Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

New episode is out, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
In the superbowl episode they said the dude who wrote the "I WOULD FIGHT THAT RUDE CHILD" meltdown also wrote about 'what to do when a woman says no' that was super rapey. Which episode was that in? I gotta hear his views on women after that...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

sexpig by night posted:

In the superbowl episode they said the dude who wrote the "I WOULD FIGHT THAT RUDE CHILD" meltdown also wrote about 'what to do when a woman says no' that was super rapey. Which episode was that in? I gotta hear his views on women after that...

The person in question is Dennis Prager, I think that was episode 182

e: sorry I misread your question. The original Prager episode was 16

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
16, I think. It was one of the earliest reading series.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.031368afba8f

quote:

Hungary no longer wants to arrest former White House aide Gorka, but mystery lingers

Mystery indeed

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
oh for FUCKS sake

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/963431182233980928

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
love it when the hosts repeat bits from cum town but also remove all the comedic beats so it's just saying the phrase "economy of respect" and then laughing at yourself

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

that part about "I thought hitting a child was wrong until a bunch of talk-radio listeners called into my show and told me they were beaten as children and turned out normal" is one of the funniest things i've heard on the pod

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

little munchkin posted:

that part about "I thought hitting a child was wrong until a bunch of talk-radio listeners called into my show and told me they were beaten as children and turned out normal" is one of the funniest things i've heard on the pod

"I'M NORMAL, I'M A DENNIS PRAGER LISTENER!"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

sexpig by night posted:

"I'M NORMAL, I'M A DENNIS PRAGER LISTENER!"

“IM A GRADUATE FROM PRAGER U”

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Do you want to hear Felix talk about MMA, 2000's internet and Dragon Ball Super on a podcast for like an hour? There ya go!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Autism jokes are fine tho, as an autistic american j give you all permission

As a bipolar person I'd be loving horrified if someone tried to stop someone else from saying "maniac"

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Goddamnit. I just canceled my NY Times subscription because I'm fed up with their opinion people. I thought the Washington Post was better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tambreet posted:

Goddamnit. I just canceled my NY Times subscription because I'm fed up with their opinion people. I thought the Washington Post was better.

https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/963561774824947712

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Slavery? there's an App for that!

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
I wouldn't even mind so much if they hire crazy conservatives if they also added crazy leftists/progressives to balance it out. Why is that so hard?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tambreet posted:

I wouldn't even mind so much if they hire crazy conservatives if they also added crazy leftists/progressives to balance it out. Why is that so hard?

This is a good thread that explains it.

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/963610129269600257

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kunster posted:

Do you want to hear Felix talk about MMA, 2000's internet and Dragon Ball Super on a podcast for like an hour? There ya go!

These people are way too high energy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Truly amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tambreet posted:

seriously, hire McGriddle, that's fine, but also hire some loving crazy commie who wants to go from house to house in Manhattan with machetes.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tambreet posted:

Well the NYT fired the Nazi, if only the WaPo could follow up by firing their newest soulless monster

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well the NYT fired the Nazi, if only the WaPo could follow up by firing their newest soulless monster

lol wow didn't even take a day

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/quinnnorton/status/963594128381620224

:cry:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
tell it to aaron schwartz

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

seriously, hire McGriddle, that's fine, but also hire some loving crazy commie who wants to go from house to house in Manhattan with machetes.

whats so "crazy" about that idea

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tambreet posted:

because crazy conservatives aren't a threat to them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"History is watching you." - woman literally taken down by her own history

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TetsuoTW posted:

because crazy conservatives aren't a threat to them
Plus for all of his whining, Trump does an interview with the NYT quarterly at this point, because he is a giant manchild who just wants to be adored

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Point the power beam at McGriddle!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Which episode had felix's break down about elon musk?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Which episode had felix's break down about elon musk?

If you mean the rockabilly thing on mars it's 174

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/380331818-chapo-trap-house-episode-174-ooohh-baby-i-like-it-raw-1718.mp3

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

If she was really NYT material she would have ended that tweet with “History has its eyes on you”

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Does anyone have a link to that video where a political activist talks about going to sports bars to organize? I need it for a project.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShaneRyanHere/status/963852451614003200

quote:

Anonymous: You said that medical innovation will be wiped out if we have a type of national health care, because European drug companies get 80% of their revenue from Americans. Where did you get this statistic?

Megan McArdle: It wasn't a statistic--it was a hypothetical.

However, whenever I have been able to find pharma financial statements that break down their profits by region, the lion's share always comes from the US.

quote:

"Anyone who's sat through a budget meeting knows that almost everyone overestimates their successess, underestimates their costs; it's easier to go back for money later, when you can wave a nice hunk of sunk costs around, than say up front that you think whatever it is you're proposing will be expensive as hell. But trillions? US GDP is roughly $10 trillion. Alterman is saying that over the long run, this war is going to cost us at least 20% of GDP. That's nuts, and it's not the first time I've seen those sorts of numbers around. ... But making up ridiculous numbers in order to support your predisposition isn't helpful — and when the war doesn't cost us $2t, people are going to remember that the next time you talk about the costs of a program you don't like."

According to Reuters, the Iraq War cost the U.S. at least $2.3 trillion.

Matt is going to be nuts on the next episode taped after this insane hire.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, and given the recent news, let's not forget one of Megan's worst pieces

https://www.thedailybeast.com/theres-little-we-can-do-to-prevent-another-massacre

Megan McGriddle posted:

I'd also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once. Would it work? Would people do it? I have no idea; all I can say is that both these things would be more effective than banning rifles with pistol grips.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lowtax is arguing with his wife about gun ownership on twitter

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lowtax is arguing with his wife about gun ownership on twitter

Maybe he can get divorced and get a settlement in his favor and save the forums

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Oh, and given the recent news, let's not forget one of Megan's worst pieces

https://www.thedailybeast.com/theres-little-we-can-do-to-prevent-another-massacre

"Would it work? Is it a good idea? Why try it at all? No idea. 200 thousand dollars please."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SoupyTwist posted:

If she was really NYT material she would have ended that tweet with “History has its eyes on you”

For History, A New Ocular Focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I promise that if I'm ever in the same room with McArdle and we're attacked by a gunman, I'll hurl her directly into the line of fire like she'd want me to do.