Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

neither of the men in the live action version of otouto no otto look buff enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Cheers for the advice guys, I’ll take a look at A Place Farther than the Universe.

Started watching Fate/stay night:Unlimited Blade Works, my first Fate/stay series. This is apparently a bad place to start, but everywhere is bad according to the internet, apart from playing/watching the visual novel and I’m not sure I have 50 hours.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

Cheers for the advice guys, I’ll take a look at A Place Farther than the Universe.

Started watching Fate/stay night:Unlimited Blade Works, my first Fate/stay series. This is apparently a bad place to start, but everywhere is bad according to the internet, apart from playing/watching the visual novel and I’m not sure I have 50 hours.

Apocrypha is a good starting point, though it is not a great show outside of visuals and some characters. the currently airing Extra Last Encore is another good starting point and seems to actually be a good show so far.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fate/Stay Night: NO GOOD STARTING POINT :byodood:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

HidaO-Win posted:

UBW is honestly the least worst option if you had to, HAD to, watch a Fate anime first. The VN will perpetually remain the only right answer but thems the breaks!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

neither of the men in the live action version of otouto no otto look buff enough

it's impossible to find enough buff men to populate a gengoroh adaptation

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's impossible to find enough buff men to populate a gengoroh adaptation

trained circus bears

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you could go to a body building competition and there still wouldn't be enough beefcake.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
body builders are a completely different kind of beef, men who look like Tagame characters are at strongman competitions

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HidaO-Win posted:

if you like it and want more, it's a good starting point. also try carnival phantasm if you want a silly comedy or fate/grand order if you want a mobage to suck your lifeforceoccupy some idle time

fate is a large franchise and people who engage more with it tend to get more out of it since a lot of the series is time sinks like visual novels, rpgs, and multiple seasons of anime, but to argue that to a newcomer kind of misses the point of what an entry point it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:3:

I'm excited

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

trained circus bears
Unbearable. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unlimited blade works is fine. i dont like some of the adaptation choices they made but there's nothing really wrng with it as a starting point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started with Fate/Zero and liked it a lot.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Fate/Ubw is the best non VN starting point

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

GodFish posted:

Fate/Ubw is the best non VN starting point

ubw? its spelled umu

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The UBW anime has more Rin that you will ever know what to do with. She's awesome and a goddamn goldmine of gifs all by herself.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I also I want to inform you that I am completely biased and that my preferred waifu should NOT affect your decision going in. As Powerful as she might be. :kimchi:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

I'm seriously amazed that this is being made. I can't believe any of Tagame's projects is getting made into something. Can't wait to see one of his other comics get a tv adaptation

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Can't wait for the feature length adaptation of Man oval office by Shinya Tsukamoto

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i hope that dude can sell his portrayal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/963614763044540416

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's cool I suppose, though one could always watch them on Amazon Prime. Though I did know some people who had some region locked problems streaming it there that I don't know would be better or worse on CR.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So, uuuuuh, this is a thing that's happening: https://kotaku.com/netflix-is-not-interested-in-whitewashing-live-action-1822988771

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good idea, but it's too bad they are using it for sao.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno. It could be cool. Maybe they can get rid of the whole harem angle (or at least Suguha's crush on her own step-bro/cousin) or... y'know, the rapey aspects of two antagonists.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

I dunno. It could be cool. Maybe they can get rid of the whole harem angle (or at least Suguha's crush on her own step-bro/cousin) or... y'know, the rapey aspects of two antagonists.

lol just make an entirely different show but call it by the same name

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope they keep the "beter" (beater?) thing because I want to see actors try to say that with a straight face.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

I know I know, harems gonna hare.

Sindai posted:

I hope they keep the "beter" (beater?) thing because I want to see actors try to say that with a straight face.
I bet that they end up changing it to something even cringier.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's the upcoming Gun Gale show.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It it's an actual show then they very well might just have the whole thing set in Aincrad. At this point they've got plenty of Progressive material to draw from as well as the original stuff, along with whatever original content they could add, so there's no real reason for it to ever advance into Fairy Dance or GGO stuff anyways.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

It it's an actual show then they very well might just have the whole thing set in Aincrad. At this point they've got plenty of Progressive material to draw from

I'm glad SAO is finally becoming woke.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

I'm glad SAO is finally becoming woke.
But will it be as Woke as Neo Yokio?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You should watch these, especially 3and 5

RME
Feb 20, 2012

thats pretty par for a western adaptation tho

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RME posted:

thats pretty par for a western adaptation tho

It's kind of amazing how faithful of an adaptation Alita looks to be judging from the trailer

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm imagining a live action SAO and all I see in my head is terrible CG monsters and badly choreographed fight scenes interspersed with the worst interpersonal drama imaginable and deeply unlikable characters

So...the anime, only with worse action scenes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Worse music too probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxdT-6RpaI

April 8! Turn on CC for subs.

• Locked thread