting. Stay in cycle. There are only two ways. Getting better or getting worse.

I dont recommend alcohol. I ve seen some guys that it helps them with rhytm, they loosen up , one beer little/wine dont hurt, but its mostly waste of money cos it adds up pretty quickly. Forget about shots.

Going on low level lessons also helps with preselection. Most of time, the girls from previous courses are waiting for beginner lesson to finish and they are watching your interactions with other noobie dancers. Its a triple win. You are interacting with other women and they are ussualy having a great time with you thanks to your slightly higher skill. You already know the dance basics , so it looks much more smoother,even it is loving mambo. They are almost forced to watch, because there is not much going on.

Go on dance parties and !there! approach other girls. Use your friends from lessons for warm up dance and preselection. Rinse and repeat.

Edit++

Ask questions , but dont overcomplicate things. I have seen guys asking for exact step length or how many degrees he should turn.If it helps you, write it down after class. Here train your muscle memory. Thinking about next figure will kick you out of rhytm.
I will welcome tips and tricks from you guys too. Always looking for new fresh look on problem.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

TLDR:
You should go dance
body:
It is adviced in Pickup material, it is suggested by this community, suprisingly this is the only single advice from women , which you should listen to.

If you are already pulling girls , this will be a bazooka shooting range full of turkeys. Dont read further.

If you are bottom 80%, trying to hit on girls there, would do more harm than good.

Leave your ego outside of the building. Right now you suck and you are there to get better.
Even if girls usually are very friendly on dancefloor, dont start asking for numbers or dates. Its tempting, 'cos these are the rare times where girls are not so bitchy. Use the interaction with them, enjoy the talk, but dont push. Instead of date, ask them for dance after class. Most of dance courses have somekind of freestyle session after classes for everyone. This is the exception.
Accept that not every girl , you will dance with, will like you. For whatever reason.
If you dont have friends who can come with you, go alone. Its way easier than go clubbing alone. If girls asks you why you came alone (no pun intended) , just say that you lost a bet.
Clean your shoes, take clean (t)shirt,get a shower and take TicTacs. This go for girls too. I was disgusted sometimes even from the HB9s.
Smile and calibrate. Yes, now you have opportunity to try multiple "approaches" and train openers + smalltalk. Most of women wont blow you out, say most lame "Hi, how its goin for you?" and after partner rotation "Thank you". You dont have to say anything in between , its acceptable, because you are focused on your steps and leading. Instructors often encourage women to be patient with us.
Be nice to UG4>.
Here you can learn how to lead. Its way easier , cos you are encouraged to do that and women dont see it as Patriarchy oppression
Women have it way easier from the beginning. They are able to dance with advanced dancers with ease, even after couple of lessons. Talk to pros, ask them to teach you some easy spin, show them your interest and they will invite you to their inner circle.
Dont amog instructors/advanced dancers. Even if they are creepy weirdos. I know a guy who is grade A dancer, but minute he opens mouth , you want to insta punch him. Even then, hold your horses, they know each other well. Most of them are friendly people who wants to help. Keep it that way.

Dont say sorry so much. If you gently caress some steps up, say it once. No need for more.

Reward good behaviour. If she can feel the rhytm, dance good, done nice spin, say it, reward her.

Punish but not much. Just little hints. It must be as you wants to help her. Smile , be playfuly punishing. This need a lot of calibration.

Pro tip = train eye contact. Dont have to be LAZOR FOCUS till her head caught on fire. This is after a year still hard for me, but I am getting better.

Thanks to bachata and close hold position with one girl I got pretty tight in pants area. Dont freak out, smile and playfuly "oops" . Girl was loving laser eyeing me , kinoing my back musles and arms + her firm tits and tight clothes....geeez.... ok this one I should go for number at least :)

After successful beginner course, take advanced AND beginner again. Yes, do it again. Ussually they are in one day after each other.

Learn basics. Really you need to know those basic steps even in the middle of the night with gun at your forehead. Those are the steps you will be doing in between any creations.

After basics , you really need to know only couple of figures. Most of them are woman spins, your spins, La Linea (basicly you will change her and your position) with modifications (even more spins) and arm positioning. Those figures are enough for one song and ussualy you already know 75% of them after couple of lessons. Try them on the after class dance.

Try different dance types. There is Bachata, Kizomba,Zouk ... each of them have little different basic steps, preffered figures and for me different music. Salsa music is really boring for listening, I didnt found any good mixes, but right now I found Bachata to be good.

Dont be afraid to go on beginner course again (I mean 3rd+ time). Lot of times there are just not enough guys. Seen courses with 3:1 women:men ratio. In my city you can take the beginner course for free, because you are helping the lessons going and the girls keeps on coming (=paying for lessons)

Beginner goofiness kills attraction, that is the number one reason why you will not be able score.That is the reason why I said , stop try to hit on them. Observe more skilled dancers. They will pull the girls from your skill level. Every salsa-LTR-couple is ussualy skilled guy and level or more below woman. Never other way around.

^ Women are not attracted to same or lower dance skill level. Yes, you can pull girl if she is level under you. If you are relatively better than her, than you can get her. Vice versa nope, too much to loose(eq making GBS threads where you need to eat). You dont want to destroy place for training.

Dont stop dancing. This is like lifting. Stay in cycle. There are only two ways. Getting better or getting worse.

I dont recommend alcohol. I ve seen some guys that it helps them with rhytm, they loosen up , one beer little/wine dont hurt, but its mostly waste of money cos it adds up pretty quickly. Forget about shots.

Going on low level lessons also helps with preselection. Most of time, the girls from previous courses are waiting for beginner lesson to finish and they are watching your interactions with other noobie dancers. Its a triple win. You are interacting with other women and they are ussualy having a great time with you thanks to your slightly higher skill. You already know the dance basics , so it looks much more smoother,even it is loving mambo. They are almost forced to watch, because there is not much going on.

Go on dance parties and !there! approach other girls. Use your friends from lessons for warm up dance and preselection. Rinse and repeat.

Edit++

Ask questions , but dont overcomplicate things. I have seen guys asking for exact step length or how many degrees he should turn.If it helps you, write it down after class. Here train your muscle memory. Thinking about next figure will kick you out of rhytm.
I will welcome tips and tricks from you guys too. Always looking for new fresh look on problem.

didn't read

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

TLDR:
You should go dance
body:

Be nice to UG4>.

Edit++

Do I even want to know what an "HB9" is?

Also:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

TLDR:
You should go dance
body:

Be nice to UG4>.

Edit++

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i like to think that people like this are easy to spot.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think one of my other vendors actually literally wants to gently caress me. she's been excited about the fact she might be flying out my way for an unrelated business trip in a couple months, and when i mentioned i'm flying to ohio in june she told me to let her know when i'm going since she's got customers over there too.

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

its great. it is a town named after an incident where a guy wandered into a cave full of bees, now a suburb of austin

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

i like to think that people like this are easy to spot.

Yeah, just walk into an IT department?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

Also:

"hot babe, 9 out of 10" iirc

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Schadenboner posted:

no

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oh, see, that's just sexist. I was expecting it was some visa thing making it sexist *and* racist.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

Oh, see, that's just sexist. I was expecting it was some visa thing making it sexist *and* racist.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i think one of my other vendors actually literally wants to gently caress me. she's been excited about the fact she might be flying out my way for an unrelated business trip in a couple months, and when i mentioned i'm flying to ohio in june she told me to let her know when i'm going since she's got customers over there too.

lol

gently caress her rear end

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol

excited for tori but star trek

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm the order time

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol

Ask her to suck you off.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

lol

congrats on getting laid in a couple months

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

After-sales support, ammirite?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

that sounds pretty awesome

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

"Social liberal, fiscal conservative" translates to "I am pretending to be way less of a stupid turd than I actually am"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

be sure to read jonny290’s last post for some solid pointers when it comes to wooing females.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Jonny 290 posted:

TLDR:
You should go dance
body:

Be nice to UG4>.

Edit++

same

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Peeny Cheez posted:

"Social liberal, fiscal conservative" translates to "I am pretending to be way less of a stupid turd than I actually am"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Peeny Cheez posted:

"but I'm not very good at pretending"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

CVS: Vacation started a few days ago and Flying to Florida- someone in the back of the plane has a medical emergency and attempts to treat them are hampered by an unruly mob of elderly and children trying to get to the bathroom despite the flight crew's insistence that they stay seated.

Also as soon as we landed I thought the plane was on fire when they vented in the florida air which apparently has the texture of jello:

airbus air handlers release condensation into the cabin like that, it's always a little weird feeling when the whole cabin mists like that from the cracks lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peeny Cheez posted:

"i understand that the tide of history has turned in favor of lgbt rights but i'll never give up believing that taxation is theft"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Stymie posted:

"i understand that the tide of history has turned in favor of lgbt rights but i'll never give up believing that taxation is theft"

"i'm even more of a coward than the average right winger"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Peeny Cheez posted:

basically everyone in canada describes themselves in this way

as far as i can tell it translates to "sure, i have no problem with gays or blacks or indians as long as none of my money gets spent on them"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

basically everyone in canada describes themselves in this way

as far as i can tell it translates to "sure, i have no problem with gays or blacks or indians as long as none of my money gets spent on them"

you know some lovely people then lol

no wonder you went down south, had to get closer to the source

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/962861091431657472?s=20

hercules, you shitbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

you know some lovely people then lol

no wonder you went down south, had to get closer to the source

Lol. Brutal.