Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

a billion times zero, etc

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

tuscon task and resident boop seem like good peoples :unsmith:

-me, nobody

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

james nobody

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Skim Milk posted:

tuscon task and resident boop seem like good peoples :unsmith:

-me, nobody

:same:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I like the part of my life where I go out and party and everyone I meet is just as lovely as I am.

Apr 7, 2003

(I don't really like it.)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I like the part of my life where I go out and party and everyone I meet is just as lovely as I am.

isn't that called "college"

Apr 7, 2003

Nope, everyone my age is just as bad.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

indigi posted:

isn't that called "yospos"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

indigi posted:

isn't that called "college"

it's called the 2-1-9

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

you're alright tori

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
are there any winter Olympics events where you don't have to be kinda rich to develop competence let alone expertise? the only thing I can think of is distance skiing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: still online for work, so no fuckin' way am i going into the office tomorrow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
subnautica is very good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

subnautica is very good

i'm watching people play a game where they defuse bombs. one person sees the bomb, and the other person has the instructions. it's pretty neat

edit: now they're going to play subnautica

edit 2: or "fortnite", whatever that is

prefect fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 14, 2018

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

indigi posted:

are there any winter Olympics events where you don't have to be kinda rich to develop competence let alone expertise? the only thing I can think of is distance skiing

haha we were having this same chat at work today and yeah p. much every winter Olympic sport is rich kid bullshit

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

prefect posted:

i'm watching people play a game where they defuse bombs. one person sees the bomb, and the other person has the instructions. it's pretty neat

edit: now they're going to play subnautica

edit 2: or "fortnite", whatever that is

go off kings

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

go off kings

i'm never awake late enough to watch these things, so it's an interesting new experience

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
keep talking and nobody explodes, probably

anyways
curling has to be pretty cheap.
edge of a skating rink and some rocks and brooms

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i bet curlers get really pumped about being able to finally go big and afford that $579 set of shoes, not like they're poor, just

really i mean what could you spend money on there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
curling definitely strikes me as having a "bored out of your skull and dying of cabin fever" origin story

Improbable Lobster posted:

did you live in rural ontario or something because that's nowhere near The Discourse that i've heard

in fact i did

letterkenny is almost too close to home to watch

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

curling is goofy but surprisingly fun.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
downhill skiing and snowboarding are only crazy expensive if you're doing them a few days at a time. ski resorts are basically by definition in rural places where you can find cheap rent if you're staying a while. local passes are pretty cheap if you're going to ski 30+ days. good equipment isn't any more than a decent bike, and it lasts a long time if you take care of it. peak-season jobs are pretty plentiful and come with a lot of perks

so no, it's not track or soccer, but it's also not golf or tennis

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: still at it. i really hope these san changes are worth it :qq:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i cant believe my computer dumped me on valentines day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.pcgamesn.com/meg-turney-gavin-free-armed-fan holy poo poo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c latvia s: local politics are in full meltdonw mode over a proposal to build a daycare centre for the disabled in downtown of a rural town, rather than on its outskirts

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

man psychosis sucks

brains suck

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tho on a related note i semi-recently discovered gavin free’s slow mo guys channel and that is some good pre-bed watchin’

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

lol gamers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/sidneyfussell/status/963591665880649729

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

*slams a monster, chambers a round.

time to level up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

i cant believe my computer dumped me on valentines day

lol rekt

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ciaphas posted:

tho on a related note i semi-recently discovered gavin free’s slow mo guys channel and that is some good pre-bed watchin’
please do not recommend avenues for consuming video game watching as that is dangerously akin to recommending self harm which is probatable

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i'm confused. aren't the slo-mo guys the ones that record interesting things on a slow motion camera, or is that some other channel?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

President Beep posted:

i'm confused. aren't the slo-mo guys the ones that record interesting things on a slow motion camera, or is that some other channel?

Gavin Free is one half of the Slow Mo Guys, and was recently a victim of a home invasion. A fan broke in and presumably tried to kill him and rape his wife, only to fail and get killed by the police? boop

I read that <bullshit ahead>he dissuaded his wife from buying a gun even though she wanted to get one (he's not elegible through not being a US citizen)</more bullshit ahead> I don't know if any of that is true. Can't trust anything these days.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sagebrush posted:

letterkenny is almost too close to home to watch

having family from the prior and a couple of downhomers on her side made [the early, good sesons of] trailer park boys resonate pretty loudly, i really should see letterkenny sometime

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

flakeloaf posted:

having family from the prior and a couple of downhomers on her side made [the early, good sesons of] trailer park boys resonate pretty loudly, i really should see letterkenny sometime
I've only seen s1 and while it was a little rough around the edges in terms of plot/editing it was pretty good/funny and showed lots of promise

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I thought this New Yorker article on paper jams was p. deece.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/02/12/why-paper-jams-persist

E: Also, all the people interviewed for the story are probably laid-off by now since Xerox got bought. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

basically everyone in canada describes themselves in this way

as far as i can tell it translates to "sure, i have no problem with gays or blacks or indians as long as none of my money gets spent on them"

my canadian coworkers think pod save america is the highest level of discourse and has insightful and incisive commentary because "they don't pick sides man! left, right, they go after everyone!"