Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
the only remotely acceptable comic sans alternative for this forum that i'm aware of is Kristen ITC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Courier with an intentionally off-center letter E.

Edit- and then we could fill the post space with a tessellating paper pattern, and the whole thing would be scrap-punk.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 14, 2018

Sig by Heather Papps

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Starman Super DX posted:

a whole slew of hammock guest stars

Koishi Komeiji posted:

You guys need to get off of this tilting image trip. If we're talking about something to replace it with it should be something completely new that lets yobbers contribute to in their own creative way. Like for example, make it so the hammock cat has a bunch of different renditions drawn by different yobbers so every time you refresh the page you get a different take on the hammock cat drawn by a different yobber. Something like the banners in fyad but uniquely byob.

:colbert: Koishi how could you I thought we were friends

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

take the moon

by sebmojo
i basically just started posting here and i thought the tilting images were super fun

i like the kristen itc font its even goofier than comic sans

BoldFrankensteinMir

And I thought this was the chill forum.

Getting stuck in a rut is not chill, friends.

The unspinnning is our signal to become anew.

Sig by Heather Papps

take the moon

by sebmojo
to chill out is to basically be in stasis and not do anything

thats why they call it chilling not actioning

Starman Super DX

let's also not forget FD's analogy about the cardboard box in space.

if we're going to ask for something new it has to be something reasonable. Not that I know for sure that anything suggested has not been so far, I just think it's something to bear in mind.

Tell me more!

BoldFrankensteinMir

To heck with computer and phone screens, BYOB should be projected on the moon...

Sig by Heather Papps

beer pal

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

wearing a lampshade

Jokerman RULES

wearing a lampshade

Starman Super DX posted:

let's also not forget FD's analogy about the cardboard box in space.

if we're going to ask for something new it has to be something reasonable. Not that I know for sure that anything suggested has not been so far, I just think it's something to bear in mind.

I think rotating cat hammock is reasonable????

Starman Super DX

albany academy posted:

I think rotating cat hammock is reasonable????

Clearly you're unaware of Rule #5607 of quantum web chemistry :smug:

Tell me more!

alnilam

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic

See now this is innovation

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic
What if spinning characters jokerman?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

To heck with computer and phone screens, BYOB should be projected on the moon...

realtalk fam we're gonna blow up the moon so don't you dare

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

also if people want to make new things for byob, that sounds cool as gently caress and i hope instead of just complaining a lot you instead teach yourself CSS and database management then ask ZDR and FD and alnilam politely before you just foist it on us.

also i swear to god if the pastel colors and soothing comic sans font goes away i will lose my last god damned anchor on this hellscape of earth so please don't change that, namaste.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

a life update behind spoilers because it's not happy and i don't really want to say it but i'm running out of cool good things to say.

tomorrow i'm going to a new therapist. also they changed my medication again from the ones that were making my limbs go numb and turning me hypoxic and extra super loving psychotic to something that makes me drastically less crazy and also gave me a magic pill for the panic waves i'm experiencing. i'm pretty sure my boyfriend broke up with me, and it's the eleven year anniversary of my second ex trying to burn my house down around me after drugging me. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY I HATE EVERYTHING.

oh here's a picture of jekyll being an objet d'art.

wearing a lampshade

hamjobs posted:

also if people want to make new things for byob, that sounds cool as gently caress and i hope instead of just complaining a lot you instead teach yourself CSS and database management then ask ZDR and FD and alnilam politely before you just foist it on us.

also i swear to god if the pastel colors and soothing comic sans font goes away i will lose my last god damned anchor on this hellscape of earth so please don't change that, namaste.

I'll post some things soon at some point in the future

Manifisto

hang in there hamjobs, byob :love: you!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

sabrina benaim wrote a really good poem about what it's like to try to explain depression and mental illness to her mother but it really applies for any time i'm going to a new doctor, a new therapist, talking to an old friend, etc., and not just my mother: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqu4ezLQEUA

it's good.

Jaded Burnout

May I suggest a browser plugin or user sheet?

It could be a good place to test some of these ideas without having to enshrine them on the forums, and we could pick the favourite ones to get moved to byob.css proper.

The user sheet would be more portable (i.e. work on more browsers) but a chrome plugin with a bit of extra work would allow the stalwart to keep the rotating images if they really want them without it being default for everyone, as well as people being able to generally turn them on and off individually while testing them out.

I'm happy to do the legwork if this is something you might want.

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

May I suggest a browser plugin or user sheet?

It could be a good place to test some of these ideas without having to enshrine them on the forums, and we could pick the favourite ones to get moved to byob.css proper.

