Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Steve Vader posted:

So I have Proxima Midnight. Is she worth the effort to level up? Because she demands crazy resources. I'm tempted to blow forty bucks on the drat mega-6 stuff being offered, along with the crystals that would mean I could unlock Magneto a lot more quickly.

The Black Order characters cost half to level that essentially all other Native T2s do (Quicksilver is the same, Cable might be but he's mutant track not BAM so it's different), so good luck with that.

Also, in case those thoughts were related, you can't ticket up native T2s.

Cinara posted:

Roughly $30 but you can get some bonus stuff along with it. Or like $5 something (1.5 months worth) if you just buy the Stark's Stash which is 75/day for $3.50 a month and a way better deal than anything else you can get in this game.

This is only relevant if you have a time machine, since the Panther bundle being 3300 is a sale, not a price change, and it ends next week. I mean, it's still the best deal going, but by the time you get 3300 out of stashes it will definitely be 5500 again, and that means a third month purchased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah definitely give Sharon Rogers a spin, she's made up for this game but she's so good she's worth it. Clea is a good choice for a rank up ticket, I burned them on her and satana to speed up strange a bunch. Satana is just now good though with her new costume. I haven't done much with clea though other than group her with strange to boost him and there's always the long way of getting her shifter bios. You want shadowlands 10 as soon as you can since 5 10 and 15 give nice chunks of bios.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Don't mega rank Clea IMO. It's a big jump on Strange but it's way better to use the mega on a bio sub like Agent Venom. By herself she's sorta meh. I can clear a lady relay or universal relay with her at T1 but it's hard enough that I usually don't bother. She dies really fast.

Save a 5* and 6* ticket for her for sure, though. And a 4* if one pops up, but those are rarer than the others.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 14, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have on basic rule I try and stick by.

1) Save your tickets for the hardest people to farm.

From easiest to hardest, loosely...
1) Story Missions 1-13.
2) X-Men
3) Special Missions
4) Chaos Token People
5) Strange people
6) Dimension Rifters (except Modok, Ant-Man, and Ultron)
7) Honor Token People
8) Kate Bishop
9) Asgardians
10) Dimension Shifters (Gwenpool, Inferno, Clea, Vulture)
11) Blue Marvel, Nova, Anti-Man, and X-23
12) A-Force
13) Pay People

So I wouldn't use T2 tickets to do the X-Men. Its pretty easy and cheap to farm their bios and there's limited usage for the feathers/m'kraan stuff once you're done with Wolverine. If you don't use it on the mutants you'll just end up capping out earlier. Meanwhile you're not using up resources you can use elsewhere.

Sometimes I break the rule and use tickets if there's some limited time event. I had a ton of 5* tickets so I used one on Shuri to get her to 6* faster and get the prize. But I try not to use tickets on anyone I can easily feed bio selectors or farm cheaply. That's basically 8 and up. 9, really since I can use bio selectors on the Asgardians too. Everyone from 10-13 are the ones tickets are most valuable for since there's so few other ways to get them there.

Clea's a good target for up to a 5* ticket, for sure, since she's needed for Strange and is hard to farm. After that its up to you.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 14, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The worst thing about World Bosses is leveling them by sacrificing bios to them. Once you've completed the X-men, their tracking missions are a good source, but otherwise youre farming bios that you could be using other places.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Please don’t save your T2 tickets for the A-force, they’re useless

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I just natty t2ed Nico. I still won't use her probably.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I just natty t2ed Nico. I still won't use her probably.

Nico is forever my waifu so I have her T2 and I will never regret it even tho she’s bad.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bleah, if I hadn't splurged on BP costumes I'd be able to get the new year pack. Getting a mega tier 2 ticket is one of the only things that might make me actually plonk down on a bio sub. I wonder why NM hasn't realised that? Like, even with two mega-6'es sitting here I know if I spend ten bucks I might be able to squeeze 2 T2 paywalls into a month but I shouldn't bank on it with the way gear upgrades work. Guaranteeing more value would go a long way, and I wouldn't want to 'waste' a mega t2 on someone I could farm normally-ish.

Nico's good backup on a rumble in SL. Wasp on auto and Nico played manually (to run her into Wasp's bubble) is a decent team-up. Singularity is legit pretty good IMO.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I just noticed with today's update they eased the requirements for the black panther extreme battle rewards and also made Uwe and his van speed characters so it's actually possible to attain those rewards now.

Thanks Netmarbu!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

I just noticed with today's update they eased the requirements for the black panther extreme battle rewards and also made Uwe and his van speed characters so it's actually possible to attain those rewards now.

Thanks Netmarbu!

What are the awards?

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

fart simpson posted:

What are the awards?

Similar to the Thor ones. Some CTPs, some 6* card boxes, chunk of crystals (125/75) and BAM (200). Also a card with physical attack/ignore defense/cooldown as its locked rolls. CTPs and the card are of course locked behind getting mythical level uniforms.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

Similar to the Thor ones. Some CTPs, some 6* card boxes, chunk of crystals (125/75) and BAM (200). Also a card with physical attack/ignore defense/cooldown as its locked rolls. CTPs and the card are of course locked behind getting mythical level uniforms.

