Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sazabi posted:

What? Was this after his trip to Japan? Or did this come up from his past because of his trip to Japan. Also why? How can you even form the thought "I'd like to tazer something, I bet a dead rat will be fun to tazer". And not already be a psychopath who kills people. No one in the room challenged him when he suggested they taze a dead rat, and collect evidence of them taking a dead rat. Or was he unsupervised that day and is literally retarded with some horrible ADHD syndrom.

Yeah, this was after that. At best, he's got a terminal case of attention-seeking and will do literally anything to get views and ad revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Most of these YT dudes don't really learn from their mistakes disgusting videos that backfire on them, they just double down because a good chunk of their audience wants that poo poo and usually Youtube does nothing anyway.

YT did something this time.

Also that dude has probably flayed one or two dead animals before in his life.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Better than flaying live ones

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Torturing animals as a chid or young adult is the #1 red flag indicator for sociopathy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The fact they just demonetize him and not flat out delete his channel is loving telling. So the guy can continue peddling his wares to his viewers and make money off it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you've never seen Logan Paul's Aokigahara video, it's been re-uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKIzUW8mwM

There's absolutely no way he didn't know what he was doing. He opens up by putting on his alien hat and joking about the "Suicide Forest" nickname. He was absolutely prepared to find some dead bodies for the sake of clicks.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Leal posted:

The fact they just demonetize him and not flat out delete his channel is loving telling. So the guy can continue peddling his wares to his viewers and make money off it.

the real reason in short is that the latter is a lot more likely to get civil complaints launched, and it's a lot harder to defend against those civil complaints than it is against demonetization civil complaints

it's poo poo but there you go

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did the Capcom guys set out to design the perfect men drinkin' coffee let's play experience when they created hobo uncle bug eating wrasslin' simulator

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who and what?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dabir posted:

Who and what?

This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXjXLg3Yqk

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Them coffee boys knows what's up

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is not looking in the direction where the game wants you to a running joke of theirs or just a bad habit?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
It’s difficult to note that stuff when you’re playing and talking. Plus, it’s a swamp.

Though the game did helpfully outline for us “right” from “left” on the corpse punching bag in the beginning.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 14, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Responding to troll comments and then reporting them is fun because they get a notification about my reply and can read it but cannot respond to it because theirs at the top of the chain was removed

edit: Naturally, I will use this power to make the lamest burns ever on people in the hopes that someday someone will dox me and I can get e-famous because I made a joke about their mom

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 15, 2018

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What was that dude's beef with you? Was it because you said The Surge is better than Dark Souls? Because if that's the case, dude might be surprised to discover that water is wet and fire is hot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dunno, it was a comment on the Celeste stream. yknow, the same one that attracted a guy who bashed me for playing a 'girly fag game' instead of continuing to speedrun 'manly cool games' like Max Payne 3, and also shilling his mp3 cheat engine trainer

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dude not cool doing that to my parachute account and putting me on blast like that in the thread.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Responding to troll comments and then reporting them is fun because they get a notification about my reply and can read it but cannot respond to it because theirs at the top of the chain was removed

edit: Naturally, I will use this power to make the lamest burns ever on people in the hopes that someday someone will dox me and I can get e-famous because I made a joke about their mom

good to know "your mom" jokes are still in in 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You bet they are my man

edit: I didn't know calling people retarded was either but well here we are

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
you know i was always disappointed that when the terms "gay" and "retarded" died for being terrible insults, the word "lamesauce" was caught in the wreckage as well. we should use "lamesauce" more since its actually quite good and shouldnt have died

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
lamesauce is pretty milquetoast imo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Suspicious Dish posted:

you know i was always disappointed that when the terms "gay" and "retarded" died for being terrible insults, the word "lamesauce" was caught in the wreckage as well. we should use "lamesauce" more since its actually quite good and shouldnt have died

It's dumb because lame people can make some really good sauce!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i really don't see the point in engaging people like that. saying literally anything to them just encourages them to be more aggressive because by the time they are going off on stuff like that they have already reduced you to a subhuman other in their own mind. you're just going to cause more negativity to show up in the future before you're eventually forced to ban them from the channel because you have better things to do than babysit their horseshit.

even trying to just talk to them civilly doesn't work because they tend to feel like they're winning by making you grovel. the most notable example of this to my experience is when lunethex and i did the vermintide series, one dude from reddit made this crazy 180 from interested to virulent hater over the course of 2 weapon videos we did. when i tried to ask him why he responded with a barely-readable screed about mechanics and frame priority and demanded we make an apology video for how wrong we were.

i'm abbreviating quite a bit since this particular exchange went on for a few days, but if someone is treating you like a subhuman other, that's because you are in their mind. just get rid of them and let them go make their own videos with blackjack and hookers.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

