Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Stopwatch mastery on ptr is going from a 6 minute activation to 10 minutes.

They just want to bash that watch with a hammer and seem to regret ever making it.

As someone who is not playing the game, but does still watch the occasional stream I think it's loving awful. In the beginning I thought "oh, I guess they gave Zhonya's a new buildpath, that's cool". And then I noticed that everybody was getting it and it got old fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Just play yasuo and feed like everyone else

you can feed with anything, check my op.gg for proof

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mierenneuker posted:

As someone who is not playing the game, but does still watch the occasional stream I think it's loving awful. In the beginning I thought "oh, I guess they gave Zhonya's a new buildpath, that's cool". And then I noticed that everybody was getting it and it got old fast.

It's an issue when most people are using it defensively, rather than using it aggressively to pull off batshit tower dives.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

el dingo posted:

Actually I think I'm gonna ban nasus every time, I see him every game these days. He keeps losing but im sick of seeing stupid braindead stackdog mashing Q in top, complaining that they can't carry their poo poo team and requiring too many resources to bring down.

Nobody wants to see nasus in a game. I doubt even the people playing him do. He's so boring

I like seeing Nasus on the enemy team, and I still think Nasus is sleeper OP with his winrate being held down by people who're under the delusion that they should join fights instead of just taking every tower and inhib.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

njsykora posted:

It's an issue when most people are using it defensively, rather than using it aggressively to pull off batshit tower dives.

the reason they arent using it to pull off batshit tower dives is the other guy also has stopwatch so they cant tower dive him

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't hate stopwatch because I hate champs that can towerdive with impunity more and stopwatch lets you survive exactly one of those dives. Ill still rally behind removing flash from the game though.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Remove flash and add an item that grants a double range flash and some measly stats if necessary. Call it “flash knife”.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flash is too ingrained into the game design at this point, every new champion is designed around a first second short range teleport being a thing everyone has. removing it would require 60 billion reworks

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I know all that, just been beatng that drum since season 2 and I thought id bring it back.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

Honestly, enabling batshit tower dives is exactly what I hate this item for. Assassins are an atrocious error of game design even without an additional 2.5 seconds of invulnerability.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Aumanor posted:

Honestly, enabling batshit tower dives is exactly what I hate this item for. Assassins are an atrocious error of game design even without an additional 2 seconds of invulnerability.

The tower is not there to protect you. You are there to protect the tower.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Too many Nasus players think "I kill the enemy carry in two hits and need four for a tower. Clearly I'm useless to my team and need to gently caress off and farm more."

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Assassins are an atrocious error of game design even without an additional 2.5 seconds of invulnerability.

what..???????

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I have no self awareness and only think about how assassins interact with me and not how they add a lot to the game, especially when you are going to lose to that mpg maw unless someone pops him

Complaining about assassins is imo the best way to identify a player that takes pride in their skill and yet refuses to improve or actually break out of bronze. Same with blitz. These are champs that will auto win unless you actively look to punish them. Just saying ‘hmmm well maybe if I just farm he’ll leave me alone’ and then complaining about how unfun zed is when you inevitably allow him to safely scale, or make zero effort into understanding how to deny them their damage. Instead you need to learn how to look for opportunities to create advantages, before they press their commitment button. This is unfortunately 5% harder than aggressively avoiding champs and just ‘trying to farm’ and why actually learn how to play those matchups when you can just throw your hands up in resignation after you did nothing to punish 3 blitz hooks that missed and you finally died on the 4th

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I have never seen Kevin go in so hard on someone lmao

For content is anybody else been trying phase Rush on some junglers? I'm enjoying it on Udyr and Xon in certain matches

strong bird
May 12, 2009

just ban them every game and you never have to figure them out *taps temple*

if you asked me waht the yellow samurai (NOT RACIST) did i wouldnt be able to tell you other than he has omnislash but it's a basic spell

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

For content is anybody else been trying phase Rush on some junglers? I'm enjoying it on Udyr and Xon in certain matches

That's bond

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

of course its the yasuo, of course

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Zoe is perfectly balanced guys

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientTolerantClintmullinsTBTacoLeft

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

denying pentas by running = coward

denying pentas by making a suicidal attack on the prospective penter, killing them, and going down guns blazing = warrior

the only pentas worth talking about or even acknowledging are ones where a single player is working against all other nine players. if anyone, including someone on your team, helps you get a penta and doesnt actively try to steal or prevent it, it is worthless

Rygar201 posted:

hes completely right, people that whine incessantly about yasuo or zed or whatnot are trash people

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 16, 2018

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I want to start learning mid. I'm mostly a 1 trick Zyra support. Since I always queue for support, I am usually autofill protected. The problem is, what do I put for my second option when I queue for mid? I can't put support, because I'll get it, guaranteed. Zyra isn't good top or jg, is she?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

The Dregs posted:

The problem is, what do I put for my second option when I queue for mid? I can't put support, because I'll get it, guaranteed.

I queue mid/sup and I get mid more than half the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zyra isnt good mid either

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Endorph posted:

zyra isnt good mid either

She seems fine to me. Bu at this point i'm just trying to branch out, and I know her well. Who do you suggest? I want someone who farms easily.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Another option is to queue mid/adc and when you dont get mid ask to trade for supp. Adc because then you run less risk of being top/jng alongside a bot duo who wont trade away supp, but frankly I'd just start queueing up mid/sup and see how well that treats you.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Someone who farms easily is Malzahar. He's braindead easy but you actually need awareness of ganks because his only hard CC also stops him in his tracks so you can't just run away like Zyra can with her E

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Camel Camus posted:

On that topic what's everyone banning these days? Is Swain worth a ban? I see him catch one pretty regularly but he seems pretty feast or famine right now and my gut tells me I'd rather make sure I don't have Fiora or Shyvana in the game.

gently caress a bunch of vayne

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i ban lee sin a lot(read: every time leona is not in the meta) because there are a lot of lee sin mains so it makes it really easy to put someone out of their jungle comfort picks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I won 9 of my 10 calibration matches and got put in bronze 5. Anyway its been really fun desperately trying to 1v9 every match.

But i gotta say most of these new masteries are horrible to play against. Especially all the glitchy Aery interactions that lets it proc multiple times without cooldown and stuff. But most especially the stupid free stopwatch talent almost everyone takes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I won 9 of my 10 calibration matches and got put in bronze 5. Anyway its been really fun desperately trying to 1v9 every match.

But i gotta say most of these new masteries are horrible to play against. Especially all the glitchy Aery interactions that lets it proc multiple times without cooldown and stuff. But most especially the stupid free stopwatch talent almost everyone takes

granted the stopwatch is some poo poo but if you are in bronze 5 you gotta up ya fundamentals. what is your number of last hits you usually have in 10 minutes?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

The Dregs posted:

She seems fine to me. Bu at this point i'm just trying to branch out, and I know her well. Who do you suggest? I want someone who farms easily.

When I think farms easily the names that jump to mind are waveclear mages like Ziggs, Morg, Lux, maybe Ori and Galio.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

um isn't Lux like the only mage that can't farm well with one spell rotation? Ziggs and Velkoz would be pretty straightforward jumps from zyra though.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Lux doesn't really clear waves all that well but you can use Q to snare the first two creeps, which will make the dudes behind them try to path around them, and then detonate E on the entire wave instead of just 3/4ths of it or whatever you can get with a regular E cast

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lux can also take dematerialiser now to help that clear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Especially all the glitchy Aery interactions that lets it proc multiple times without cooldown and stuff.

that isnt glitchy thats just how it interacts with dots

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

The Dregs posted:

I can't put support, because I'll get it, guaranteed. Zyra isn't good top or jg, is she?

Fwiw I put jungle /support for the last ~20 games and only got support once. Might help to play during peak hours.

Jungle Zyra isn't as good as she used to be, but she's playable in the jungle still imo. Maybe not in ranked though, too be fair.

I'd try mages like morg/velkoz and brand. I think playing Zyra is pretty transferable to a lot of long range mages like that.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I have no self awareness and only think about how assassins interact with me and not how they add a lot to the game, especially when you are going to lose to that mpg maw unless someone pops him

Complaining about assassins is imo the best way to identify a player that takes pride in their skill and yet refuses to improve or actually break out of bronze. Same with blitz. These are champs that will auto win unless you actively look to punish them. Just saying ‘hmmm well maybe if I just farm he’ll leave me alone’ and then complaining about how unfun zed is when you inevitably allow him to safely scale, or make zero effort into understanding how to deny them their damage. Instead you need to learn how to look for opportunities to create advantages, before they press their commitment button. This is unfortunately 5% harder than aggressively avoiding champs and just ‘trying to farm’ and why actually learn how to play those matchups when you can just throw your hands up in resignation after you did nothing to punish 3 blitz hooks that missed and you finally died on the 4th

YOu build between two and nine sheens a game.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
In Fairness I doubt any one would really have a problem with zed or similar if they also built frozen heart on adc.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

You can put support secondary now and not get it every game, they juiced the role enough that it's approaching the others in popularity now rather than being a huge outlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
hello i am tahm kench support