Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a pie is a good guy with a pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Inescapable Duck posted:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a pie is a good guy with a pie.

Where does cake fit in confectionery arsenal?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Zil posted:

Where does cake fit in confectionery arsenal?

It depends on the filling. And whether there is fondant on it.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
plan b isnt an abortion pill weirdos

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I [33 F] am hurt my boyfriend [73 M] of 5 years wants to visit my hometown (New York City) with his daugher and granddaughter without me.

quote:

Please do not focus on our ages, no one is being used or manipulated - we met in a normal way and I have my own income etc etc.

For my adopted son [28] and my boyfriend’s granddaughter [22] university graduation - we had invited the two of them on an all expense paid trip in New York City. Granddaughter was excited however had always dreamed and planned to visit New York with her mother [52] - so she said she wouldn’t feel right going for the first time without her. Fair enough. My boyfriend then offered to pay for the two of them to go. We then find out that the granddaughter wants the three of them to go together (thereby leaving my stepson and myself out).

This part doesn’t upset me. What upsets me is that my boyfriend didn’t respond with something along the lines of: “that’s where she grew up and I really want her with me the first time I visit NYC” - his response was - “great I get to go to NYS twice this year” we are going to Niagara Falls on a separate trip.

I know this may seem petty - but to be clear - we all get along - in fact both his adult daughters and all the grandkids are going on a week long camping trip this summer with me and my kids. So I think it’s more just to have a “family” experience - which I am fine with his daughter and granddaughter wanting to share that - but I want him to say anywhere but NYS. How do I stop this from hurting me?

tl;dr: Please don’t focus on our ages. We are a very happy and normal couple. I [33 F] am hurt my boyfriend [73 M] of 5 years wants to visit my hometown (New York City) with his daugher and granddaughter without me. How do I stop this from hurting me?

quote:

First question: how in the world can you, a 33 year old female, have a 28 year old adopted son??

quote:

Lol - is complicated - he’s the son I acquired - I was married to his dad (also older than me) and I kept him in the divorce.

:shepface: I've got nothing

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:psyduck:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Danaru posted:

fuckin lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is just a huge pile of daddy issues.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Finally, something crazier than the clown gang.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Although, to be a deep hypocrite;

quote:

No, this kid in the backseat is sniper goddamn elite and can throw a pie like 20-30 feet with near perfect accuracy. They don't get out of the car at all.

Full on drive-by clowning.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm gonna need to see a video of pie sniper

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm gonna need to see a video of pie sniper

The Zapieder Tapes

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Danaru posted:

I [33 F] am hurt my boyfriend [73 M] of 5 years wants to visit my hometown (New York City) with his daugher and granddaughter without me.

Patiently waiting for the sequel when she [33F] has a problem with her adopted daughter [52F] after the divorce.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

quote:

Please do not focus on our ages, no one is being used or manipulated - we met in a normal way and I have my own income etc etc.

No, no let’s focus on the ages.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Every time somebody issues a disclaimer like this

quote:

You know it's exactly what you should be focusing on.

What the hell!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Even if you do as she says and put the ages aside, it's a totally petty and stupid issue. ~I want my boyfriend's first time in New York City to be with me~

Who cares!!

Here's a nice wholesome one:

Teacher won't accept project I [15M] did because my mom [43F] pathologist and thinks I got help on it.

quote:

I have been looking around on the internet for an hour or so to ask this. I have came across this place. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question like this, but if not please tell me where. I don't exactly know what to do right now. My mom won't be home for another hour.

I did a project for my biology class and the teacher won't accept it. Her logic is that I must have gotten my parents help because of the terms used in the writing. These exact terms are in the text book. All you have to do is flip to the back of the book and it's there. It's like a miniature dictionary. Everything I got was in the book. I marked it and wrote it down on my source page. She wants me to do it again, and I honestly refuse because I did nothing wrong. What do I do in this situation?

TL;DR: Biology teacher won't accept project because she thinks I got help from my mom. Everything I got from the book and have it written down as sources, and she won't accept it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

"I'm going to talk mom any minute now. She's just taking a shower right now while I did homework. The thing that really pisses me off is I know of a student who got a decent grade on it for calling an Adams Apple, throat thing. gently caress me for actually looking for correct terms."

Holy poo poo this one is great

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend[27M] of 2 years; broke my laptop and won't replace it unless it's with a non-Apple model.Relationships (self.relationships)

I support this man in spirit if perhaps not in deed

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

As an IT guy who works with Apple products, I-

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Danaru posted:

so uh when did the first divorce happen

'Cause I'm lolling at the idea of a 25-year-old wife taking her fully-grown adult 20-year-old stepson in a divorce, but I'm lolling at the idea of an 18-year-old sugar baby taking her 13-year-old actual-child stepson in a divorce even more

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

"I'm going to talk mom any minute now. She's just taking a shower right now while I did homework. The thing that really pisses me off is I know of a student who got a decent grade on it for calling an Adams Apple, throat thing. gently caress me for actually looking for correct terms."

Holy poo poo this one is great

The most petty teacher thing I've encountered was my brother being denied full score on a biology test because he wrote something like "roots" instead of "a root" on a diagram of a plant, because there's only one arrow pointing at a root, see? That was in elementary school, which is where the trash teachers go, sure. But imagine being the kind of person who digs that deep just to find an excuse because they don't want to admit a child did something perfectly.

