Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

There once was a pollie named Joyce.
Who described his employee as noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

He says he was gutted
bout that time he nutted
his expenses are now twice the price.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Roses are red,
Condoms are tricky,
Barnaby must learn
Not to cum inside Vikki

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Barnaby had a media advisor
When they met he thought t'would be nicer
To go out for a some smokes
And share a few jokes
Or maybe he'd just cum inside her

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
This is why I still follow auspol.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
new zealand my coordinates
nut in my subordinates
beetroot’s in the oven
and she said she aint abortin it

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

hooman posted:

This is why I still follow auspol.

Hold your applause until we get the monthly word cloud.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

There once was a pollie from Tamworth,
Who managed to hoist up his large girth,
Stuck his willy in Vikki,
Who soon felt quite sicky,
And then, nine months later, she'll give birth.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Barnaby Joyce went to town,
Wearing an Akubra,
Killed his career with a kid and we cried "hallelujah".

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Joyce had a face red and fruity
He liked booze, free money and booty
Any staff that was his
He’d fill with his jizz
One’s dropping a sprog all beetrooty

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

There once was a pollie named Joyce.
Who described his employee as noice.

Baked carp headlined dinner
And beetroot salad's a winner
But nuts for dessert was her choice

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

loving incredible. This thread better be goldmined at the end of the month.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
There once was a man from New England
Well really, he hails from New Zealand
From his wife did depart
Up his advisor did embark
And all the while he screamed CAAAAARRRRPPPP

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The man from New England
Barnaby was his name
As red as beets
And as rooted as herpes carp

He once had a duel y'see
They brought a pistol and shouted boo
But they should've ran
Because he wasn't firing banks

Instead he was running for more
A fifth kid to add to his four
So he banged on news corps door
And banging a beau on the floor

The man was named Barnaby
He was a man
And as you shut your eyes at night
Imagine the beetroot juice coloured cum dripping in the candlelight

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

there was a large beetroot called Joyce
who found his employee too noice
now she's up the duff
his expenses are rough
and the Nats seem to think we've no choice.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Beetroot tentacles
Thick ropes, left in staffer, spawn
Nats in disarray

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Warren Stokes knew nothing about bitcoin until his son began receiving yellow postal bags filled with $50 notes in the mail.

The cash was from cryptocurrency trading when his son was still in high school — about seven years ago.

"He explained to me he was on a group on reddit — 1,000 people were joining their computers together to mine, and again, honestly, I had no idea what he was talking about."

Mr Stokes, 58, is now a casual "crypto" investor himself. At a recent cryptocurrency meet-up in Sydney, he was there to learn about the latest craze: initial coin offerings (ICOs).

An ICO uses blockchain technology to issue digital "tokens". Investors buy them using established cryptocurrencies like bitcoin or ethereum to fund companies or to access specific services, such as data storage.

What is an Initial Coin Offering?An ICO use blockchain technology to issue "coins" or "tokens" for a set time period.Investors buy them using established cryptocurrency to fund new projects.An ICO may also issue "utility tokens", which are used to access specific online services.The "tokens" can then be traded peer-to-peer.

Most investors buy into an ICO on the promise of its whitepaper (a document that describes the project) alone, meaning tokens are sometimes sold without revenue, customers or a functional product.

Importantly, the value of these tokens is rarely pegged to anything in the real world, so prices can fluctuate dramatically.

The ICO versus the rules

So far, the life of the ICO has been short and often brutish.

A recent Ernst & Young study, for example, estimated more than 10 per cent of the US $3.7 billion raised in ICOs by late 2017 had been stolen by hackers.

Levels of seriousness may also vary. Consider the Jesus Coin ICO, which promises, "global access to Jesus that's safer and faster than ever before".

Some ICOs have had more success, however, such as Australia's Power Ledger, which aims to trade energy on the blockchain. Nevertheless, the legal battle is just beginning over ICOs that allegedly overpromised or set out to deceive.