Which uni for the card?

(I can't check without purchasing the extreme package)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

thechalkoutline posted:

Which uni for the card?

(I can't check without purchasing the extreme package)

Black Panther. Someone did a great full breakdown on reddit here.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Wow yeah they nerfed that extreme battle. I went from yesterday juust squeaking by at a little bit over 15% on 1st one. Today I hit almost 90%, that's good I need those rewards!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who are the "Dimension Rifters?" Are there bios you can only get through rifts?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Who are the "Dimension Rifters?" Are there bios you can only get through rifts?

Yeah. Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Drax, Yellowjacket, Ronin, Rocket, Yondu, and Nebula. They cost energy to farm but eventually you'll need to do this daily anyway to get cards, uniform kits, and debris.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

im freaking the heck out posted:

Wow yeah they nerfed that extreme battle. I went from yesterday juust squeaking by at a little bit over 15% on 1st one. Today I hit almost 90%, that's good I need those rewards!

Yea I just finished my mythic BP uni today and did all the stages first try getting every reward except the Shuri/Killmonger mythic ones without any troubles.

My BP card also rolled "somewhat decent". Phys attack is better these days with QS/Wolverine being in the meta so it got equipped right away.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

Black Panther. Someone did a great full breakdown on reddit here.

Wow, I assumed it was Shuri or Killmonger. So I only need BP at Mythic to get a Premium card???

Dang! I think you actually just got me to buy the uni, I was saving for Adam and had 4k.

Whelp I cannae resist a good card so HERE GOES NOTHING

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Drax, Yellowjacket, Ronin, Rocket, Yondu, and Nebula. They cost energy to farm but eventually you'll need to do this daily anyway to get cards, uniform kits, and debris.

I thought dimension rifters were characters you couldn't directly farm but they had a chance to show up in other missions, like Clea, Vulture, Angela etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fried Sushi posted:

I thought dimension rifters were characters you couldn't directly farm but they had a chance to show up in other missions, like Clea, Vulture, Angela etc.

I mean, its a matter of terminology.

Characters whose bios can be obtained by playing their Dimension Rifts: Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Modok, Ultron, Ant-Man, Nebula, Drax, Rocket, Ronin, Yondu. I called them "Dimension Rifters".

Characters whose bios can be obtained by chance by playing certain missions Special Missions they might shift into: Gwenpool, Inferno, Clea, Vulture. I called them "Dimension Shifters".

Angela is actually in a separate group I failed to list. Players you can't actively target in missions but who you can use bio selectors on. You might get random Angela bios from her shifting into missions, Alliance Battle, the Lab, or something like that but the "easiest" way to get her is with the big bio packs you can acquire. Characters like Sharon Rogers, Moon Knight, Silk, Miles Morales, etc fall into this spot. Its a tough group for me to "rank" because how hard it is to get these characters depends entirely on whether you're getting bios from Shadowland every week or not. So if you're early in its totally worth using tickets to get Sharon Rogers so you can get to the point where you can easily get Shadowland bios to feed to Miles or someone.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, its a matter of terminology.

Characters whose bios can be obtained by playing their Dimension Rifts: Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Modok, Ultron, Ant-Man, Nebula, Drax, Rocket, Ronin, Yondu. I called them "Dimension Rifters".

Characters whose bios can be obtained by chance by playing certain missions Special Missions they might shift into: Gwenpool, Inferno, Clea, Vulture. I called them "Dimension Shifters".

Angela is actually in a separate group I failed to list. Players you can't actively target in missions but who you can use bio selectors on. You might get random Angela bios from her shifting into missions, Alliance Battle, the Lab, or something like that but the "easiest" way to get her is with the big bio packs you can acquire. Characters like Sharon Rogers, Moon Knight, Silk, Miles Morales, etc fall into this spot. Its a tough group for me to "rank" because how hard it is to get these characters depends entirely on whether you're getting bios from Shadowland every week or not. So if you're early in its totally worth using tickets to get Sharon Rogers so you can get to the point where you can easily get Shadowland bios to feed to Miles or someone.

Oh yeah, I misread it, I was referring to Dimension Shifters. Carry on.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Who are you guys putting your ctps of refinement on?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I put mine on my Blue Marvel

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Now that the BP uniform is o n sale and they reduced the difficulty of the extreme challenges is it worth getting?
Do you also have to get the Shuri and Kilmonger uniforms to make it worth while?
And if so do I use my Mega Mythic token on Kilmonger or Ragna Loki and get his card instead.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I beat up Thanos a few times today and went YAY UNLOCK QUICKSILVER oh, no, I unlock the World Boss version of him, so I've got to slow-drip any bios to actually unlock him because of course I have to do that.

And seriously, what is the deal with Unkillable Wolverines? What are you supposed to do with a guy whose health bar never goes down?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You need a Blaster who can deal a lot of damage quickly before he heals it. Jean Grey, Strange, and Sharon Rogers can do it for me. Cable and Witch probably can for others. Maybe Magneto. Maybe some of the universal T2s like Odin and Thanos?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Nova is my go to timeline guy. Being able to hit someone when they're in iframes turns out is pretty good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Nova is my go to timeline guy. Being able to hit someone when they're in iframes turns out is pretty good.

