Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm coming back around to the SCAR

AFG, bitches! :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The dune buggy is the superior vehicle and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This is the video I threw together of our weekend. It doesn't include the end of the winning round because the dude died to the blue and it was boring, but nonetheless. This was the weekend that put me at #2 for the world for like a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7mbaWd3lU

nice. timg4strok never ended up posting his bike techniques, but for those who were looking for them at this point in the video it happens. a bike moving very fast hits a 4-wheeler moving reasonably fast, right in the front wheel, at the Forbidden Angle. see ya later

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

drunken officeparty posted:

The dune buggy is the superior vehicle and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

It is amazing that in a head-on impact, the jeep is the one that starts smoking and not vice versa.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
For some reason my chat became reenabled. Fifty people around me suddenly shouting "friend of the family!!!!" and "CHINA NUMBER ONE!!!!" into their mics. Like, I'm not offended, I just hate hearing the broken screeching sounds of kids going through puberty. I hate knowing one of them is going to certainly kill me and call me a friend of the family while doing squats on my face.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you should have voice enabled during the actual match.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Just tell them that's not nice to say and ask to be their friend

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I got killed by this guy in a 1v1 last night

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Warbringer_?server=na

He has an interesting PUBG profile.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I got killed by this guy in a 1v1 last night

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Warbringer_?server=na

He has an interesting PUBG profile.
nm

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Groovelord Neato posted:

you should have voice enabled during the actual match.

Control+T lets you switch on the fly

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Why am I still being regularly defaulted to Asian servers after all this time?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

A defect in the software that is yet unfixed in the public version.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

fargom posted:

A defect in the software that is yet unfixed in the public version.

New thread title imo

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hypnolobster posted:

Stop disabling cookies.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The choked double barrel got me a win today. Shotguns good again

also i just learned that if you control scroll with the red dot it changes the brightness of the dot what

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I really love stupid useless stats. Is there a website that not only tracks all my rankings and kills, but also like, how many hits with what guns, and what guns I was hit with? It's why the last multiplayer shooter I played for more than a week was Unreal Tournament 2004. It had all those dumb stats.

Edit: That sounds like a snobby condemnation of multiplayer shooters. I didn't mean for it to be. They're usually just not my thing.

credburn fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 14, 2018

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

credburn posted:

I really love stupid useless stats. Is there a website that not only tracks all my rankings and kills, but also like, how many hits with what guns, and what guns I was hit with? It's why the last multiplayer shooter I played for more than a week was Unreal Tournament 2004. It had all those dumb stats.

Edit: That sounds like a snobby condemnation of multiplayer shooters. I didn't mean for it to be. They're usually just not my thing.

I was looking for a project and using this data to output a report on my game play etc in pubg would be quite cool.

I feel like
Python code:

print("ur just bad")

might be a quicker solution however

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

credburn posted:

I think Pubg doesn't track those stats so the tracker websites don't know them either. But CS:GO has a lot of that.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I think Pubg doesn't track those stats so the tracker websites don't know them either. But CS:GO has a lot of that.

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious; the last time I played Counter-Strike was in 2003-ish. What's the difference between that and CS:GO?

Holy poo poo, I'm also assuming CS:GO is a Counter-Strike game. I've seen it around a lot but never actually looked it up.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

credburn posted:

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious; the last time I played Counter-Strike was in 2003-ish. What's the difference between that and CS:GO?

Holy poo poo, I'm also assuming CS:GO is a Counter-Strike game. I've seen it around a lot but never actually looked it up.