The cryptocurrency project Tezos completed a $US232 million ICO in 2017, but it is now facing a US class action lawsuit from people who claim they were defrauded. There is also the "decentralised bank" AriseBank, which had its assets frozen by American regulators in January for allegedly being "an outright scam".

In 2017, the Chinese Government banned raising money via ICOs, and regulators globally have warned they cannot be used to circumvent financial regulation.

Locally, if an ICO appears to be funding a company, then the tokens it issues may be considered shares by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and attract reporting obligations.

At the meet-up, however, the audience mostly celebrated the ICO's underdog status.

Since 2012, Alex Saunders has offered cryptocurrency advice on his YouTube channel. At the event, where most questions were prefaced with, "I'm new to this", hopeful investors clung to him with the gratitude of drowning sailors.

For Mr Saunders, an ICO is a way for start-up founders to avoid being manipulated by traditional venture capital investors.

"Our systems have the chance to level the playing field."

Don't lose your shirt
For ICO investors, there is the appeal of operating outside the traditional financial system, but also the lure of getting rich quick. And of course, the ever-present "fear of missing out".

The fresh faces at the meet-up suggested that for many, buying "crypto" was likely to be their first time speculating on anything.

Newcomers who went into debt to buy in before the most recent cryptocurrency crash were spoken of in hushed, regretful tones by the attendees of the meeting.

"I've heard people are taking out money on their home loans to get into cryptocurrency," Mr Saunders said.

"Unfortunately, there are lots of people in this space and this is their first investing experience so they've been burnt once or twice and they're learning that the hard way."

For an old hand like Mr Stokes, the psychology of all trading is something these young people are learning, albeit bitterly.

"Some people who don't know how to ride out a drop have sold out at the bottom," he said. "There will be a lot of people who will panic and lose their money."

Two ICO investors, who asked to be called Katrina, 27, and Neil, 40, said they have had varying success.

"I invested in TRON … which worked out really well," she explained. "It's a Chinese-based entertainment platform."

Neil said he had participated in about nine ICOs so far, but suggested it could be hard work to sort the scams from the genuine products.

He pointed to the case of Confido, a cryptocurrency start-up that claimed it was developing "smart contracts". After its November ICO, which raised a reported $US375,000, the Confido team disappeared in what's being called an "exit scam".

"With the number of scammers out there who have made really high-quality fake websites and fake LinkedIn profiles … it's actually very difficult to know what's true and what's not," he warned.

In Neil's view, the hype is settling down and ICOs will now have to prove themselves as a genuine financial tool.

In 2018, its evangelists hope the ICO will become more than a white paper, fancy graphic design and blind faith. Or it will not. But you can be sure someone, somewhere will invest either way.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

NTRabbit posted:

Barnaby nutted.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
There was movement at the press gallery
For the word had got around
That the leader of the Nationals has gone astray

And that he nutted in a staffer
Now she has a baby mound
And that NewsCorp says the topic is fair game

All his gross and sordid secrets
from the old times and today
Seemed suddenly were unearthed overnight

For the journos like a scandal
when hypocrisy's at play
But stay quiet 'til old Rupert's called the fight

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

All the Barnaby saga makes me miss the old political satirists like Max Gillies or the late great John Clarke who would be having a field day with it.

Image Gillies doing a mini-musical like what he did for The Dismissal.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

so many of these posts don’t scan right. smdh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm taking a break from Barnaby Joyce twitter can someone else please post the juicy updates here please

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-15/i-took-the-leap-indigenous-aboriginal-instagram-death-suicide/9396724

quote:

The installation of an Instagram-friendly frame with signage stating "I took the leap" at a historical site where an Aboriginal woman pursued by police jumped to her death has caused concern among traditional owners.
The Leap is a mountain outside Mackay named for a historical event in which it is widely believed an Aboriginal woman carrying her three-year-old child leapt off a cliff to evade capture by the Queensland Native Police in the 1860s.
The woman was killed but her daughter survived and has descendants still living in Mackay.
The area is now considered to be the site of a massacre, where native police 'dispersed' the local Aboriginal population using violent means.

