Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Fortunately it works on neither.

Whisper Vader and Soontir seem to be the obvious targets, though gunboats will be solid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

canyoneer posted:

And hot dog, there's a PS1 x-wing. Which means that it probably costs less than the 21 point PS2 x-wing. Which means you may be able to run 5 x-wings :swoon:

5 copies of the PS1 X-wing so looks like it!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

hoiyes posted:

It'd also be fantastic on Gunner whisper, you could spend a hit to make sure the first attack misses and then proc firecontrol for second attack.

I don't know if that would work; the attack 'hit' even if it winds up then having all of it's damage cancelled, no?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tekopo posted:

Lol that they only made the no first order restriction to prevent QD scenanigans.

what rule is that?

e: What I mean to say is, where are people seeing that Krennic is empire only? Doesn't the card say imperial only?

Seldom Posts fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 13, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's too bad that the Death Troopers are so underwhelming. I guess you could stick them in a TIE Bomber Shuttle and fly that next to something more important but that's about the only scenario I can imagine them being useful in.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

I don't know if that would work; the attack 'hit' even if it winds up then having all of it's damage cancelled, no?

You'd spend the die result on the modify step, before compare results.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Seldom Posts posted:

what rule is that?

e: What I mean to say is, where are people seeing that Krennic is empire only? Doesn't the card say imperial only?

It says Galactic Empire on the card ability text.

Edit: you could put Krennic on Kylos Shuttle, you just can't assign the condition to Silencer, FO or SF.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Seldom Posts posted:

what rule is that?

Galactic Empire only, he only works on that subfaction and not First Order. It looks like that's something they're doing more of, I think the Resistance Bomber has something that only works on Resistance ships, not Rebel Alliance.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It's not awful on RAC with Rebel Captive, but... it's not GOOD.

I had such hopes for it. I made up my own idea for what they could be and it wasn't that.

I've had the thought of this for ages:

1 crew, not limited.
1 point, +1 point per previously equipped Death Troopers (so 1 is 1, 2 is 3, and 3 is 6 points).
When attacking, you may roll one addition die. After the Attacker Modifies Attack Dice step, you must cancel one attack die.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ro5s posted:

Galactic Empire only, he only works on that subfaction and not First Order. It looks like that's something they're doing more of, I think the Resistance Bomber has something that only works on Resistance ships, not Rebel Alliance.

Yeah, Crossfire Formation works with Resistance Ships. It's neat, adds some extra flavor to the factions. I'd like to see more new ships interact with the subfactions.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hoiyes posted:

It says Galactic Empire on the card ability text.

Edit: you could put Krennic on Kylos Shuttle, you just can't assign the condition to Silencer, FO or SF.

ro5s posted:

Ah good catch thanks. I was so excited to run him with OL, lol.

Still though, I like the idea of putting Hux on a cheap Reaper with a bunch of TIEs.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd like to see more new ships interact with the subfactions.

Me too, I like how it encourages all-Rebel or all-Resistance lists. The spergy part of me gets a little annoyed when, say, Rey's hanging out in a ship with someone who died before she was even born.

Anyway, now that a T-65/E-wing Rebel Veterans is in all likelihood never happening, any ideas for an E-wing buddy they could include in a two-pack to fix my favorite Corranmobile? An E-wing/K-wing "New Republic Aces" pack would be cool and thematic, but it's not like the K-wing needs any help right now.

EDIT: I guess they could throw one in a Hammerhead epic, but a Blue Squadron T-65 would make more sense and I'd rather not drop a hundred bucks anyway. :shrug:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Scum are going to take a beating :(

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raged posted:

Good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Raged posted:

Poor guys only got 2 years at the top of the meta

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Re: ailerons chat--

Adaptive Ailerons comes in the TIE Striker pack.

Advanced Ailerons appears to come in the TIE Reaper pack. Hence the difference in art and probably slightly different effect.

I'm pretty excited for Saw's Renegades, though! The U-Wing is a great ship design, but this expansion tells us FFG thought it was mechanically hot garbage, too, and pushed out a fix sooner rather than later.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Barley seeing them in the top tables already.

In Australia palp aces have already made a comeback. Going to be everywhere now when the new wave comes out.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raged posted:

Barley seeing them in the top tables already.

In Australia palp aces have already made a comeback. Going to be everywhere now when the new wave comes out.

