Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Conservative Virtue Signalling:

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/963849998894096384

Can someone compile a list of these incredible tax hikes and additional red tape the government is piling on industry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

DariusLikewise posted:

Can someone compile a list of these incredible tax hikes and additional red tape the government is piling on industry?

:lol: they literally just dropped a cool billion increasing their stake in syncrude.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Isn't it telling that Conservatives have to exaggerate and lie to smear a Liberal Prime Minister

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Somebody tell them we aren't American and we didn't fight on Iraq.
Nice beard though.
Also Patrick browns meltdown continues.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Did they mean to pick a photo where he looks so good? Follow-up question: why did they do that?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

The key words there are “than other jurisdictions”.

But as you are too lazy to google here are the NDP government energy changes: https://www.alberta.ca/climate-leadership-plan.aspx

There is also “red tape” like directors of companies with orphaned wells not being allowed to get new licenses :nono:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PT6A posted:

Did they mean to pick a photo where he looks so good? Follow-up question: why did they do that?

They took a picture of him with darker skin and facial hair so he looks like a heathen Arab. Instead he looks like he got a beach tan and some hipster beard going on

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

cougar cub posted:

But as you are too lazy to google here are the NDP government energy changes: https://www.alberta.ca/climate-leadership-plan.aspx

There is also “red tape” like directors of companies with orphaned wells not being allowed to get new licenses :nono:

Why are you quoting Alberta provincial NDP policy in response to an attack on Trudeau?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

CanPol Megathread: A Marxist dictatorship led by a drugged out loser

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Tochiazuma posted:

Why are you quoting Alberta provincial NDP policy in response to an attack on Trudeau?

:confuoot: Context for the Suncor quote and was responding to Darius about a list of (industry POV) red tape / taxes.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

PT6A posted:

The same reason why one of their attack ads in 2015 had him slowly taking off his shirt.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

cougar cub posted:

:confuoot: Context for the Suncor quote and was responding to Darius about a list of (industry POV) red tape / taxes.

Referring to 'Canada' rather than 'Alberta' and 'Trudeau' rather than 'Notley' seems to show that both quotes are talking about federal red tape/taxes.

So if you're trying to show how either Williams or Scheer are on the right track here maybe you should give some examples of *federal* interference

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

One detail of one of like 15 accusations turned out to be inaccurate so Patrick Brown is now demanding to be exonerated of what he calls a "fabricated political assassination". The detail is that she was 19 not 18 so it's actually fine.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Nice, if somebody with this in their official bio

quote:

Her research interests include the use/rejection of feminism as a political tool, and stem from a ‘wtf’ moment after Donald Trump was elected as President of the United States.

trashes her career lying about being underage so that PCPO can elect a leader that will win, the shaden is worth it. Quad damage if it's Douggie.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-robson-stoking-fiery-division-over-the-boushie-verdict-doesnt-show-you-care/amp

an article i had the misfortune of coming across, now you can share in the misfortune with me. wouldn't it suck if stanley would go to jail for committing a crime even though he really, really doesn't want to go to jail?

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

vyelkin posted:

This is pretty rich considering you're the one who interjected to correct Stickarts' use of a term and are yet to consider that you may be wrong despite being confronted with a series of posts providing pretty good reasons for why Stickarts' use of the word you took offence to may have been correct and appropriate.

What I object to is Stickarts' trying to fix something that isn't broken. When a typical speaker of English refers to someone as a [visible] minority, they know exactly what the term means. Typical usage defines meaning; Stickarts isn't in a position to correct native speakers of English. "I'm right about this usage and millions of native speakers are wrong" is not a valid approach, and is not going to get you anywhere.

Dreylad posted:

Yes, people often use racialized incorrectly or inconsistently, that doesn't mean it's a silly term.

Agreed that it's useful where it's used to discuss things that are inextricably linked to race, like the willingness of law enforcement in most North American jurisdictions to resort to violence. It's bonkers to shoehorn it in place of an expression like "visible minority" that someone has arbitrarily decided is wrong, despite it being the preferred term in typical English usage (see also: "homicide bomber").

THC posted:

One detail of one of like 15 accusations turned out to be inaccurate so Patrick Brown is now demanding to be exonerated of what he calls a "fabricated political assassination". The detail is that she was 19 not 18 so it's actually fine.

