Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Samuringa posted:

Are you loving kidding me? How the hell do I do that and why wasn't it in the tutorial?

edit: I do love the mental image of the client having his Hostess swapped

- Mega-rich client comes in and demands Yuki
- Yuki is already on another table with a Wealthy person
- Select the Wealthy table and pick any of your spare hostesses
- Send Yuki to the mega-rich table
- Hit Sunshine Time and hope the Wealthy table goes into fever

I believe mega-rich people are the only ones who request hostesses by name, instead of just wanting a particular quality. Also, I've found that skills are way more important than looks. If someone wants a beautiful talker, they'll be happier with a cute talker than a beautiful partier, if that makes sense.

Cabaret Club isn't like the Real Estate game where you just pour money in, there are a bunch of ways to optimize that the tutorial doesn't mention at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea she's legitimately the best gold hostess. the side quest hostesses are generally better than the generic ones, but that one was always the most useful for me

She's only good at one thing (she's actually not bad for Party, but that's not why you use her), but she's super-good at it and the returns to being all-in on what the client wants are high.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rented SotC new to the game and it's pretty great, not quite sure I'd be thinking of it as one fo the greatest of all time if it didn't come with that reputation but I'm not arguing against it. Only thing with a game that looks this good is the pop-in of the last layer of detail on the grass in some spots is so noticeable. Unnecessary too, if I was testing this I'd have said just like, don't do that last pass on it, it looks fine before the pop-in. Only finished ten colossi but I'll definitely finish it off as soon as I have time.

I've been getting a ton of free Redbox game rental codes I was never seeing before I rented a game for the first time a few months ago, try it out if you're into that. Caveat is other than SotC where I might've been the first person to touch this disc a lot of them were pretty dinged up and failed three or four times during the install process (always worked eventually though).

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fame Douglas posted:

Unless you think modern Germany is using a Nazi insignia for its armed forces, it's not "Nazi imagery".

Did you edit that quote? It's not part of the linked Wikipedia article. Pretty sure the Iron Cross is not prohibited in any way in Germany.

I don't want to continue this derail, because it's dumb, but if you don't think what I quoted is in the article, then you clearly didn't even open the page, because, *again* it's literally the first sentence of the Wiki.

The stuff after the quote isn't from the Wiki, it's from first-hand knowledge and research.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

I don't want to continue this derail, because it's dumb, but if you don't think what I quoted is in the article, then you clearly didn't even open the page, because, *again* it's literally the first sentence of the Wiki.

The stuff after the Wiki isn't from the Wiki, it's from first-hand knowledge and research.

That's what I was referring to. You were trying to pass off your own bullshit addition as being part of the Wiki quote.

Your "first-hand knowledge and research" is wrong then, the Iron Cross isn't banned (except for the Nazi insignia version that includes a swastika).

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fame Douglas posted:

That's what I was referring to. You were trying to pass off your own bullshit addition as being part of the Wiki quote.

Your "first-hand knowledge and research" is wrong then, the Iron Cross isn't banned (except for the Nazi insignia version that includes a swastika).

gently caress, you're dense as poo poo.

I guess you think that the swastika is a Buddhist symbol too, huh?

Imagery and meanings of things change, my dude. Face facts that the iron cross is considered racist/nazi imagery. If you showed an iron cross to someone who knows even a little about history, they'll equate it with Nazi Germany, because that's where it's use was popularized. Swastika or not in the center - doesn't matter - the average person will see Nazi imagery.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Zipperelli. posted:

gently caress, you're dense as poo poo.

I guess you think that the swastika is a Buddhist symbol too, huh?

Imagery and meanings of things change, my dude. Face facts that the iron cross is considered racist/nazi imagery. If you showed an iron cross to someone who knows even a little about history, they'll equate it with Nazi Germany, because that's where it's use was popularized. Swastika or not in the center - doesn't matter - the average person will see Nazi imagery.

You're wrong though hth :tipshat:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hey, German here, the Iron Cross Medal isn't considered nazi imagery or illegal. You can buy replicas and there are still statues and it's part of heraldric stuff.

We are pretty adamant about nazi imagery and wearing it openly is a felony which can result in prison
Hope this kills that stupid derail

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
nvm

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Sony PlayStation 4: We Did Knack-see That Derail Coming

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Hey, German here, the Iron Cross Medal isn't considered nazi imagery or illegal. You can buy replicas and there are still statues and it's part of heraldric stuff.

We are pretty adamant about nazi imagery and wearing it openly is a felony which can result in prison
Hope this kills that stupid derail

What about that crazy SS skull thing is that cool?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
In the UK we don't consider the iron cross a part of Nazi symbolism at all. In fact it was probably sanitized and 'okayed' by people like Lemmy Kilmister who wore it during his performances. When we see the iron cross we're reminded of things like that and not at all of nazism. The swastika is another thing entirely. Only an idiot would say with a straight face 'that makes me think of buddhist symbol of peace first'

I'm fairly sure the modern German army actually still uses the iron cross as their logo.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Someone even posted a picture of the cross on Merkel's plane.

Zip you're getting offended on behalf of people who do not give a poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Getting offended on the behalf of others is how you get Woke points on twitter

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I thought that getting offended with everything was a 2017 thing. Seems that killing Trump followers and nazi symbols are still effective. Far Cry 5 looking more fun now.

revolther
May 27, 2008
In America, iron crosses have racist connotations because of their appropriation by racist organizations and casually racist consumers.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Free Overwatch Weekend starts Friday for Plus Members.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guillermus posted:

I thought that getting offended with everything was a 2017 thing. Seems that killing Trump followers and nazi symbols are still effective. Far Cry 5 looking more fun now.

