Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

StuG Jeebus posted:

You've found it! The worst thing on the internet.

make it go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh my.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It would probably be fine once roasted.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

ijyt posted:

It would probably be fine once roasted.

Preferably carbonized in an industrial furnace.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Tardigrade posted:

Preferably carbonized in an industrial furnace.

All he wanted was a hug... :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugleb posted:

All he wanted was the sweet relief of death from this eternal torment ... :(

Ftfy

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Won't lie, preserve it in some sort of clear resin to keep it from rotting or whatever (whatever the hell they do for those display foods [unless those are wax and I'm an idiot]) and I would put it on a shelf

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
what the gently caress is wrong with you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

World Famous W posted:

Won't lie, preserve it in some sort of clear resin to keep it from rotting or whatever (whatever the hell they do for those display foods [unless those are wax and I'm an idiot]) and I would put it on a shelf

Display food isn't real food

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nebalebadingdong posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you
Many things, liking the chicken skin teddy ain't one.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Display food isn't real food
What I thought. Did say I was an idiot.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Many things, liking the chicken skin teddy ain't one.

What I thought. Did say I was an idiot.

I mean if chicken teddy was made by someone I knew, who wasn't selling it on craigslist, who didn't refer to chickens as having duplicate parts, who assured me he used edible materials, and was cooked to an internal temperature of 165 deg. I would enjoy chicken teddy.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
why why why would you enjoy a teddy bear made of chicken skin :psyduck:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's neat.

Edit: like in a general knickknack display kind of neat

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 14, 2018

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I will admit complete respect for the artistry. Stick it in formaldehyde and sell it to the Tate.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Now let's see a chicken made of bear meat.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Because I wouldn't get nylon burns when I gently caress this one?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Why wouldn't you enjoy chickented?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm dead, the thread has finally killed me.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

darkwasthenight posted:

Because I wouldn't get nylon burns when I gently caress this one?

make it go away

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Wow way to gently caress up this good thread you degenerate idiots

:gas:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Two Beans posted:

Now let's see a chicken made of bear meat.
You'd get a lot of duplicate bits left over.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Pierzak posted:

You'd get a lot of duplicate bits left over.

Which means lot of creepy meat dolls. :stonk:

Seriously, what the gently caress. Back to scrunts please.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PenguinSalsa posted:

Which means lot of creepy meat dolls. :stonk:

Seriously, what the gently caress. Back to scrunts please.

How about a scrunt meat doll?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
youre supposed to post pictures of scrunts not ACT like them

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would like to own a meat scrunt. You guys are also lying; that chicken bear is amazing. Very realistic texture

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

I would like to own a meat scrunt. You guys are also lying; that chicken bear is amazing. Very realistic texture

That's the creepiest part :stare:

Iron Crowned posted:

How about a scrunt meat doll?

Some lunatic sculpted this. It's not real meat and technically well sculpted and accurate, but it's scrunty enough :v:

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 15, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
How did you get my first bloodbowl minis?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

when the TO is being a dick about bare minis so you paint them there while looking directly into his eyes

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

I have only eaten and shat some of these miniatures.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Cat Face Joe posted:

when the TO is being a dick about bare minis so you paint them there while looking directly into his eyes

well, whoever painted 'em weren't looking at the minis, that's for sure

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

A few of the Blood Bowl players in my gaming club did this. Their "efforts" looked worse than the masterpieces above.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

well, whoever painted 'em weren't looking at the minis, that's for sure

I'm going to wager that some guy gave these to his six year old to paint up, simply because they're 25+ year old minis and nobody wants them anymore.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Cat Face Joe posted:

Apparently a guy at a local club once did this by lining up all his Marines and painting them with yellow road paint in one big sweep, then taking a smaller brush and hitting them roughly in the middle with black, then dotting the eyes with red. 3 colours and the Bumblee Chapter is born.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I never understood the whole "force a guy to paint his dolls" thing. Like yeah of course they look better with paint but if at the end of the day he just wants to push some toy soldiers around a table and roll dice does it matter?

It would be 50/50 on if I would spite paint my figs or just stop playing if the only option was play with those kinds of people.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This is why I wish a third party made stand ups with space marines on them. I always prefer those to seeing a sea of grey. They’ve gotten really popular amongst the RPG and fantasy wargame crowd but oddly enough not in the SF community. I’m rather surprised Corvus Belli doesn’t make them for Infinity since they have their standardized size chart. Make them look like paper target figures

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

I never understood the whole "force a guy to paint his dolls" thing. Like yeah of course they look better with paint but if at the end of the day he just wants to push some toy soldiers around a table and roll dice does it matter?

It would be 50/50 on if I would spite paint my figs or just stop playing if the only option was play with those kinds of people.

Amongst friends? Depends if there's some significance to the game. If it's the final battle of a campaign, or the last game someone will play before going away for a while / having a baby - it's always nice to see painted figures, as well as being a big motivation to get things done. Lord knows I field a lot of grey or primed plastic, but it's nice sometimes to agree with a friend and say "Let's make this feel really thematic".

At a tournament - if you're getting utterly massacred by someone, at least it's nice if their dollies are painted, also nice for the tournament organisers who have to put in a lot of work, and also source terrain.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah as the dude who would paint his poo poo before even considering the game, it always bugged me when my buddies would show up with unpainted figures, or in extreme cases incomplete figures. My last roommate's Space Wolf Terminators never got their arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
while i dont know why someone who doesnt enjoy painting would play a game like 40k (i guess some people enjoy the assembly part?), i respect their right to spend poo poo loads of money to play a space barbie tournament and painting requirements are idiotic