It's essentially the same game, a ton more polished.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

credburn posted:

It's the most recent iteration of CS by Valve and is still being actively supported and developed. The pro scene around it is extremely healthy as well. If you were in to CS and are looking to get back into it CS:GO is what you're looking for

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
But I'd say that the shooting and stuff is different enough that you might not like it. I loved the old CS, but could never really get into the newer ones

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

warning: i had a stuffy nose so lots of mouth breathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqCwauvzNI

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

But I'd say that the shooting and stuff is different enough that you might not like it. I loved the old CS, but could never really get into the newer ones

CS:GO is way more similar to the original CS then CSS as far as shooting mechanics go. I think it is definitely better then both.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Stealthgerbil posted:

CS:GO is way more similar to the original CS then CSS as far as shooting mechanics go. I think it is definitely better then both.

Yea, I agree here. CS:GO is the CS that finally killed 1.6 and all of the other offshoots (promod, source, CZ). It's as close to the original with polish as you can get.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Rex-Goliath posted:

warning: i had a stuffy nose so lots of mouth breathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqCwauvzNI

A++ carry

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel fully kitted out the M4 is the best none-crate assault rifle, what is everyone's second favorite none-crate assault rifle to have? scar? AKM? M16 seems popular.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 14, 2018

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel a fully kitted out the M4 is the best none-crate assault rifle, what is everyone's second favorite none-crate assault rifle to have? scar? AKM? M16 seems popular.

AKM, easily

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel fully kitted out the M4 is the best none-crate assault rifle, what is everyone's second favorite none-crate assault rifle to have? scar? AKM? M16 seems popular.

I pretty much agree with this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYpnQ4VUGww

Although I think the AUG is probably not as great as the M4, but I rarely use it so who loving knows. My favorite combo is an M4 and K98, hands down.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like scar the most after the m4.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible that I will never win a match

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
M4 or SCAR and an UMP9 are my security blanket.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Is it possible that I will never win a match

Welcome. Would you like a pretzel while you wait for eternity?
It's not so bad here. Really.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Star Man posted:

M4 or SCAR and an UMP9 are my security blanket.

When do you find yourself switch to the UMP, and why? What's so different between an M4/SCAR on full auto and an UMP? I'm really bad so I don't know

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Phobeste posted:

When do you find yourself switch to the UMP, and why? What's so different between an M4/SCAR on full auto and an UMP? I'm really bad so I don't know

Watch the video I just posted you'll see me toggle between the two pretty often. The UMP has way less recoil than any rifle so you can sustain firing while staying on target for practically the entire mag. In close quarters this allows you to both spray while moving your mouse to hit a very fast moving target effectively- with rifles it's much more difficult to both spray and stay on target.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Counter-Strike is great because it has hitscan. Hitscan is fantastic because it means the firearms are an abstraction to enable fun gameplay, and also has great bonus side effects like scaring off insufferable milsim autists and making the server-client interaction much more straightforward. Any game with non-hitscan bullets is worse for it (arena shooters with very slow projectiles excluded obviously).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Phobeste posted:

I tend to use my M4 or SCAR for long-range single shots. I also play in groups exclusively and people are usually trying to take up all the 5.56 ammunition available, so it's easier to keep only one gun that uses that ammunition type and use a different ammunition for my secondary weapon. People tent to not fight over 9 mm like they do with 5.56 or 7.62.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i spray the poo poo out of people with the m4, currently my favorite guns are probably something like m4, scar, ump, mini, kar

has anyone here ever actually been banned for tking? I've tked entire squads before and I'm pretty sure they probably reported me, but haven't gotten in trouble for it yet.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 15, 2018

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

feelix posted:

Counter-Strike is great because it has hitscan. Hitscan is fantastic because it means the firearms are an abstraction to enable fun gameplay, and also has great bonus side effects like scaring off insufferable milsim autists and making the server-client interaction much more straightforward. Any game with non-hitscan bullets is worse for it (arena shooters with very slow projectiles excluded obviously).

Hitscan with the ranges CS deals with makes sense. Hitscan from in a game like PUBG where you can shoot at somebody 800m away does not make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I was doing the best I had ever played so far, dropped in a hot zone and immediately found awesome stuff, killed like 4 people, got on a motorcycle when it was time to move on and within a minute I had been launched into space and died.