Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DrPop posted:

Mhara Gal

only vulnerable to Stasis Grenades, which are used by the worst legion.
That clutch stasis grenade shot is one of my proudest ham achievements.

Nerf forge lords. Nerf Dark Angels. :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
LVO causing the thread to be convinced that both age of sigmar and dark angels are good was not at all what I expected out of that weekend.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

LVO causing the thread to be convinced that both age of sigmar and dark angels are good was not at all what I expected out of that weekend.
Just Shadespire :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Objection.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Objection.
You don't count.

You hate everything.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

Age of Sigmar rules and I love it!!!!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nooooooo

I didn't say that :negative:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Invulnerable saves are the best, otherwise you have an axiarch with a master crafted power fist kill a praetor and some deathshroud in one round of combat.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best FW unit is Ogyrn Charonites, you big dum-dums.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
My favorite good bullshit is Veterans. Probably no explanation required.

My favorite bad bullshit is Breachers, because they have the coolest armor in the game, are used in the most iconic Horus Heresy fights (and in ZM, the best variant GW makes), and are so spectacularly mediocre that I could run them alongside nothing but the sickest Custodes and still look like I’m playing gently.

My least favorite good bullshit is quad-mortars, because they take loving forever to resolve and even longer to effectively maneuver against.

My least favorite bad bullshit is mkiv boxdreads, because they replace the intense visual psychosis of a sarcophagus with a dopey little helmet head, and their rules are no less impotent than their models. Just a total disappointment across the board, and I’m glad FW is phasing them out.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Well, I do hate AP2/3 artillery conceptually (since I have never played a game) since
a) stuff that removes your crap en masse with no saves allowed is horrible
b) on table artillery triggers my verisimilitude and should be removed outside of weird tracked mortars.

I dislike that fact that as presented, Veterans have one Right Choice and four You Probably Want To Lose choices.

Charontides look pretty baller and I imagine they remove anything they come into contact with, and I'm OK with steampunk cyborg ogryns being like that.

I do love Leviathan dreads because they're svole Contemptors with cool looking guns that unfortunately eat the pilot's soul or whatever.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Machine killer vets with some power weapons and meltabombs in a dreadclaw or one of the assault flyers are a totally reasonable choice, particularly if your legion can give them good wargear or has close combat benefits.

And boxdreads are a really points efficient AA/rhino popping platform when you give them dual autocannons! Also obligatory “good in ZM.” Breachers and boxdreads and ogryn charonites hell yeah.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, I'd like to have on of each non-chapter* specific dread for 40k too.

*and the BT dread as a Venerable, since my Original Content Donut Steel chapter Stilled Voices uses a lot of BT bitz.

On thing about dreads: what made me absolutely disgusted with 7e (well, more disgusted) was watching a ZM on YT where a Contemptor stepped out of corridor and removed a bunch of RG vets via a single plasma blast. It was just horrible, especially since I was playing Infinity often and Infinity doesn't have such no-risk kills

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Plasma templates in ZM are absolutely horrendous as they gain Shred.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

lol @ actually playing

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

JcDent posted:

Yeah, I'd like to have on of each non-chapter* specific dread for 40k too.

*and the BT dread as a Venerable, since my Original Content Donut Steel chapter Stilled Voices uses a lot of BT bitz.

On thing about dreads: what made me absolutely disgusted with 7e (well, more disgusted) was watching a ZM on YT where a Contemptor stepped out of corridor and removed a bunch of RG vets via a single plasma blast. It was just horrible, especially since I was playing Infinity often and Infinity doesn't have such no-risk kills

Vets are an abomination.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Vets are an abomination.

mlyp

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Woah there. A mans posting is his castle.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Woah there. A mans posting is his castle.

Shut up and post a picture of your castle. You're a Euro goon, we know you have one.

Gotta park the murder sub somewhere!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What if he's some landlocked Hungarian

Did not think about that

Huh

Also angry that I can't attach rapiers to squads like Guardsmen HWTs

Also angry at monoflamer squads. Kinda silly with Special Support Marines, really stupid with ten man Auxiliaries

Myrmidons are ugly

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

Did not think about that

Huh
DJ Dizzy is a known Dane.

The poor bastard.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JcDent posted:

Also angry at monoflamer squads. Kinda silly with Special Support Marines, really stupid with ten man Auxiliaries

But what if you really need to burn something?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

Did not think about that

Huh

Also angry that I can't attach rapiers to squads like Guardsmen HWTs

Myrmidons are ugly

You’re getting mad enough to really do well with 30k but the things drawing your ire are extremely weird. Maybe try a two minutes hate directed at the rules writers, sculptors, prominent 40k podcasters, and/or your friends, if you are unfortunate enough to have any.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

ijyt posted:

lol @ actually playing

There's...

...a game?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JcDent posted:

Myrmidons are ugly

:yikes:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

JcDent posted:

Myrmidons are ugly

If my boys had feelings they would be hurt by such slander

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I’m just starting my Mechanicum allies and I kind of agree. Thallax everywhere

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm not a fan either. Took me a long time to figure out how to convert them up in a way I liked:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm not a fan either. Took me a long time to figure out how to convert them up in a way I liked:

Now this just looks hella rad. With Thallax, Castellax and Thralls in the troop choices, AdMech soon run out of fun looking, viable choices. I'm sure I'd be madder if I collected any.

Safety Factor posted:

DJ Dizzy is a known Dane.

The poor bastard.

Ah. Then he might be building a murder ekranoplan!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You’re getting mad enough to really do well with 30k but the things drawing your ire are extremely weird. Maybe try a two minutes hate directed at the rules writers, sculptors, prominent 40k podcasters, and/or your friends, if you are unfortunate enough to have any.

Fri-ends?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
But can my vindicator laser destroyer shoot at that drat fire raptor

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Ghazk posted:

But can my vindicator laser destroyer shoot at that drat fire raptor

I mean, it CAN.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

You know what can be said of HH black books?

They taught me the word "preternatural"

As in

The love HH writers had for that word is preternatural

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

*wet leopard growl*

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

“Another glorious victory” - caught this in 3 ADB books

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

What is this slack channel I keep hearing about? Can I get an invite

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Every HH book describes something as a " charnel house" and at some point a character feels their "choler rise".

Space Marine legions live in fear of cholerise epidemics in the cramped conditions of their spacecraft. When an outbreak does occur, due to the wanton vomiting and defaecating of blood, these ships become poopy charnel houses.

It writes itself.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hixson posted:

What is this slack channel I keep hearing about? Can I get an invite

No.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
We have a Discord.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

We have a Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I keep searching Amazon for D3s but can't find one. A little help?