Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Also, can’t buy a beer, but you can buy a rifle and ammo to murder people.

BUT ITS BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE TRADITIONAL VALUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
None of this will ever change. As a nation America has decided that getting to shoot cans or whatever is worth their dead children.

lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

mono posted:

Gotta be 25 to rent a car but a mentally challenged 19 year old can buy guns, that's a lol

:911:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
This would never have happened if everyone was allowed to bring their guns to school

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

cda posted:

I had the same question and yeah it's because there's no new lols in the middle of the night but people feel the need to post anyways.

I want to know how they can mod the cspam trump thread with a post rate of 500 per hour lol

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

This would never have happened if everyone was allowed to bring their guns to school

I’ll lol when they do let everyone have guns and the police kill more innocent bystanders than the initial gunman killed

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mono posted:

Gotta be 25 to rent a car but a mentally challenged 19 year old can buy guns, that's a lol

when u think about it, it's really just a big bullet that you can control

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cda posted:

I had the same question and yeah it's because there's no new lols in the middle of the night but people feel the need to post anyways.

That explains a lot

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Is that the one where the uzi bounces out of her hands and peppers her dads face with bullets?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think it was just the instructor and it’s a few bullets in the side of his head

And yes it’s super disturbing and I really wish people wouldn’t post that poo poo because I’d like to forget I ever saw it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Don’t be hyperbolic. I’m not advocating for government cheese but at the same time I don’t pay taxes to make other people happy, I pay them to keep society from falling apart and to keep it functioning. There are cheaper and healthier ways to spend taxpayer money than on packs of Oreos, which is small ways actually probably contributes to the cause of some peoples’ unemployment in itself.

It's me, I'm the guy who's totally cool with spending billions of dollars on military contractors marked-up trash, but God forbid my taxes buy food or medicine for a poor person.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

Is that the one where the uzi bounces out of her hands and peppers her dads face with bullets?

That but it's actually a professional instructor. She was 9

:911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCkFSe3voRc

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Applewhite posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who's totally cool with spending billions of dollars on military contractors marked-up trash, but God forbid my taxes buy food or medicine for a poor person.

You’re “Tremendous” Donny Trump???

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

No he's okay with paying for food for poor people so long as they're not allowed to have any say in what they eat because eating the occasional Oreo makes you remain unemployed

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I pay taxes to keep society from falling apart."

*sees people starving in the midst of plenty and millions dying from preventable illness while the government cuts taxes for the wealthy*

"Hmm, yes, society is functioning perfectly."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

You’re “Tremendous” Donny Trump???

lol, of course not; Trump doesn't pay any taxes.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like how we need to restrict government assistance food because someone might misuse it, but lord no don’t restrict military grade weapons from people

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Guys this isn't the time for gun control chat. Let's not risk missing some lols.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

I like how we need to restrict government assistance food because someone might misuse it, but lord no don’t restrict military grade weapons from people

My taxes can go to pay to ship lead into the stomachs of Middle Eastern babies but if one american poor uses food stamps to buy Pop Tarts instead of Safeway Brand Toaster Pockets I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/964136017170223104

"Wow, what a great turnout, to hear me speak. Great job everyone! Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, many such cases. Have fun!"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I don't want my taxes feeding the hungry!
*is happy to have taxes spent on picking bullets out of classroom walls*

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Apple white you’re starting to imagine things man are you okay

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Applewhite posted:

"I pay taxes to keep society from falling apart."

You left out the part about not paying taxes to make people happy. Because there's certainly no connection between those things.

What do you mean the poor are refusing to live docilely on gruel while working 3 jobs?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

mono posted:

"Wow, what a great turnout, to hear me speak. Great job everyone! Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, many such cases. Have fun!"

Is it wrong to hope he brings some much needed "levity" to this situation?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So... how's infrastructure week going?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Random Stranger posted:

Going to be some new school renovations in Florida so I’d say it’s off to a resoundingly successful start

Big!

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

it started with a bang

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
True story: I was arguing social welfare programs with coworkers the other day and he related an anecdote about how he watched a Black woman buy her groceries with food stamps and then spent $75 of her own money to buy liquor (many such cases!).

I made the mistake at the time of conceding that social welfare wasn't perfect but that didn't justify doing away with the system entirely. Unfortunately by agreeing that social welfare was being misused in his example my argument lost most of its teeth.