The longer this goes on in public, the longer Wynne can just sit back and :allears: until the writ drops.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
How come there are so many pictures of Trudeau as a bad guy from the 90's Highlander show

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Tochiazuma posted:

Referring to 'Canada' rather than 'Alberta' and 'Trudeau' rather than 'Notley' seems to show that both quotes are talking about federal red tape/taxes.

So if you're trying to show how either Williams or Scheer are on the right track here maybe you should give some examples of *federal* interference

You, because you're an rear end in a top hat, are trying to nitpick my posts. I made no specific response to Scheer's quotes so... not sure where you're going by bringing it up as if I did.

The Suncor quote doesn't mention any level of government because Suncor is talking about Canada's regulation and taxation environment as a whole.

For example, Suncor has to ship their poo poo with pipelines. Pipelines are being regulated by multiple levels of governments at the same time.

Suncor's response to Burnaby trying to hold up the Kinder Morgan Pipeline is not :argh: "TRUUUUUUUDEEAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

But Suncor's response to the NEB not fast-tracking the KMP (even more) was definitely :argh: "TRUUUUUUUDEEAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

(I actually don't know if Suncor has committed to using part of KMP - maybe Suncor had no reaction at all? Regardless, there's your easy example of *federal* interference from Suncor's pov, jackass).

tl;dr When Suncor says Canada - they mean :canada:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
who are you going to vote for cougar cub

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cougar cub posted:

Andrew Scheer: let's get in a race to the bottom with American tax cuts :yeah:

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

JawKnee posted:

who are you going to vote for cougar cub

No one I really like tbh

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lmao

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

cougar cub posted:

You, because you're an rear end in a top hat, are trying to nitpick my posts. I made no specific response to Scheer's quotes so... not sure where you're going by bringing it up as if I did.

I'm giving you poo poo because you gave Darius poo poo for not googling up examples of what Scheer is talking about, then gave examples that had nothing to do with Trudeau, who was the target for Scheer's little rant. You addressed the Suncor quote admirably, though.

And of course I'm an rear end in a top hat, I'm posting on CanPol after all

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

cougar cub posted:

I don't get if you are trying to be ironic and be like "Look at all these regulations these poor oil companies have to go through" or if you are seriously concerned about regulations in the oil industry

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

*shrug* You asked about red tape and taxes and I provided recent legislative changes as examples.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

APTN is reporting that RCMP members made racist facebook posts about the Boushie trial.

The "N" stands for network, obviously; nobody would call this news.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RCMP are lovely racists, what a loving surprise

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CLAM DOWN posted:

RCMP are lovely racists, what a loving surprise

Who's shocked? I'm not. Even my RCMP buddy, who I remember being a decent person in high school, is getting steadily worse and more racist/sexist. ACAB :smith:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

PT6A posted:

Who's shocked? I'm not. Even my RCMP buddy, who I remember being a decent person in high school, is getting steadily worse and more racist/sexist. ACAB :smith:

"An internal review has cleared the RCMP of any wrong-doing in this matter"

oh look I just looked 6 months into the future

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Nah, a light reprimand and the loss of some paid vacation is probably in order here. People are upset, after all.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
:dogbutton:

https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/964221639666872320

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:bisonyes:

This truly is a thing of beauty. Just how loving hard can PCPO meltdown between now and when the writ is dropped?

Will Doug Ford use this as an opportunity to bounce back into the Toronto mayoral race? (Yes)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Remember when I said we were desensitized to the civility and sanity of Canadian politics

*finger on the monkey's paw curls up*

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
He's moved from "unhinged Facebook post" to "loudly disputing mutually-agreed-upon reality," by this time next week he'll be in a car chase.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Now it's Trillium Party's time to shine!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Looking good PCPO, looking good :quagmire:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

Now it's Trillium Party's time to shine!

So named because lots of people think it should be illegal to pick them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He's moved from "unhinged Facebook post" to "loudly disputing mutually-agreed-upon reality," by this time next week he'll be in a car chase.

Like, even if he really believes this, he's got to have some concept of how badly this drama is loving up the party. Directly before an election, no less.

flakeloaf posted:

So named because lots of people think it should be illegal to pick them.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My favourite part of this whole thing is that his facebook post boiled down to "The girl I fed booze to and assaulted was legally allowed to drink, checkmate libs"