The user sheet would be more portable (i.e. work on more browsers) but a chrome plugin with a bit of extra work would allow the stalwart to keep the rotating images if they really want them without it being default for everyone, as well as people being able to generally turn them on and off individually while testing them out.

I'm happy to do the legwork if this is something you might want.

thank you jaded burnout I'll let other ppl weigh in on what they want to do but i just want to say thank you for your kind offer and spirit

alnilam

I'm watching hella curling it's good

If you are in the us look at the olympic subforum's bitching about nbc thread for advice on how to get da streamz

alnilam

Also I'm aware of the problematic nature of the olympic s but gosh darnit when else do i get to watch curling!!!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Does anybody have a preferred vendor for backpacks? I need a large camping backpack I can still ride a bike wearing and I want to get it shipped relatively quickly.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

I like osprey a lot for backpacking

if you're bike camping though you should srsly consider pannier instead

but if you need to bike + hike or if you just need to get one bag that does both, then yeah i like osprey bags a lot

also if money is an issue you can do a lot with a rack and a milk crate and some rope

sb hermit

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Does anybody have a preferred vendor for backpacks? I need a large camping backpack I can still ride a bike wearing and I want to get it shipped relatively quickly.

post it here if you find one

I didn’t know they had camping backpacks for bikes!

sb hermit

alnilam posted:

If you are in the us look at the olympic subforum's bitching about nbc thread for advice on how to get da streamz

I have never been able to get over the air broadcasts for literally decades and I forget what normal TV looks like

I refuse to get cable because of the cable monopoly (but I still get Internet from them)

What i’m trying to say is that I can wait until the day when olympics just streams on twitch or something

alnilam

el dorito posted:

I have never been able to get over the air broadcasts for literally decades and I forget what normal TV looks like

I refuse to get cable because of the cable monopoly (but I still get Internet from them)

What i’m trying to say is that I can wait until the day when olympics just streams on twitch or something

follow my advice look at the nbc bitching thread! there's a way to get canadian streams

alnilam

Minrad posted:

im gonna present this in gif format because it is literally that easy to setup and you have no excuse to keep watching NBC

setupvpn: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/setupvpn-lifetime-free-vp/oofgbpoabipfcfjapgnbbjjaenockbdp?hl=en-US

cbc's olympics schedule: https://olympics.cbc.ca/schedule/

https://i.imgur.com/ID1dlMd.mp4

i left out account creation but it's literally just punch in email then punch in the password they email you.

sb hermit

alnilam posted:

follow my advice look at the nbc bitching thread! there's a way to get canadian streams

Neat!

alnilam posted:

I did curling once and it was surprisingly fun. Everyone wants to throw the stone but I actually enjoy sweeping.

wearing a lampshade

Its illegal to promote non-Nord VPN services.

alnilam

I really want to try curling some time

alnilam

albany academy posted:

Its illegal to promote non-Nord VPN services.

It's okay i showed them my rear end

sb hermit

https://twitter.com/mrt/status/963573614153949184

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

alnilam posted:

I really want to try curling some time
I like curling up in bed with a good book.
But it's awkward later when I want to sleep and the bed is full of ice and brooms and rocks with handles.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Curling is the best sport, because there's an open bar at most team events, you're literally sweeping ice in front of a rock your buddy just gently slid, and you get to trash talk the other team about their ability to chug canned maple syrup at least twice an hour. It's in the rules.

BoldFrankensteinMir

alnilam posted:

I like osprey a lot for backpacking

if you're bike camping though you should srsly consider pannier instead

but if you need to bike + hike or if you just need to get one bag that does both, then yeah i like osprey bags a lot

also if money is an issue you can do a lot with a rack and a milk crate and some rope

Awesome, thanks, I'm checking these out now. The milkcrate is a great idea but here's the situation: I need a bag I can cram with clothes for a bus ride back to the city, then once I'm there unload the clothes and carry regular stuff on my bike (which is going to town in the bus belly compartment stripped of all the lights and stuff cuz I learned my lesson last time). So basically I want something multi-purpose with the most carrying capacity I can get away with and still ride wearing.

I spent some time on Amazon looking at cheapo bags from questionable sellers that also make fake eyelashes and poo poo. 30 bucks is a great price for a 50 l bag but I couldn't find one without customer reviews that said the zippers suck, and I know from experience that sucky zippers are the achilles heel of a bag.

I guess I shouldn't say I need camping gear, I need city life gear, but I've always treated one as the other. I'm pretty nervous about riding in the city again but I've been training hard so hopefully with some gumption I can make this happen. Eco-buddy poverty powers ACTIVATE!

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Curling is on in 92 minutes and counting!

ETA: There's a curling rink on the same block as my house and I have never been inside. I should learn to curl.