It wasn't until later, as I was trying to think of how the system could work so that people on government assistance couldn't use it to buy frivolities that I realized the folly of that line of thinking and that the entire concept of "Welfare Queens," is total and complete bullshit.

Who cares if someone on government assistance can buy luxury items with the money left over from not paying for food? Isn't that the whole point? To assist these people in paying for their basic amenities so that their expendable income can be used to participate in the capitalist system? My coworker called this woman a "parasite" because she bought liquor, but she wasn't a parasite to the liquor company. If anything, the existence of "welfare queens" is a sign that social assistance is working correctly because all of these potential customers who can barely afford to subsist on the most basic staples are now able to patronize a wider variety of businesses and products.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

mono posted:

I was, very saddened, to hear the news coming out of, Florida today. They voted for me so much down there, so many good people down there in Florida. They love me down there. But, there are some bad people too, and it’s really bad that these people, they’re dangerous, and we have to report them to authorities, you gotta report them.
Now the dems, they are trying to politicise this tragedy, it’s really sad. The families are mourning and they want to blame me. Very sad to see they want to do that. Shifty Schumer will try to use it, believe me, but I will make sure we deal with it. We have great people working on a solution and you’re gonna love it. The dems should be working on a deal and stop fighting the wall!
Ok, wow, a lot of people here today. Thank you for your support, and Godblsemerica.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

You left out the part about not paying taxes to make people happy. Because there's certainly no connection between those things.

What do you mean the poor are refusing to live docilely on gruel while working 3 jobs?

I don't pay taxes to make people happy; I pay taxes to make people sad!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, the coworker from my earlier story also lamented that food stamps come on a digital card now instead of as actual, cumbersome stamps because using a card "wasn't humiliating enough," and that if poor people aren't humiliated, they wouldn't have any incentive to stop being poor.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jose already said stop posting about that here, make a thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I know that if I lived in a filthy tenement in a crime-ridden neighborhood, I'd basically have no reason to leave as long as the government kept me swimming in Oreo brand cookies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jose already said stop posting about that here, make a thread

This is the thread for lols about Trump and his retarded supporters. My coworker is a Trump supporter so the story is on topic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Oh yeah, the coworker from my earlier story also lamented that food stamps come on a digital card now instead of as actual, cumbersome stamps because using a card "wasn't humiliating enough," and that if poor people aren't humiliated, they wouldn't have any incentive to stop being poor.

I live in an area where there's a lot of people on food assistance and I see those cards all the time. If their problem is that people won't know that they're a filthy poor, then they're wrong, everyone knows. But the cashier is also on that same program and their neighbors are and any one who is a decent human being doesn't give a gently caress. I mean, I still judge people on the groceries they buy but then I do that with everyone. ("How many pounds of bacon does one person need? And it's Oscar Myer bacon, not even decent stuff!")

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

I was, very saddened, to hear the news coming out of, Florida today. They voted for me so much down there, so many good people down there in Florida. They love me down there. But, there are some bad people too, and it’s really bad that these people, they’re dangerous, and we have to report them to authorities, you gotta report them.
Now the dems, they are trying to politicise this tragedy, it’s really sad. The families are mourning and they want to blame me. Very sad to see they want to do that. Shifty Schumer will try to use it, believe me, but I will make sure we deal with it. We have great people working on a solution and you’re gonna love it. The dems should be working on a deal and stop fighting the wall!
Ok, wow, a lot of people here today. Thank you for your support, and Godblsemerica.
No random capitalisation or parenthesis, quote marks around words that aren't quotes. Cmon man put some effort into it.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
It's really cool how huge and blatant the problems are getting and how republicans can just shrug and nobody cares because the left hasn't cultivated a generation of psychotic zealots just to line their own pockets.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mono posted:

I'm just quoting this for later because lol smooth brain won't be able to stick to the script

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

True story: I was arguing social welfare programs with coworkers the other day and he related an anecdote about how he watched a Black woman buy her groceries with food stamps

It's always a black woman

Do middle class black people tell STDH about how they saw a white woman (it's always a woman in these stories) buying expensive organic quinoa or whatever with welfare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Durzel posted:

No random capitalisation or parenthesis, quote marks around words that aren't quotes. Cmon man put some effort into it.

This is my guess at his address, not even the don can put capital letters into the spoken word