Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Something possessed me to reread Transmetropolitan.

It's not as funny now :barf:

The parallels between Trump and Callahan (and these days to Transmetropolitan in general) are eerily reminiscent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

I hope Bibi gets perpwalked on international TV and it gives Kirchen a stroke.

I would get this picture blown up into a poster and mount it on my wall

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Onion tweet. The first comment is someone unironically saying that this is the price of freedom. :suicide:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ZeButler posted:

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Onion tweet. The first comment is someone unironically saying that this is the price of freedom. :suicide:

Here's my hot take:

If your freedom requires the constant ending of other peoples' lives, maybe it's not a freedom you should have.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hidden Mickey

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cool Google Image Search for that logo, you horrible, glib, crocodile-tear'd human.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ZeButler posted:

What was that cartoon where there were literally children being sacrificed to The Gun God? I wanna say it was a Bagley or something

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Why do they keep drawing him with a giant bump.

Because that's a cartoonish exaggeration of what he looks like IRL.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

No Ring 2/10

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pants Donkey posted:

Forget not this Lester in which even he admits a gun still can't save everyone. And Giffords get shot twice, which I imagine is no loss to Lester.

Wait, there’s no impact from any of these bullets.
Zoom in. Enhance.
The woman on the right is using the crazy person’s ineffective rampage as an excuse to kill the woman on the left. It was a false flag all along! Someone call Garrison.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Showerhead Zuma might be my favorite artistic spin on a caricature.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Bors' Trump caricature looking way less disheveled than usual.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MelvinBison posted:

Bors' Trump caricature looking way less disheveled than usual.

Balde

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

His Kelly doesn't look ghoulish enough imho.

e: assuming that's Kelly and not Miller.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It was a couple of days ago now and the news has moved on but lol at

quote:

the famous movie, "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kind late, but I find Garrison negging on weed so funny for all the bitching about "deep state" he does. It makes it so transparent that his problem with the deep state isn't "malicious actors manipulating things to benefit specific individuals" but "people I don't like manipulating things to benefit specific individuals"

Like, I'm not crazy - if there's anything that could be reasonably seen as "deep state" it'd be the way the war on pot/drugs was fabricated, right?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oxyclean posted:

Kind late, but I find Garrison negging on weed so funny for all the bitching about "deep state" he does. It makes it so transparent that his problem with the deep state isn't "malicious actors manipulating things to benefit specific individuals" but "people I don't like manipulating things to benefit specific individuals"

Like, I'm not crazy - if there's anything that could be reasonably seen as "deep state" it'd be the way the war on pot/drugs was fabricated, right?

Most libertarians seem to agree that yeah the war on drugs is bullshit but they tend not to recognize the racial aspect of it or the involvement of the prison-industrial complex. They usually just chalk it up to misguided puritanical beliefs about drugs.

Ben's been drinking nazi kool-aid for so long I guess he can no longer agree with libertarians about the one issue that typically separates them from Republicans.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A lot of D&D and the forums in general seems to be floating the idea of arming teachers, so I had to dig this gem up from the politoon archive:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

A lot of D&D and the forums in general seems to be floating the idea of arming teachers, so I had to dig this gem up from the politoon archive:

"Arm the teachers" is literally the ancap solution to this problem, in that arming another subset of people is their solution to every problem

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

loquacius posted:

"Arm the teachers" is literally the ancap solution to this problem, in that arming another subset of people is their solution to every problem

This is the only debate we are allowed to have about guns in our society. Status quo vs. introducing thousands more guns to the situation.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I don't remember clearly, but Al Franken denied?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I don't remember clearly, but Al Franken denied?

IIRC it was something along the lines of "that's certainly not how I remember the interaction going but *mumble mumble*"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

loquacius posted:

Substitute teachers will have like a neon coloured "learning pistol" with one bullet and the gun is tied to the teachers desk by a neat brass chain so no one steals it.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

Just cut out the middleman and arm the kids.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pakled posted:

Ben's been drinking nazi kool-aid for so long I guess he can no longer agree with libertarians about the one issue that typically separates them from Republicans.
I don't know if he was pro-weed but he was anti-cop-speeding-ticket back in '11 at least.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rincewinds posted:

There is a sale on Transmetropolitan, is it still worth a read?

https://www.comixology.eu/comics-sale?list_id=22396&lang=

So long as you don't mind giving money to a shithead who thinks you're stupid. If you can put out enough death of the author wattage for that, get the Absolute volumes because they look amazing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jedit posted:

So long as you don't mind giving money to a shithead who thinks you're stupid.
As in, a comics author?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jurgan posted:

Yep, there's no way a corrupt politician would ever attack the news media for being dishonest.

Oooooooh, yeah I read that very wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

So long as you don't mind giving money to a shithead who thinks you're stupid.

You can't even buy groceries without giving money to shitheads who thinks you're stupid.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred posted:

You can't even buy groceries without giving money to shitheads who thinks you're stupid.

Self scanning :eng101:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Katt posted:

Yeah I don't think the cashier is really the issue in this scenario

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Katt posted:

But that's the rear end in a top hat who hates me the most!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

no but self-scanners make appropriating food easier

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Peanut Butler posted:

no but self-scanners make appropriating food easier

Pick one up before entering. Scan as you go. Insert it into a slot at the end, slide your card and leave.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Katt posted:

Zuma: Is that small job you offered still available?
Queen: Are you loving crazy. You'll steal my grave
(I don't get it)

People have been debating about who's going to be Head of the Commonwealth when Queen Elizabeth II dies. Some people thought Zuma would be a good candidate.

As for the "stealing my grave" remark, maybe the Queen thinks Zuma would make a mess of it and ruin her legacy?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A mexitoon:

"The wall the USA needs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Katt posted: