Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

BBC post-Legard commentary team best commentary team. It's a really low bar, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Re-watching the Austrian GP because it’s on Sky and Brundle is really really salty because the Force India guy told him he didn’t have the experience to know what he was talking about and it’s glorious

Edit: so far he’s called Max Jos and said Lewis is in a McLaren.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 13, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

Re-watching the Austrian GP because it’s on Sky and Brundle is really really salty because the Force India guy told him he didn’t have the experience to know what he was talking about and it’s glorious

Edit: so far he’s called Max Jos and said Lewis is in a McLaren.

Wouldn't Brundle be extra salty at that time since Palmer was about to be booted out of Renault?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Crofty rules simply because he read out one of my Ask Crofty tweets during FP3 a couple years ago!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

freeranger posted:

Crofty rules simply because he read out one of my Ask Crofty tweets during FP3 a couple years ago!

By that metric, isn't Ted the best?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth doesn't pick up after his dog when he's had a poo. Don't know if I can really associate with him anymore.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did you guys kiss

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Did you guys kiss

I wouldn't cheat on you baby

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats going on?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Whats going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My ex really likes that song

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Weird that she has such good taste in music but makes such terrible relationship decisions

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If your ex liked 4 non blondes then be thankful she's your ex.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

Whats going on?

Hory poo poo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

If your ex liked 4 non blondes then be thankful she's your ex.

If his ex liked 4 non blondes it might explain why she’s his ex

Also her music taste might have had something to do with it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gigi Galli posted:

Hory poo poo

Piss?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gently caress i need a race. So does this thread. Preferably one that Lance Stroll dies in.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Norns posted:

gently caress i need a race. So does this thread. Preferably one that Lance Stroll dies in.

We still have more than a month before Australia. We just have to stay strong.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Norns posted:

I don't want to see loving eulogizing of stroll, I hope he just fails unspectacularly and falls into obscurity.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Car unveiling soon!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
McLaren unveiling three days before testing, I hope they get their shakedown :ohdear:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That's a great song, gently caress you guys

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

So hotta here

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

McLaren unveiling three days before testing, I hope they get their shakedown :ohdear:

I'll be shaking something down at the sight of Alonso's beautiful face

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really shouldnt have drinked a bottle of vodka last night, i feel like death right now.

Hopefully Ferrari wins this season or 2018 is going to loving suck more than already has sucked.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If drinking is your solution to poor Ferrari performance then I'd start hunting for a new liver on ebay.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://as.com/motor/2018/02/12/formula_1/1518454243_058006.html

The new Ferrari engine is as powerfull as last year´s. The difference with Mercedes was like 15 hp, right? It last 7 races and it started at the third try

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Ferrari engine was probably as powerful as the merc engine out of sandbagging mode. There were two main issues with it.

1. Reliability, so they couldn’t run it at full power all the time.
2. The meaty bit between the wheel and seat kept crashing.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://as.com/motor/2018/02/12/formula_1/1518454243_058006.html

The new Ferrari engine is as powerfull as last year´s. The difference with Mercedes was like 15 hp, right? It last 7 races and it started at the third try

Producing an engine that is as fast as last season's is a bare minimum. Ferrari are pretty worried if they're trying to push this as a win of any kind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they were testing a engine who reached the 1000 hp, right? who knows what engine they started last week

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i really shouldnt have drinked a bottle of vodka last night, i feel like death right now.

Hopefully Ferrari wins this season or 2018 is going to loving suck more than already has sucked.

Switch to drinking motor oil. That's what makes mercedes winners.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrfart posted:

Switch to drinking motor oil. That's what makes mercedes winners.

banned this season

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-amazon-documentary-censored-brown-1004536/

quote:

Despite the original intention of Grand Prix Driver being to focus on Stoffel Vandoorne's rookie season in F1, Brown said there was no second thought to keeping the filming going when the back story of Honda's woes emerged.

so there's that theory pretty much confirmed

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

banned this season

There's another important thing banned this season, which is cooling of air intake for the engine. They now have to work off air that is no colder then 10 °C than athmosphere at the track, or something like that. Sounds minor, but hey.....

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

There's another important thing banned this season: GRID GIRLS

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Speaking of that, they should replace the Grid Girl in the Wind Tunnel in Hinwill....it looks fed-up

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

It last 7 races and it started at the third try
They don't have to push start it and pop the clutch like a Honda?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Haas looks...OK? Shame about the drivers.

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/963790294222344192

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Haas, more like aass am I rite folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:discourse: