Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

it is really hard for me to express, in words, how viscerally repulsive that is. it is no longer possible to die. we are already in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They invented hell in each of the places it was invented to represent the feeling of being in debt up to your eyeballs

So a great percentage of Americans are in hell, yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oh god drat it

poo poo like this really makes me want to quit my job

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, don't they already do exactly this over in the emirates, saudi arabia, etc, and it's rife with abuse and slavery??

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

yeah, don't they already do exactly this over in the emirates, saudi arabia, etc, and it's rife with abuse and slavery??

they do. my uncle had an indian maid that lived in a 2 room guest house out back. he let her use the wifi and bought her a cheap laptop and she could video chat with her family back in india and that made her like queen poo poo of gently caress mountain among her maid friends, they'd all come over and use it to call their families for free. none of them were allowed to contact back home at their own houses and had to keep it a secret.

i remember the headlines when I was there were like "another 6 bangladeshi guest workers died in 125 degree heat, is bangladesh sending us their weak and infirm?"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what are you idiots getting so worked up about? it's a ridiculous thinkpiece by a couple of cretins, it's not something that's actually being considered by anyone

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 14, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

what are you idiots getting so worked up about? it's a ridiculous thinkpeice by a couple of cretins, it's not something that's actually being considered by anyone

if it’s been picked up by politico, then to me it’s getting mainstream attention that it shouldn’t be. it’s not the story itself, but the underlying social currents that let it bob to the surface.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also i like to flip out over poo poo on the internet.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

what are you idiots getting so worked up about? it's a ridiculous thinkpeice by a couple of cretins, it's not something that's actually being considered by anyone

Donald trump is president of the United States of America.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes, the government that has such a hardon for deporting people that it's sacrificing food security by removing all the migrant labour is going to allow joe bloggs citizen at large his own private h1b

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

trump uses a guest worker program for his resorts so

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yes, i do believe that the government would let rich people keep their own indentured servants from another country.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yes, the government that has such a hardon for deporting people that it's sacrificing food security by removing all the migrant labour is going to allow joe bloggs citizen at large his own private h1b

i get the feeling that while they don't want free people coming here they're 100% on board with importing slaves.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

trump pushes it as the path to "citizenship" that democrats want, democrats eagerly accept to appear like they're actually doing something on immigration, every news outlet ever runs stories about how amazingly the government just started working again and trump is some kind of brilliant beautiful daddy that the nation needed this whole time, trump is reelected for 4 more years

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

if it’s been picked up by politico, then to me it’s getting mainstream attention that it shouldn’t be. it’s not the story itself, but the underlying social currents that let it bob to the surface.

this is probably the best post you've ever made

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Midjack posted:

i get the feeling that while they don't want free people coming here they're 100% on board with importing slaves.

they explicitly don't want illegals, these people aren't illegal because it would be perfectly legal to own them and they could be sent back the moment they get even slightly uppity!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if we were to have a country-wide referendum that stated, literally, "should we allow illegal immigrants to be sold into slavery to pay for the border wall and our troops" I guarantee that fucker would get at least 30% yes and that's super depressing to think about

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ate all the Oreos posted:

if we were to have a country-wide referendum that stated, literally, "should we allow illegal immigrants to be sold into slavery to pay for the border wall and our troops" I guarantee that fucker would get at least 30% yes and that's super depressing to think about

i would be very not depressed to find out 70% of people are against this

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Elder Postsman posted:

Donald trump is president of the United States of America.

lmfao could you even imagine?

Whizbat!
Jan 22, 2004
Fun Shoe

politico.com posted:

a Fiverr for immigrants

can somebody stop the world, please?
i'd like to get off now.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it would be cool if whitehouse.gov did polls like this to inform policy and the only way you can vote is thru your fb account

and the individual results are public and there’s a comment section c’mon zuck make it happen

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it would be cool if whitehouse.gov did polls like this to inform policy and the only way you can vote is thru your fb account

and the individual results are public and there’s a comment section c’mon zuck make it happen

your current profile pic does not appear to contain a MAGA hat. Don’t worry, one is on the way!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

30% in favor, 30% opposed, 40% no opinion :smith:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

perhaps, in addition to Nazis, we should also punch slavers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that politico article posted:

(Sponsors under this program would be exempt from paying minimum wage.)

oh, there it is

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/datememe/status/963562844556967936

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

what are you idiots getting so worked up about? it's a ridiculous thinkpiece by a couple of cretins, it's not something that's actually being considered by anyone

if the piece is getting any play other than “look at what these loving slavers are trying to promote, the institutions with which they’re affiliated should disavow them,” then people should be worked up about it

pointing and laughing and saying “ha ha that’ll never happen, nobody wants that” stopped being reasonable on Election Day 2016

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

hypothesis: in the future, November 8, 2016 will be considered a much worse point in United States history than September 11, 2001

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

oh, there it is

well yeah, University of Chicago

that institution should be razed for being complicit in Pinochet’s crimes

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

eschaton posted:

hypothesis: in the future, November 8, 2016 will be considered a much worse point in United States history than September 11, 2001

I mean this works way better if you think of it as 11/9 being worse than 9/11

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
why are marketing people obsessed with the difference between ease and simplicity lately? and they always need to point out that their product has both? IT'S SIMPLE AND EASY! extra points when it's neither

like was there a ted talk or keynote at wharton or hbs or something

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

President Beep posted:

singapore, Malaysia, Thailand as well - if you are a 6.5figgy expat you probably have a filipina maid

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/Filipino-Maid.html

sortable by ethnicity of course and includes marriage status!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

singapore, Malaysia, Thailand as well - if you are a 6.5figgy expat you probably have a filipina maid

also hong kong, which actually has a separate (lower ofc) minimum wage and normal path to permanent residency doesn't apply for se asian domestic workers.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
yeah, get your own "helper" for like $600 USD a month who works 24/6.

and if you don't like them and fire them they have two weeks to find a job or they get deported.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why are marketing people obsessed with the difference between ease and simplicity lately? and they always need to point out that their product has both? IT'S SIMPLE AND EASY! extra points when it's neither

like was there a ted talk or keynote at wharton or hbs or something

running a marathon is simple but it's not easy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/Filipino-Maid.html

sortable by ethnicity of course and includes marriage status!

:stonk:

why are people so awful?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

this is probably the best post you've ever made

it’s what the drunks call “a moment of clarity”.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

eschaton posted:

post/name combo

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why are marketing people obsessed with the difference between ease and simplicity lately?
watched one too many Rich Hickey talks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ate all the Oreos posted:

they explicitly don't want illegals, these people aren't illegal because it would be perfectly legal to own them and they could be sent back the moment they get even slightly uppity!

a lot of hardcore Republicans don't want any at all but will grudgingly accept a stupidly long citizenship process if you pass a paper bag test