It's dumb because lame people can make some really good sauce!

i'm not saying the person is lame, i'm saying the sauce is lame. for making the opposite statement, consider using "awesomesauce".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Coolguye posted:

i really don't see the point in engaging people like that. saying literally anything to them just encourages them to be more aggressive because by the time they are going off on stuff like that they have already reduced you to a subhuman other in their own mind. you're just going to cause more negativity to show up in the future before you're eventually forced to ban them from the channel because you have better things to do than babysit their horseshit.

even trying to just talk to them civilly doesn't work because they tend to feel like they're winning by making you grovel. the most notable example of this to my experience is when lunethex and i did the vermintide series, one dude from reddit made this crazy 180 from interested to virulent hater over the course of 2 weapon videos we did. when i tried to ask him why he responded with a barely-readable screed about mechanics and frame priority and demanded we make an apology video for how wrong we were.

i'm abbreviating quite a bit since this particular exchange went on for a few days, but if someone is treating you like a subhuman other, that's because you are in their mind. just get rid of them and let them go make their own videos with blackjack and hookers.

Well, the thing is, I could not possibly care about them or their opinion of me, and now they can't post on my youtube channel anymore, so I can continue not to care AND I implied I have a personal relationship with their mother

edit: If ThatTastedPurple comes back with an alternate account and continues to call me retarded then I'll just remove the comment without making a joke at his expense first, but for now I feel no shame.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 15, 2018

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I miss the tender torture years ago on youtube when there wasn't really anything you could do about negative comments, but in this golden age you can easily delete unwanted comments or pin them at the top for self loathing.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I had a guy mad about me talking in videos. In LP videos :v:
I just muted the oval office

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly my only regret is that I said that I get 21,000 views but 21,001 fans, implying his mother doesn't watch my channel. I'm sure she does, I'll ask her about it next time I see her.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ah, so you already banned them from your channel? that makes a bit more sense then, since that's sometimes what these things culminate in. simply reporting their comment doesn't ban them, fwiw, it is basically like a report in DOTA where it goes into a special queue that is completely ignored unless there's a huge number of reports against a single person.

but if you banned them after you reported them then that's just for him

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I had a guy who went the extra step of disliking every one of my videos, and leaving wonderful comments like these:

And then immediately deleting them like a coward so that I would still get the notifications, but there would be nothing there for me to report, block, or even reply to so I had to track the fucker down manually in order to ban him.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm now greatly upset I've never gotten someone really angry over one of my Let's Plays.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Mega64 posted:

I'm now greatly upset I've never gotten someone really angry over one of my Let's Plays.

I'm still salty over the hm:mm LP, if that makes you feel better?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I just got someone posting at least one comment a day asking me to LP Prince of Persia: Rival Swords. At least, I think that's what he was asking, as best I could interpret what Google Translate pegged as Hindi. I replied with Google's translation of "no" at first, until I woke up to five messages in one night: Two on the order of "I like your channel", one "this game is boring do the next game", one "rival swords is a much better game" and one that was something about free keys - possibly offering to buy me the game if I didn't own it, possibly asking for one? That was when I discovered that muting someone doesn't delete their comments and you have to delete each one manually. I have no idea why about 2/3 of the people who comment on my videos do. But I don't think I've ever drawn ire that went beyond a quick block and delete.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Earnestly posted:

I'm still salty over the hm:mm LP, if that makes you feel better?

Much.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
My high point in trolling was one guy who would be the first comment in all of my threads who would just say "Oh great, another Niggurath LP" and that would be the only thing they said.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mega64 posted:

The really funny thing is that the genesis of this month-long stream of irrational anger appears to be the LP I did of Ace Combat 6. The first thing I did was call the game "dumb".

I sent a person into a frothing, protracted rage by gently insulting a mildly popular fighter jet game with a script of dubious quality that I myself in fact enjoy immensely. The internet is a hilarious and stupid place.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

nine-gear crow posted:

The really funny thing is that the genesis of this month-long stream of irrational anger appears to be the LP I did of Ace Combat 6. The first thing I did was call the game "dumb".

I sent a person into a frothing, protracted rage by gently insulting a mildly popular fighter jet game with a script of dubious quality that I myself in fact enjoy immensely. The internet is a hilarious and stupid place.

Tell me you told him to go dance with the angels.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fedule posted:

Tell me you told him to go dance with the angels.

If I was thinking clearer at the time, I probably would have.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Did a swamp man just clown on a bunch of RE monsters with just his fists and some sharpened bits of wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

nine-gear crow posted:

Also a certain psp game a lot of people got mad about around April.