The frame appeared sometime over Christmas at the top of a hiking trail at the mountain's peak.
It was not authorised by the council and was placed there by a tour guide to promote the region's history.
The tour guide did not wish to comment to the ABC.
It's an empty frame people can take photos through, with the label "I took the leap Mackay". Pretty tasteless!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
next there’ll be a frame “I’ve climbed mount druitt”

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/BevanShields/status/963911483431120901?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Can't even collude correctly Mr Speaker.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
There once was a pollie named Joyce
Who made a very bad choice.
He nutted inside her
A mistress we refer
Political opponents rejoice.

gently caress it, I tried :effort:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-15/i-took-the-leap-indigenous-aboriginal-instagram-death-suicide/9396724

It's an empty frame people can take photos through, with the label "I took the leap Mackay". Pretty tasteless!

“I was slayed at Coniston 😂”

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
a handsome young cyborg named Ace
wooed women at every base
but once ladies glanced at
his special enhancement
beetroot should gently caress off in disgrace

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

AgentF posted:

There was movement at the press gallery
For the word had got around
That the leader of the Nationals has gone astray

And that he nutted in a staffer
Now she has a baby mound
And that NewsCorp says the topic is fair game

All his gross and sordid secrets
from the old times and today
Seemed suddenly were unearthed overnight

For the journos like a scandal
when hypocrisy's at play
But stay quiet 'til old Rupert's called the fight

This is fantastic and you sir/maam are a treasure

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

a handsome young cyborg named Ace
wooed women at every base
but once ladies glanced at
his special enhancement
beetroot should gently caress off in disgrace

+1

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I had a barrel of fun in Snowtown SA.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The love of coal and iron ore
Of blacked, ruined plains
Of contaminated water
Is running in my veins
Strong love of Gina Rhinehart
And my boy Guatam Adani
My face resembles beetroot
My friends all call me Barny

I love an unborn baby
And discounted capital gains
of investment property income
Developers, make it rain
I nutted in my staffer
But it's fine, as you will see
She was, and wasn't my partner
Theres no impropriety

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I had a barrel of fun in Snowtown SA.

After the Strathfield massacre people noticed that an ad which said “Come to Strathfield Square if you have time to kill” was still up at the station.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
"I stay in the Balangalow State Forest"

-/-

I'm moved to ask Aus Pol to recall Craig Thompson and Peter Slipper. While they held the fate of the government in their clammy hands there was no amount of dirt too filthy for the ruling junta to even speak badly of them and both stayed well beyond any reasonable semblance of decency. Why should this be any different? In fact the LNP don't even substantially care about it interrupting 'government business' because so long as they are even only technically in power they have all their performance indicators ticked.

-/-

Alan Joyce had a bit on ABC RN this morning that is non-sequitur salad of the first order. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/if-you-dont-make-the-profits-you-dont-pay-the-tax/9449136

Asked about the generous provisions that allow QANTAS to offset profits against previous loses he mentioned that in the US the front end write down provisions were much more generous so you can't feasibly compare the two. OK. When asked about the drop in corporate tax rates however it was a straight case of Australia has to do exactly that or we won't be competitive. Ah, yea.., wha..

-/-

These guys are amazing:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2102339946665527/

https://www.facebook.com/events/337937933280923/

http://www.bmrsg.org.au/events/refugee-regatta-2018-sydney-to-canberra-walk/

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

The love of coal and iron ore
Of blacked, ruined plains
Of contaminated water
Is running in my veins
Strong love of Gina Rhinehart
And my boy Guatam Adani
My face resembles beetroot
My friends all call me Barny

I love an unborn baby
And discounted capital gains
of investment property income
Developers, make it rain
I nutted in my staffer
But it's fine, as you will see
She was, and wasn't my partner
Theres no impropriety

:drat:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

come give port arthur a shot!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BBJoey posted:

come give port arthur a shot!

Gun up Hoddle Street, it's the fastest way to Clifton Hill

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Why not drop in to the twin towers on the way?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

burn your way through regional victoria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hang out at Hanging Rock.

• Locked thread