See in far cry 5 you kill fundi type right wingers instead of alt right chuds and that makes morons mad because they feel cheated or something. Game looks cool as does kill Americans David koresh Isis with some prepper poo poo thrown in.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

The stuff after the quote isn't from the Wiki, it's from first-hand knowledge and research.

[citation needed]

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

revolther posted:

In America, iron crosses have racist connotations because of their appropriation by racist organizations and casually racist consumers.

America has a serious problem with racism in general, even cartoon frogs get misappropriated

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I still don't get the Pepe stuff. I thought Boy's Club was a pretty funny comic. It feels like Alt-Comedy got appropriated by Alt-Right. Like a type of comedy was unleashed in the early 2000s that morphed into some confused ideology/political movement.

I'm curious about Far Cry 5. I really liked 3 and 4. Didn't touch Primal cause the setting didn't appeal to me. I'll most likely wait until the first price drop.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have only ever played Blood Dragon and it loving owns this is the only one that has ever sounded interesting to me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Far Cry 3 had one of the worst video game stories I can remember and I'm not even sure what the story was in 4 (I think you could pick which side you wanted to support or something? But they were all bad and the ending didn't explain anything?) so I'm not expecting to get much in that department from 5 either

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Housh posted:

I still don't get the Pepe stuff. I thought Boy's Club was a pretty funny comic. It feels like Alt-Comedy got appropriated by Alt-Right. Like a type of comedy was unleashed in the early 2000s that morphed into some confused ideology/political movement.

I'm curious about Far Cry 5. I really liked 3 and 4. Didn't touch Primal cause the setting didn't appeal to me. I'll most likely wait until the first price drop.

Internet ironic culture got toxic basically, read the cspam and gbs alt right mock threads to get a better. I am getting five a a Christmas present from my friend so I am lucky I guess. 3 and 4 were good and fun but gently caress the insta failure stealth sequence poo poo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BrainParasite posted:

Free Overwatch Weekend starts Friday for Plus Members.

Wait, I don't get it, are there Iron Crosses in Overwatch :confused:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reinhardt? More like... Breitbardt

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I bought FC: Primal when it was real cheap a while ago because I thought it had dinosaurs.

it does not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

I bought FC: Primal when it was real cheap a while ago because I thought it had dinosaurs.

it does not.

Ubisoft has this weird mantra about its settings where things cant be too fantastical unless its got a scifi explanation, or its in the matrix or a drug trip or the game is a comedy.
Its kinda weird but i guess they have their market research gurus telling them their niche.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Stevie Lee posted:

it does not.

Another reason Blood Dragon was the best modern Far Cry.

I must say, however, that Far Cry 2 was the best Far Cry game (and Far Cry original/instincts were pretty good too)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ElwoodCuse posted:

Far Cry 3 had one of the worst video game stories I can remember and I'm not even sure what the story was in 4 (I think you could pick which side you wanted to support or something? But they were all bad and the ending didn't explain anything?) so I'm not expecting to get much in that department from 5 either

Far Cry 3 is white dude fighting natives and 4 is native fighting a white dude

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Wait, I don't get it, are there Iron Crosses in Overwatch :confused:

Yes, but it's also free so it's full of Cultural Marxism.

QED the Overwatch free weekend is NazBol.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All this negativity on Valentines Day, c’mon people.

Check out who’s got an awesome gf who buys the best gifts:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice dog snout

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

1redflag posted:

Another reason Blood Dragon was the best modern Far Cry.

I must say, however, that Far Cry 2 was the best Far Cry game (and Far Cry original/instincts were pretty good too)

Far Cry 2 was fantastic. It’s flawed, but it’s one of my favorite games of all time. The chaos you could bring was so satisfying, and I loved the weapon degradation. The first time my RPG just farted out a rocket that then kicked on and skidded around the ground, setting fires before it exploded... man, that ruled.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Finished SOTC last night. Great game, I see why it's stuck with people.

Unfortunately the last colossus was the only one that genuinely annoyed me. It was a great concept with great music and atmosphere, but it also highlighted pretty much every criticism I could have with the game - Wander taking forever to stand up after getting knocked down, the camera doing its own thing, the loose jumping controls, occasionally abstruse indications of what to do against the colossi (figuring out how to get off the hand took me forever).

Still other than that, a fantastic experience. And for that one dud of a colossus, there's a lot of very clever ones throughout the game. I said before that I liked the idea behind the colossus that hates fire, but I had to look up a hint to figure out what I actually had to do; the colossus in the ruins with the pillars was a nice variation of that, and it was a lot easier to figure out what I had to do there (it helped that the solution to that one, making it knock stuff off ledges to break its armor, was what I already tried to do with the fire one). There were a lot of those great "Oh, I need to do that!" moments throughout the game, followed immediately by "I can't believe that actually worked."

Also Mono and Agro lived. :unsmith:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Forgot about the card:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Forgot about the card:

:eyepop: 😍😭

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Real hurthling! posted:

Nice dog snout

Thanks. The gift was actually the controller though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Far Cry 3 is white dude fighting natives and 4 is native fighting a white dude

fc 3 was white dipshit fighting for the natives(who gaslit the gently caress out of him to make him think he was a superman) against criminal pirates and mercs. and 4 is some dude coming back to bury his mom in his country run by a hong kong ex crime lord turned self impointed king.

Forgot about the card:

awww.

All this negativity on Valentines Day, c’mon people.

Check out who’s got an awesome gf who buys the best gifts:

thats nice. my gf got me a furret plush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Dapper_Swindler posted:

fc 3 was white dipshit fighting for the natives(who gaslit the gently caress out of him to make him think he was a superman) against criminal pirates and mercs. and 4 is some dude coming back to bury his mom in his country run by a hong kong ex crime lord turned self impointed king.

Was 3 the one with the tattoo that gave you powers or something? I don't remember anything about the story :shrug: