Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
game is real bad and lags every 20 seconds for at least 2 seconds gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So what are the basic ways to train various skills? I just finished the tutorial area and I'm tempted to go back and maybe re-do some things if it means getting some easy benefits.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Next patch is 2 weeks out, according to the devs.

Still trying to figure out if I like being Henry, the Forrest Gump of 1400's Bohemia.

"HAH! You thought you could get away after murdering all those people?"

"What?" :downs:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what are the basic ways to train various skills? I just finished the tutorial area and I'm tempted to go back and maybe re-do some things if it means getting some easy benefits.

I basically cheated and found an invulnerable NPC that I could bludgeon with your dad's sword and it increased vitality, agility, and strength. Beating things with swords increases all of those stats at once.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Here is my review from two hours of play:

I've not experienced any bugs besides one crash. My system is strictly middle of the road and getting 60 FPS on high settings.

Game is fun. Best Medieval Bohemia Village Mugging and Burglary Simulator i've ever played.

Also, the save anywhere mod works without issue, here is a link: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1?tab=description

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You train them by using them or can pay trainers to level them up.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Still not left the starter town. The text says a miller will buy fenced goods, is there one here?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
how do you wrestle and throw

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Diogines posted:

Still not left the starter town. The text says a miller will buy fenced goods, is there one here?

Theresa's uncle doesn't even though he should. The first guy he sends you to does though.

NB you need to get past Skalitz for this to be available.

Archonic
Oct 11, 2003

bury me with it

Elendil004 posted:

I just got done escaping and I feel genuinely bad about leaving that woman to the rapists but I had guys surrounding me and I just couldn't even look I had to book it. I am a monster.

Someone mentioned a savegame mod though? I don't see it in the OP but I mean...I am an adult and need to be able to turn the game off when I need to stop playing and have it save so kinda important.

Re: spoiler solution, I rode a horse into them and it dispersed the group. I then hauled rear end on that horse.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda like how they don't allow save scumming because by god I would still be relitigating that archery contest against that noble shithead Hans

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There are a few skill trainers, but the best option is to just do poo poo with the skills you want to use to level them up. the bow is your friend

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

KyloWinter posted:

Ever play any Besthda game?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watching a streamer do the tutorial and he has gotten stuck inside a house twice because Henry is too fat for doors.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You train them by using them or can pay trainers to level them up.

I should have been more specific; are there any easy ways train them? Stuff like punching horses and apparently jumping everywhere?

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Just play the game normally and they will level up. I don't know why everyone is so keen on trying to break the game skills system when it just came out.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching a streamer do the tutorial and he has gotten stuck inside a house twice because Henry is too fat for doors.

You'd think Goons might be more forgiving of this game given it really hits home

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Really digging this game. There definitely is some jank, but hell, it hasn't been too bad so far. I think in the beginning there was a dialogue flag that seemed a bit off with Hal's bros, but maybe not? Using a controller and movement inside buildings is weird, and I get lost on battlements and don't know when I'm trespassing until it's almost too late. Love the story and how fluid the quests seem. They don't gently caress around either...when it says RUN...don't find poppy flowers to pick, you will die.

I did just run into a bug just now that I am still laughing at...

So, while talking to one of the nobles in the first place after the beginning tutorial, I finally failed a speech check. I realized that I had a speech perk I could add, so I was going to reload to try it out.
My last autosave was on the battlements right after a neat cutscene with everyone walking back to the barracks....except this time, the old guy (Divish?) was butt rear end naked and they actually modeled everything down to the tiniest dick and balls possible.
THAT definitely put an earlier conversation into perspective! :v:

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

insider posted:

Just play the game normally and they will level up. I don't know why everyone is so keen on trying to break the game skills system when it just came out.

for fun mainly

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Fosson posted:

My last autosave was on the battlements right after a neat cutscene with everyone walking back to the barracks....except this time, the old guy (Divish?) was butt rear end naked and they actually modeled everything down to the tiniest dick and balls possible.
THAT definitely put an earlier conversation into perspective! :v:

I find it odd as hell when games do this but it doesn't appear in game

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Off trail walking I've gotten stuck on bushes. I've almost reloaded but slamming jump enough eventually you kinda pop off it. Stairs can also snag you so you have to jump around some invisible obstruction. The collision detection is dodgy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Junkfist posted:

If you talk to Klaus or whatever that one friend of yours is with the raspy rear end in a top hat voice he'll give you 4 of them after you talk to that dude who owes you an axe and nails.

Any particularly good place to use them in the starting village?

I feel like I should be able to clear this place out far more efficiently than I've managed to figure out so far.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Really hard to overstate how hosed the lock picking minigame is. Wow it is bad!

Also real glad I saved Theresa from being raped . Homegirl is 100% ride or die.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Really hard to overstate how hosed the lock picking minigame is. Wow it is bad!

Also real glad I saved Theresa from being raped . Homegirl is 100% ride or die.

It's really easy once you figure it out :confused:

Being fast is important. Hold the pin in the sweet spot as best you can, but it has some forgiveness to it; speed is more important than being perfect with it. The pick will break if you take too long.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it hard to believe anyone could make a lockpicking minigame worse than Oblivion's.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I’m 13 hours in and enjoying more as I go. I’m in Rattay and the game has opened up and I like it.

Tips:
-easy money/armor/weapons: google for the treasure maps that were a dlc bonus. The stuff is still there even if you don’t have the maps. Each one has a few hundred gold, some armor and weapons
-learn to read:
talk to apothecary in Rattay and he’ll give you a quest to find the scribe in the northeast who will teach you to read

e: and the save mod is god-tier

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 14, 2018

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Link to save game mod is in the OP, along with even more goon opinions. Looks like this is shaping up to be a decent game, if you don't have too much lag.

Someone mentioned that an SSD shortens the cutscene loading times to nothing.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Quick question; does the "the game doesn't wait for you" stuff only apply when you're actually in the middle of the quest/mission in question? Like, I get that if I've agreed to a patrol they won't stick around forever if I'm late, but will the quest be available indefinitely? (And therefore I can postpone doing it until I'm ready, without consequence)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
hi, new to the game here and i need some help asap!

i didn't learn to read before trying alchemy and now there are large brooms running around flooding the basement with buckets of water. i don't even live here and i'm not familiar enough with the stealth system yet so i think i'm gonna get caught :ohdear:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So this game gives me a "Gothic" vibe. Is it similar at all? i.e. you start out weak, eventually you get really strong and are rewarded for exploring? Plus with proper understanding of combat etc, you can punch above you weight? I'm hoping it will scratch that itch.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

KyloWinter posted:

I'm on a i3-4130, R9 380, 16gb ram and not getting any lag and 50+fps on low so YMMV

Enjoying what I've played so far.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I killed a dog and two chickens with a single arrow so this is my GOTY

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aaaaaand gently caress saviour schnapps. Died, lost 30 minutes of progress, added mod.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought I got away with murder up in the hills but your reputation plummets even if you kill someone and nobody else sees? Kinda lame.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Taintrunner posted:

I thought I got away with murder up in the hills but your reputation plummets even if you kill someone and nobody else sees? Kinda lame.

Living witnesses and bloodstains on clothing/weapon might have something to do with it, but I can't be sure.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rock Puncher posted:

protip: you can also punch the horses near mum & dads house, if they path towards mum and dads house when they flee you are basically guaranteed easy levels in warfare, strength and unarmed combat

watch out for guards because if they catch you punching horses they will resist your persuasion attempts and throw you in prison where you will die over an 80 coin fine. No matter how many times you flee and surrender and try to explain this is an important mission from important guy that requires horses to be punched.

Hahaha

I'm hearing you can grind endlessly during the tutorial, but it's just certain skills? Lockpicking? Jumping, which is apparently a skill?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Backer rewards came in the mail! :toot:

That is one sexy map

They messed up my order, I got a sword and not a catte!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Take stolen good, give to horse. Go to far off city, can't sell it, still tagged. drat. Go to fence way closer to point I stole it at, and now it's no longer tagged as stolen.

I think my horse is laundering my stolen goods.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any goons wanna give a review of the game? I have no idea what it is, but it looks cool. Is there magic?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I will say this game has done medieval towns way better than any other game I've seen. They feel like the right size rather than your usual tiny towns that house about 20 people max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

NutritiousSnack posted:

There are a few skill trainers, but the best option is to just do poo poo with the skills you want to use to level them up. the bow is your friend

I am so bad with the bow. I believe you can also just practice fight Captain Bernard into infinity and your stats will probably keep going up.