Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:siren:florida race called for Dem. over a 20 point swing from 2016:siren:

That counts as a tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pfft, voter swings don't matter. :matters:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crabtree posted:

Sanders doesn't respect anyone or anything, including herself. She is an empty shell of other people's hatred.

Her brother tortured and killed a dog for fun.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Way to kill it with grim specificity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Lmao, when the loving Chamber of Commerce is to the left of you

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/963548820616437760

Greed comes before conservatism.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

and hung/hanged it

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is great! I just wish 538's Trump polls weren't in the low 40s rather than the high 30s. It's creeping me out.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What Florida race?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Greed comes before conservatism.

Fascism, on the other hand... has the same dynamic, but often opts for destruction.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/hodgesmr/status/963574441190899712

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

and hung/hanged it

Hanged. And stop with the dog horrors, just for tonight, for my own sake.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Very happy to see this. I'm hoping reasons to be optimistic keep popping up.:)

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
The FL 76 results are real good news. Turnout heavily favored republicans—45.7 R to 40 D and 13.8 NPA. The democrat won 52 to 45 with 3 for the libertarian. So the Republican actually got a lower share of the vote than republicans represented in the electorate, and the democrat got 12 points higher than democrats in the electorate. So either the democrat swept like 90% of the independents or she was able to peel off some Republican voters. Both are excellent news, and tend to indicate the Chapo wisdom that there are no moderate voters to appeal to did not hold here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

JeffersonClay posted:

The FL 76 results are real good news. Turnout heavily favored republicans—45.7 R to 40 D and 13.8 NPA. The democrat won 52 to 45 with 3 for the libertarian. So the Republican actually got a lower share of the vote than republicans represented in the electorate, and the democrat got 12 points higher than democrats in the electorate. So either the democrat swept like 90% of the independents or she was able to peel off some Republican voters. Both are excellent news, and tend to indicate the Chapo wisdom that there are no moderate voters to appeal to did not hold here.

You are like a broken record with this poo poo

Good Tuesday
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone can be racist, even me.

:heritage:
Don't argue with me about gun control or I'll call you out on your racial heritage!
Ugh can Georgia count faster :f5:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bad news guys, I don’t think that the Dem in the Trump +73 district is gonna win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bad news guys, I don’t think that the Dem in the Trump +73 district is gonna win.

Burn it down.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That is worse than I imagined

https://mobile.twitter.com/juliannagoldman/status/963552036271902722

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wrap it up, nothing matters

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
I bet Tom Price is feeling pretty stupid that he resigned because of his flights. He could have just shrugged it off and nothing would have happened

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm laughing so hard that this is your takeaway.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Journo. Ideologically impure. I write on security, privacy, human condition. EU-American. Patreon: patreon.com/quinnnorton FYI, I can't spell.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

They should really frame this as a families entire yearly income is wasted in literally one cushy flight from these silver spoon douchebags.

The party of fiscal responsibility.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:matters:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

JeffersonClay posted:

also I just looked at her website and most of her positions put her solidly on the center-left/slightly left of your average Democrat. So this election actually proves the opposite of the point you were intending to make here.

Majorian posted:

I'm laughing so hard that this is your takeaway.

turns out, it was a bad takeaway

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

and hung/hanged it

Quick guide: Pence prefers his animals hung, Huckabee Jr prefers them hanged

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Blue wave is dead. Seven years. Everything is immaterial.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The blue wave is never coming.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

mdemone posted:

:stonk:

Over/under on her resignation from NYT: 24 hours

Now taking bets!

Over at 1488 hours.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
But holy poo poo if Florida swings anywhere close to 20 points in November the Republicans are screwed so badly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JeffersonClay posted:

drat we never should have eradicated polio. It could have taken out Paul Ryan!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

While Trump "only" won that Georgia area by 25, the R Incumbent ran unopposed in 2016 and in 2012 won with 70.5% of the vote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Fun stat. There have been 40 flips in special elections since Trump was elected. 36 were won by Dems.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fun stat. There have been 40 flips in special elections since Trump was elected. 36 were won by Dems.

I think you'll find they've won 4 out of 4 and I endorsed Big Luther, knew Roy Moore would lose!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Stop trying to create a worm of hope in my heart, I'm not going to fall for it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

I think you'll find they've won 4 out of 4 and I endorsed Big Luther, knew Roy Moore would lose!

And Ed Gillespie wasn't a Trump guy! No, I've never heard of this "MS-13", I don't know what you're talking about

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Quick guide: Pence prefers his animals hung, Huckabee Jr prefers them hanged

:vince:

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
The Trump Years will last until 2032. 2024-2032 are Jr. After that comes the Kushner regime, which is only two years because he dies in office, but he's replaced by Vice President Spencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Aves Maria! posted:

also I just looked at her website and most of her positions put her solidly on the center-left/slightly left of your average Democrat. So this election actually proves the opposite of the point you were intending to make here.

turns out, it was a bad takeaway

did you seriously look at her website because I see very little that’s to the left of Hillary Clinton, and some that’s to the right

she talks about “affordable healthcare”, not single payer, and her promise is to defend the ACA and expand Medicaid
she talks about job training, education, and business incentives in her jobs pitch
she opposes for profit charter schools, but not charter schools generally. She talks about holding private schools who get voucher money to higher standards, not eliminating vouchers.
She wants to ban fracking I guess?

It’s not on her website, but she doesn’t support a 15 dollar minimum wage
http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20171114/progressive-group-pulls-its-endorsement-of-siesta-key-democrat-margaret-good

quote:

One of the leading progressive organizations in Florida has rescinded its endorsement of Siesta Key attorney Margaret Good in the Democratic primary for the District 72 state House seat, citing her position on the minimum wage.

“We misread and then misrepresented her position on the $15 minimum wage,” the Democratic Progressive Caucus of Florida wrote in a press release announcing the rescinded endorsement, adding the group “believes that a $15 minimum wage is an achievable goal in today’s economy.”

Good lost the Progressive Caucus’s endorsement Monday, the same day the Herald-Tribune published an article about the primary that mentioned her position on the minimum wage. Good said in the article that she wants to increase the minimum wage but is not wedded to a specific number and wants “to do some more research to make sure we’re not hurting small businesses.”

The Progressive Caucus still endorses Good’s opponent, Sarasota staffing company owner Ruta Jouniari, who supports a $15 minimum wage and other progressive policies

do you have any thoughts on the analysis of electoral data other than “nuh uh?”

• Locked thread