Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

I wonder what the expedition captain thought when she was watching her deceased best friend's daughter pull tape off wrong.

Also, why is this moe-bait show so drat good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's not about the moe. It's about 4 girls finding a sense of purpose. The fact that they're cute (and sometimes very dumb, which doesn't detract from the cuteness :allears:) is just a bonus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pigasus posted:

I wonder what the expedition captain thought when she was watching her deceased best friend's daughter pull tape off wrong.

Also, why is this moe-bait show so drat good?

'cause its not a moe-bait show is a comedy/drama about four girls finding motivation and purpose

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crain posted:

The gently caress you get those from? That's some high frame rate.

Just random stuff i found on tumblr, looks like those are both from this person

also

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I cannot wait for Shirase to see a penguin for realsies. I've have no idea how she's gonna react; laugh, cry or stunned, but I know it'll be priceless regardless given all the build up. It'll be especially fun if it happens while someone is filming her.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

tsob posted:

I cannot wait for Shirase to see a penguin for realsies. I've have no idea how she's gonna react; laugh, cry or stunned, but I know it'll be priceless regardless given all the build up. It'll be especially fun if it happens while someone is filming her.

Penguins smell terrible in real life, so I expect some vomiting.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Penguins smell terrible in real life, so I expect some vomiting.

Ah, but she was the one most ready to warm up to the durian. Foreshadowing . . .

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
How would people feel about a second season that tells more of the story of the first expedition? Granted this is a little premature because we're not sure how much of that expedition we'll see in flashbacks in the remaining episodes, but it was just something going through my mind as I rewatched the most recent episode. It would also most certainly end on a major downer. But I really like the adults' characters, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them and especially more Takako.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

What adults? There's a bunch of really old children but...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
"That was well said."

"Where are you going?"

"To the toilet."

Love these goofs.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Good episode, and I'm glad we're speeding ahead to get to Antarctica quickly.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
In this episode, Kimari's relentless optimism overcomes its toughest challenge yet (her relentless puking.)

Good jokes too. I liked Shiraishi and Shirase solving the mystery of Kimari's hair, and the quick cut to Rin sneezing.

Above all it really captured the "holy poo poo, I'm actually doing this" feeling. Familiar, perhaps, even if your big event wasn't a trip to Antartica.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fangz posted:

"That was well said."

"Where are you going?"

"To the toilet."

Love these goofs.

That was so good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Solid episode, though it maybe felt a little rote compared to some of the others for me.

gently caress the ocean, tho

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I want one of these jackets. Somebody make it happen.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Has there been any update about how many cours this is supposed to be? I don't want it to end. :ohdear:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gmq posted:

Has there been any update about how many cours this is supposed to be? I don't want it to end. :ohdear:

Pretty sure it’s just one cour. That’s what it seems to be paced for.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Solid episode, though it maybe felt a little rote compared to some of the others for me.

gently caress the ocean, tho

I assume this episode was a quick breather episode before we go full into dealing with Shirase's mother next week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Pretty sure it’s just one cour. That’s what it seems to be paced for.

Yeah, although I feel like I saw somewhere that it's 13 eps rather than the more common 12.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

It is, episode 13 is the season finale on March 20 😢

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:rip: The main cast, lost at sea after they became delirious from sea sickness and went on top deck during bad ocean conditions.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

paragon1 posted:

:rip: The main cast, lost at sea after they became delirious from sea sickness and went on top deck during bad ocean conditions.

That scene made me very nervous.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Viridiant posted:

Me too, I was giving it a decidedly non-zero chance of going disastrously wrong when it started.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Viridiant posted:

Same here. I thought the least that would happen is that they'd get yelled at for leaving the door (hatch?) open behind them, and letting the sea water in.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Oh hey, they are talking about stuff on the boat, I wonder if there is anything that looks like Seabird equipment.....

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo I know all about that. I worked at Seabird Electronics for a number of years in their calibration department. Whatever real image they used for that shot was on my desk at some point.

:science:
That my friends, is a SBE 55 ECO water sampler. The grey bottles along the outer edges are open at the top when the thing gets dunked into the water, and as it lowers, the SBE 26 in the back center keeps VERY accurate pressure data (%0.01 of whatever its range is, which varies from 20 meters to 10,000 meters). When the preprogrammed depths are reached, a latch assembly positioned under that center ring will activate and release the cables holding the bottles open, which seals them. This lets scientists get sealed water samples from various depths for physical study. The white plastic sensor on the right is an SBE 19, which has it's own pressure sensor and conductivity sensor, and works as a brain for any auxiliary sensors which would directly measure temperature, pH levels , and others throughout the whole cast.

This is so cool. :haw:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Daedalus1134 posted:

Holy poo poo I know all about that. I worked at Seabird Electronics for a number of years in their calibration department. Whatever real image they used for that shot was on my desk at some point.

That was cool as gently caress, thank you!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Daedalus1134 posted:

Oh hey, they are talking about stuff on the boat, I wonder if there is anything that looks like Seabird equipment.....

:aaaaa:

:science:
That my friends, is a SBE 55 ECO water sampler. The grey bottles along the outer edges are open at the top when the thing gets dunked into the water, and as it lowers, the SBE 26 in the back center keeps VERY accurate pressure data (%0.01 of whatever its range is, which varies from 20 meters to 10,000 meters). When the preprogrammed depths are reached, a latch assembly positioned under that center ring will activate and release the cables holding the bottles open, which seals them. This lets scientists get sealed water samples from various depths for physical study. The white plastic sensor on the right is an SBE 19, which has it's own pressure sensor and conductivity sensor, and works as a brain for any auxiliary sensors which would directly measure temperature, pH levels , and others throughout the whole cast.

This is so cool. :haw:

Was your smile as natural and carefree as Shirase's when you were working on it?

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

a kitten posted:

Was your smile as natural and carefree as Shirase's when you were working on it?

Right up to the point when we got bought out by Danaher. Nothing kills the culture of a good family-run company like getting bought out by a megacorp.

:commissar:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Wasn't expecting quality content like that in this thread. Thanks for the good post!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-caPt79Bevo

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

On the next episode: all 4 teens are lost at sea after going out on deck in sea state 7.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

How will these idiots make it back from Antartica alive

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

:ducksiren: PENGUINS, WE'VE GOT PENGUINS :ducksiren:

Also, mini-Shirase spotted, and IN YOUR FACE!

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

IN YOUR FACE!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hmm, what was that thing after the ED...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nielsm posted:

a :ghost:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Best episode we've had in a few weeks - and it's been pretty good the past few weeks.

That poor Toshio guy might have the worst instincts I've ever seen tho

Also,

superLINUS posted:

IN YOUR FACE!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

nielsm posted:

Yuzuki's mom is mad they're not monetizing their content well enough. Next ep is gonna have Shirase telling everyone to "please like and subscribe!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

After rewatching that a couple of times, I am much more confused about what is happening with Shirase’s arm.