Good.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Eh I'm fine with going a meta or two where people forget scum exists

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

I have a passing suspicion that the Scum ship will be the Solo movie New-Falcon, but that’s just mere surmise.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Whats the state of the game like? Last I heard it was still turret/munitions dominate. I went on a tear last summer with old Dengar, but dropped out of the game after that errata. I've got a regionals bye card with it and the event to cash it in is coming up in about a month, but I have no idea what to do right now.

I know some form of Assajj and Mindlink seems to be relevant, or spamming harpoons with PS1's. Whats still big with Scum right now?

My other backup is Imperial, but is there anything besides triple ace or double ace Palp currently?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Scum lists are basically, choose Assaj + Dengar/Bossk/Ketsu.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

The Malthusian posted:

I have a passing suspicion that the Scum ship will be the Solo movie New-Falcon, but that’s just mere surmise.

Yeah it's weird they are not releasing anything for the movie launch.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Raged posted:

There's still a SKU unannounced and a Solo film in 3 months.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm honestly surprised the Solo solo movie is in May. I figured they would keep up a yearly December release on things.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm honestly surprised the Solo solo movie is in May. I figured they would keep up a yearly December release on things.

Yeah I keep forgetting it's that close. Hope it's at least as good as R1.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Look if Woody harrelson isn't in Xwing by Q2 I'm selling out. Falcon with coordinate action :allears:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's six hours later and I'm still :gizz:ing about new X-wings.

EDIT: some substantive posting now

I really need to see the cost on that title, mod, and PS1 pilot for the T-65. I don't dare hope that it's 18 points, because that'd be loving dumb, but goddamn am I hoping that it's 18 points. Even if it's 19 points, being able to equip the s-foils, a droid, and Integrated Astromech would be loving incredible.

The s-foils mod has text "at the" and "phase", so it's not action or event triggered. That's good. It also means that the PS-7 pilot with an EPT can trigger both effects in the same turn, which depending on the effects is going to be sick and nasty. Since what I'm assuming is the "closed" version reduces primary weapon value, that seems important.

The "open" version has what my terrible vision is suggesting is a [hard turn] icon. Pre-execution maneuver changing? Could be really good on something like Intensity/FAA high-PS pilots, where deliberately swinging wide and out of arc would let you trigger FAA and Intensity to token stack and attack from an interesting direction.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 14, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Apparently there's spoiled full text of sfoils?
Closed is: Reduce primary by 1. Gain boost action. White straight manoeuvres are green. May flip at end of combat phase.
Open is: Gain barrel roll action. If you are not stressed, if you reveal a 2 or 3 speed hard turn, you may perform a 3 tallon in that direction. (no stress!!) May flip at end of combat phase.

0 points.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

Closed is: Reduce primary by 1. Gain boost action. White straight manoeuvres are green. May flip at end of combat phase.
Open is: Gain barrel roll action. If you are not stressed, if you reveal a 2 or 3 speed hard turn, you may perform a 3 tallon in that direction. (no stress!!) May flip at end of combat phase.

0 points.

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

EDIT: seriously constructive posting again

The PS7 pilot with FAA is nuts. You can reveal a 2/3 speed hard, switch it at reveal to a 3 tallon, trigger FAA (depending on whether you need to or not) for a barrel roll, flip the card, perform the new boost action that you suddenly have, and then flip it back for a full dice primary. If you have Opportunist or something that generates stress, you can flip it back at the end of the combat phase, 4 forward green GTFO, and then do basically the same thing with an FAA barrel roll, flip card, boost for arc. Flip or don't flip as necessary for that one.

That PS7 pilot is Blue Ace levels of mobile, with better maneuver options.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 14, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

0 points.

I'll believe it when I see it because that is pretty broken.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:siren: The PS4 X-Wing pilot has an EPT :siren:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Some Numbers posted:

Last gimmick post for today

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

hoiyes posted:

0 points.

Citation needed.

I could believe open making 2 and 3 hard turns green, but not a free loving tallon roll.

Some Numbers posted:

About time.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Yeah that sounds suspicious.
It upgrades every x wing to Ello Asty plus vectored thrusters for zero points.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lol.. just hit me why certain people really recommended that I start learning palp aces.

Going to miss Yorr :(

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Some Numbers posted:

What’s the significance?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's better than Ello, because it gives 2 speed T-Rolls too.

Tequila Ranger posted:

What’s the significance?

With the old X-Wing pilots, no one with PS5 or lower had an EPT

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Lol.. just hit me why certain people really recommended that I start learning palp aces.

Going to miss Yorr :(

Ask those certain people about free tallons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Reading the text, it does look pretty close to the "spolied" version. I really doubt it's a white tallon roll though.

• Locked thread