Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

The original, gojira, is about a monster wrecking Japan and everyone dealing with that. The human elements are to give you something to relate to and plot structure, but it's all in service of the monster.

The original Gojira is about Japan coming to terms with the reality and after-effects of nuclear warfare. It's very much about the people and less about a big lizard.

bushisms.txt posted:

Jaws is about a shark terrorizing a family man. The series even makes this explicit as it goes on. That's why the intro is about the shark killing people and not him watching it kill people.

No it isn't? The shark's not eating people to gently caress with Brody and his family, even if that pops up in Jaws 4. There's enough to infer that Brody's marriage is pretty rocky and he's not the best father. There's more man vs. nature than anything. Hell, the novel has Brody's wife have an affair with Richard Dreyfuss's character. Movie Brody is obsessed with trying to fulfill a role of order in his community and trying to control the chaos of nature. His family is pretty secondary throughout.

bushisms.txt posted:

You should watch Shaun of the dead if you need a rebuttal to whatever this is.

He's calling you a fool for not understanding subtext by using arguments as silly as yours.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

Attention mr dickeye, attention

I was the one who talked to you about wanting this. Do they have a release date or is this another one of Mezco's "MAYBE SOMEDAY, YOU GUYS!" things?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyYQJPSZ_bk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I was the one who talked to you about wanting this. Do they have a release date or is this another one of Mezco's "MAYBE SOMEDAY, YOU GUYS!" things?

I Was just about to edit you in!!!!

Promise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was on mutha fuckin fast post mode. That’s literally the first thing I saw when I woke up and I’m like sheeeeeeeet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

Attention mr dickeye, attention

Hell yes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When that thing hits diamond I'm there

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I Was just about to edit you in!!!!

Promise.

I should not have gone on the Mezco site. I need all of these.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

This one is cool but am I crazy or do the hands look proportionally too small?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Woah!!! I had no idea about these.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

This one is cool but am I crazy or do the hands look proportionally too small?

They’re kind of weird toys in that they’re 6 inches but wanted to have the detail of 12 inches. Sometimes they look a little janky, but for the most part they look good. The ghostbusters are kind of not great though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

They’re kind of weird toys in that they’re 6 inches but wanted to have the detail of 12 inches. Sometimes they look a little janky, but for the most part they look good. The ghostbusters are kind of not great though.

Did they ever release all this poo poo?
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/15/mezco-releases-new-one12-collective-official-images-239139

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Zoe Bell is learning how to be a director, I'm pumped.

https://www.avclub.com/stuntwoman-zoe-bell-lands-prestigious-afi-directing-fel-1822985233

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Moby Dick is just about like some whale

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Daredevil and doctor strange definitely did

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hollismason posted:

Moby Dick is just about like some whale

My favorite part of the novel is when Captain Ahab decides to spare the whale after reading the spider's web.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Daredevil and doctor strange definitely did

what does that stuff retail at?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

what does that stuff retail at?

Depends on the figure. I think the Dredd ladyeye got me was like 70-80, Daredevil is probably the same

The fancy punisher they did with a million gund and a duffel bag and body armor was at least 120

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Depends on the figure. I think the Dredd ladyeye got me was like 70-80, Daredevil is probably the same

The fancy punisher they did with a million gund and a duffel bag and body armor was at least 120

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the Judge Dredd figure when amazon was selling them for 45 bucks.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Oh hey, looks like there was another mass shooting today. This time at a school in Florida. 20 injured. Fatalities unknown, shooter still being reported as "at large".

I'm sure the problem isn't guns this time either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Oh hey, looks like there was another mass shooting today. This time at a school in Florida. 20 injured. Fatalities unknown, shooter still being reported as "at large".

https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but I approve this message.

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/963602146921820160

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

CPL593H posted:

I flew into Florida for work less than thirty miles from there and this was literally the first thing I saw as I got off the plane.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Thanks for the nightmares with that Popeye one. Sheesh

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I flew into Florida for work less than thirty miles from there and this was literally the first thing I saw as I got off the plane.

...Did you fly into Jax?

edit: Nevermind, it's in Broward county.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Davros1 posted:

Thanks for the nightmares with that Popeye one. Sheesh

Why do his arms have foreskins

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Steve Yun posted:

Why do his arms have foreskins

This doesn't answer your question but I just wanna say arm foreskins would be fuckin sweet. A soft, supple pair of gloves that can just bunch up around your wrists when you don't need them!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

...Did you fly into Jax?

edit: Nevermind, it's in Broward county.

When you said JAX a while back, I thought you meant the JAX building in New Orleans that I was looking at when I was posting about it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

When you said JAX a while back, I thought you meant the JAX building in New Orleans that I was looking at when I was posting about it.

Nope, I meant JAX, the airport in Jacksonville, FL. We also just shorten Jacksonville to Jax. Or Jack-n-Kill.

But I figured there was a miscommunication a while back.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo that Popeye toy is loving disgusting looking.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The only figurine I'd consider buying is green jacket Dougie Jones with coffee accessories.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Budgie Jumping posted:

This doesn't answer your question but I just wanna say arm foreskins would be fuckin sweet. A soft, supple pair of gloves that can just bunch up around your wrists when you don't need them!

Good god that’s a disturbing image.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

Now we get to find out if Cronenberg reads CineD

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
As someone who is uncut I would like to agree that foreskin forearm and feet would be baller

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a butt foreskin

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
whole body foreskin

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Magic Hate Ball posted:

whole body foreskin

I think this was a power in the latest Mario game.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

CelticPredator posted:

If you're in New Orleans right now you should be drinking and not posting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im in a Safeway in Denver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Which tbh, I should def be drinking here. Holy gently caress is everything so pricey.

• Locked thread