Remember kids, you have to go for mediocrity or the mediocre will come for you.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

maskenfreiheit posted:

Like 3x a daily dose is the abortion pill.

You mean the morning after pill. Morning after pills are otc and they do not cause abortions. The morning after pill only works if you take it before getting pregnant. Abortion pills are not available over the counter.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BioMe posted:

The most petty teacher thing I've encountered was my brother being denied full score on a biology test because he wrote something like "roots" instead of "a root" on a diagram of a plant, because there's only one arrow pointing at a root, see? That was in elementary school, which is where the trash teachers go, sure. But imagine being the kind of person who digs that deep just to find an excuse because they don't want to admit a child did something perfectly.

Remember kids, you have to go for mediocrity or the mediocre will come for you.

I remember being an extremely bitter middle schooler when I didn't get an A on a trifold poster project despite the fact that the teacher couldn't point out anything I'd done wrong

This is a history class, I filled this large loving piece of cardboard up with information on Olympic sprinter Jesse Owens, just like you asked, and you're gonna give me a B because some other kid made theirs look prettier? Don't make me flip my one-piece chair/desk thing :mad:

e: also geometry proofs I would get back with "-2" written on them in red pen and nothing else, no further annotations whatsoever

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

throat thing

MODS NAME CHANGE

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I once got marked down in middle school for a report on Greek mythology, and because I was a massive nerd who had ALL the books and Eyewitness videos on Egyptian, Roman, Greek, Celtic, etc. mythology and I KNEW I was right, I went and scoured them all, collated a massive list of sources backing up my answer, and brought it in to my teacher the next morning. She grudgingly admitted I was "technically" right but wouldn't change my grade. Listen lady I don't know what pansy-rear end book you got your poo poo from but Athena was the goddess of wisdom and goddamm war, not poetry.

That's about when I started giving up on middle school and simply started taking Asimov books to read in the back of classes I didn't care about.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i can't stop getting boners around my crush

OP posted:

i'm in a 2-person play so of course my brain decides to develop a crush on the other actor so now every loving rehearsal is an exercise in minimizing the frequency and severity of my boners. cut to today when, in the middle of a dramatic scene, she loving winks at me mid-chub while her back is turned to the director

quote:

uh this guy got a boner on our first date and he told me like a week later about it and then he told me his strategy to get rid of it (unsolicited but like maybe it'll be useful to you lmao) tense up your thighs so the blood goes there instead

OP posted:

i'm already doing that, thanks tho

quote:

When you get one put both of your thumbs in your waist band right above the pockets and then let your hands hang down with your index fingers pointing naturally at your boner. She’ll get the point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palpek posted:

Dammit, Joey, what would Dr. Drake Remora do?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Have none of these young men ever heard of the ol' "tuck-n-cinch"?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Hard to accomplish mid scene

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[NJ] My Dad submitted a story I wrote to a contest without my permission, refuses to give me the prize money.
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

I'm 18, if that matters. I wrote a story a few months ago and I showed it to my Dad. He thought it was really great and told me that I should submit it to this contest. I wasn't really that confident in the story so I told him I'd rather not. He went behind my back and submitted it the contest and he told me that it won $1000! I was so excited about the things I could do with the money. He told me (very happy about this too) that since he submitted it and said the story was his, that it's his money and it's finders keepers and all that.

I'm really upset about this and I feel like he stole from me. I wrote the story, he didn't do anything to it or help with it, why should he get to keep the money? Is there anything I can do or should I just not bother because it's a waste of my time?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hard to accomplish mid scene

A truly talented actor would make the audience think "I totally believe this performance because I too have to tuck and cinch at times"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palpek posted:

Get on all fours and scamper out of the room, meowing like a cat.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

maskenfreiheit posted:

[NJ] My Dad submitted a story I wrote to a contest without my permission, refuses to give me the prize money.
(self.legaladvice)

They should notify the contest runners. I would think they'd take that poo poo seriously.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

(self.legaladvice)

Is plagiarism literally a crime because it seems like it should be when money is involved

They could at least make this a lawsuit but I dunno if it's worth it for only $1000

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

loquacius posted:

Is plagiarism literally a crime because it seems like it should be when money is involved

They could at least make this a lawsuit but I dunno if it's worth it for only $1000

I thought the US made it legal to sue for several thousand trillion dollars if you feel that your copyright is being infringed upon after the RIAA greased a few wheels back in the Napster days? :D

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

I thought the US made it legal to sue for several thousand trillion dollars if you feel that your copyright is being infringed upon after the RIAA greased a few wheels back in the Napster days? :D

If the redditor had thought to get a legal copyright on a random story they left in their dad's house, then yeah they're free to demand tons of money from him that he doesn't have

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
My guess is that the dad won nothing and made up a stupid lie turn encourage his kid, but didn't really think it through.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's not how copyright works and it doesn't say he "left it at his dad's house"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

loquacius posted:

In general it’s a civil offense unless it’s something egregious like setting up a fake Rolex factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eezee posted:

My guess is that the dad won nothing and made up a stupid lie turn encourage his kid, but didn't really think it through.

Thats what I was thinking