Nova is also my timeline guy.

Poops did they change his laser beam thing that it fires nonstop now too? It used to not be channeled.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

No, it's long-ish but it's no cyclops style beam.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nova is a weird guy for me because like I haven't upgraded his gear or skills or given him an obelisk or ISO set. And he's slotted in one of my teams that I use to "queue" characters I want to work on but someone always moves ahead of him. But like... he can still take down a Wave or a Rumble in the teens so I always end up using him in Shadowland and am satisfied. And I know if I worked him up he'd probably be better. But he's always good enough that I find another priority. Same basic deal with Anti-Man.

If I have Phoenix, Quicksilver, and Wolverine available than I straight up can't lose Timeline. Its just a matter of picking teh right matchups. The only challenge I had today was from a pesky X-23 that weirdly took down Phoenix, took half of Quicksilver off, and then took Wolverine like 2 minutes to kill. But if I have the 3 of them its almost always just a matter of the matchups. If they're blocked then it gets sketchier the further down my line I have to go. Sharon, Spidey, Strange... after that it gets iffy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've gathered up enough gold to level up my Item Shop in the Lab to Level 15, but that's a lot of gold I could be using on gear. Is Level 15 worth it?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Now that the BP uniform is o n sale and they reduced the difficulty of the extreme challenges is it worth getting?
Do you also have to get the Shuri and Kilmonger uniforms to make it worth while?
And if so do I use my Mega Mythic token on Kilmonger or Ragna Loki and get his card instead.

Do you have any use for a t2 ticket? If so you're getting a uni, t2 ticket, premium card and up to 3 other mythical cards for 2700 crystals after the 600 you get from the extreme challenges. It's a drat steal at this price.

The Shuri and Killmonger unis only give you CTPs, so up to you if those are worth the cost. From what reddit says, Killmonger is maybe the worst paywall ever, so yea.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

So I've gathered up enough gold to level up my Item Shop in the Lab to Level 15, but that's a lot of gold I could be using on gear. Is Level 15 worth it?

Eh. If you buy stuff in there it might be since it speeds up the time it takes to reload and opens up more slots. But if you don't really buy from the shop then its pointless. Its probably something that can wait until you're more flush with gold. The Anti Matter Generator is the only Lab thing you should make a priority to upgrade.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Eh. If you buy stuff in there it might be since it speeds up the time it takes to reload and opens up more slots. But if you don't really buy from the shop then its pointless. Its probably something that can wait until you're more flush with gold. The Anti Matter Generator is the only Lab thing you should make a priority to upgrade.

All I've bought in there is Level 5 EXP chips. Didn't know if Level 15 unlocked anything better for purchase or not.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cinara posted:

Do you have any use for a t2 ticket? If so you're getting a uni, t2 ticket, premium card and up to 3 other mythical cards for 2700 crystals after the 600 you get from the extreme challenges. It's a drat steal at this price.

The Shuri and Killmonger unis only give you CTPs, so up to you if those are worth the cost. From what reddit says, Killmonger is maybe the worst paywall ever, so yea.

Yeah I do have some dudes waiting for a Tier 2 ticket. (I'll be coming into two over the next few days but a third ticket will be useful.)
Vulture, Rogue, Satanana and Elias Bloodstone are all waiting to be Tier 2d. It sounds like BP is the only one worth going for. And since you can buy a (normal) Legendary to Mythic ticket and BP starts at Legendary it is a perfect fit.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I'm kind of new to this game and working through the story. I have a 6* full mastery Sharon, a 6* half mastery Luna and Squirrel Girl. I am getting stuck on the Story mode every once in a while because I'm behind in power level. I am also about 45 on each of those characters and in Chapter 11. I can sometimes push a level of the attack power is 1k higher but often times it's rough. Should I get these guys to max level first and plow through or should I be doing something else?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes, you should get them leveled up. Level 60, 6*s is a big upgrade from Level 45, 6*. You should also work on their gear and get it to at least 15 or 17. If you can get Sharon's gear to 20 and her level to 60 you can use a T2 ticket on her and then she'll carry you a long way.

But that being said, Chapter 11 is difficult even for veterans. The characters you're facing in there are T2, above Level 60, so you'll probably be awhile before you can really conquer those and much longer for the last few missions of Chapter 12. Oddly Chapter 13 seems easier.

This is probably the part of your gaming experience where you really start noticing all the other game modes on your Status Board and learning them.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I picked up a CTP of transcendence from a special mission, are there any recommendations on who it would be good on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dravs posted:

I picked up a CTP of transcendence from a special mission, are there any recommendations on who it would be good on?

From some reddit post:

I'd probably do 2099 myself but then again my Loki costume is mythic, idk both seem fine

Also I'm amazed you got one to drop at random, I've never heard of anyone (much less myself) getting one from a mission