Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Volition: Saints Row but on Coruscant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

A Platinum Jedi lightsaber game would be so obvious. But a Chewbacca beatemup though...

God Paw

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can't think of any developers who would be good for a pure pew-pew starships game, which is too bad.

Like the big thing is Battlefront is by its nature just about being one dude of many, which is fine (at least until you start plopping lootboxes everywhere) but if you're gonna have a Star Wars video game it should be about being a space hero like Luke or Rey or Obi-Wan.

Maybe an FPS in the Dark Forces vein would be more fitting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wrongest post in the world.

Platinum makes button mashers with no depth, terrible anime story lines, stupid characters and gameplay that seldom, if ever, changes. MadWorld, Bayonetta and MGR:R are some of the dullest turds a developer has ever pinched, Vanquish only being slightly better (if even that). They also co-developed Star Fox Zero which is probably the worst game I've ever played.

I heard good things about Nier but I'm pretty sure it's more of the same.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

Platinum makes button mashers with no depth, terrible anime story lines, stupid characters and gameplay that seldom, if ever, changes. MadWorld, Bayonetta and MGR:R are some of the dullest turds a developer has ever pinched, Vanquish only being slightly better (if even that). They also co-developed Star Fox Zero which is probably the worst game I've ever played.

I heard good things about Nier but I'm pretty sure it's more of the same.

Source your quotes

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ughhghgghhghh how dare you not like the games I like!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Ughhghgghhghh how dare you not like the games I like!!!

It was a bad post, calm down

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Button mashers with no depth?? Brah....

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I remember playing Devil May Cry.

And then they just changed the anime character.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

it is unacceptable for a company to make more than one game of the same genre imo which is why I havent played a game for 20 years

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

I remember playing Devil May Cry.

And then they just changed the anime character.

Okay?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's true.

All you need in life is Raiden 2

:lol: Who just jumped on that guy for saying he didn't like their games??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Let me take a guess.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Seibu Kaihatsu makes button mashers with no depth, terrible anime story lines, stupid characters and gameplay that seldom, if ever, changes. Stinger, Viper Phase 1 and Raiden Fighters Jet are some of the dullest turds a developer has ever pinched, Raiden 2 only being slightly better (if even that). They also co-developed Dynamite Duke which is probably the worst game I've ever played.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: Who just jumped on that guy for saying he didn't like their games??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Let me take a guess.

You're being really weird about this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seibu Kaihatsu makes button mashers with no depth, terrible anime story lines, stupid characters and gameplay that seldom, if ever, changes. Stinger, Viper Phase 1 and Raiden Fighters Jet are some of the dullest turds a developer has ever pinched, Raiden 2 only being slightly better (if even that). They also co-developed Dynamite Duke which is probably the worst game I've ever played.

Heh. Source..... your quotes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Heh. Source..... your quotes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3837020&perpage=40&pagenumber=198#post481290538

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice, good source IMO.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Nice, good source IMO.

Source your quotes

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/

quote:

George Walton Lucas, Jr. was raised on a walnut ranch in Modesto, California. His father was a stationery store owner and he had three siblings. During his late teen years, he went to Thomas Downey High School and was very much interested in drag racing. He planned to become a professional racecar driver. However, a terrible car accident just after his high school graduation ended that dream permanently. The accident changed his views on life.

He decided to attend Modesto Junior College before enrolling in the University of Southern California film school. As a film student, he made several short films including Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB (1967) which won first prize at the 1967-68 National Student Film Festival. In 1967, he was awarded a scholarship by Warner Brothers to observe the making of Finian's Rainbow (1968) which was being directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Lucas and Coppola became good friends and formed American Zoetrope in 1969. The company's first project was Lucas' full-length version of THX 1138 (1971). In 1971, Coppola went into production for The Godfather (1972), and Lucas formed his own company, Lucasfilm Ltd.

In 1973, he wrote and directed the semiautobiographical American Graffiti (1973) which won the Golden Globe and garnered five Academy Award nominations. This gave him the clout he needed for his next daring venture. From 1973 to 1974, he began writing the screenplay which became Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977). He was inspired to make this movie from Flash Gordon and the Planet of the Apes films. In 1975, he established ILM. (Industrial Light & Magic) to produce the visual effects needed for the movie. Another company called Sprocket Systems was established to edit and mix Star Wars and later becomes known as Skywalker Sound. His movie was turned down by several studios until 20th Century Fox gave him a chance. Lucas agreed to forego his directing salary in exchange for 40% of the film's box-office take and all merchandising rights. The movie went on to break all box office records and earned seven Academy Awards. It redefined the term "blockbuster" and the rest is history.

Lucas made the other Star Wars films and along with Steven Spielberg created the Indiana Jones series which made box office records of their own. From 1980 to 1985, Lucas was busy with the construction of Skywalker Ranch, built to accommodate the creative, technical, and administrative needs of Lucasfilm. Lucas also revolutionized movie theaters with the THX system which was created to maintain the highest quality standards in motion picture viewing.

He went on to produce several more movies that have introduced major innovations in filmmaking technology. He is chairman of the board of the George Lucas Educational Foundation. In 1992, George Lucas was honored with the Irving G. Thalberg Award by the Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for his lifetime achievement.

He reentered the directing chair with the production of the highly-anticipated Star Wars prequel trilogy beginning with Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) . The films have been polarizing for fans and critics alike, but were commercially successful and have become a part of culture. The animated spin-off series Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) was supervised by Lucas. He sold Lucasfilm to Disney in 2012, making co-chair Kathleen Kennedy president. He has attended the premieres of new Star Wars films and been generally supportive of them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yo, check out this pimp rear end stormtrooper from the Solo toyline.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The true cruelty of the empire, putting Johnny Stormtrooper back on duty so soon after breaking both his ankles.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Lord and Miller knew what they were doing.

Also I just watched Inferno and it was the dullest movie I’ve ever seen. It’s ugly and boring as hell. Pun intended because gently caress.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The MSJ posted:

love how it goes from neat to bad as you scroll vertically

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Platinum makes button mashers with no depth, terrible anime story lines, stupid characters and gameplay that seldom, if ever, changes.

You're thinking of Ninja Theory. Easy mistake.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

The MSJ posted:

These are apparently Range Troopers. And with the mountains in the trailers, I'm wondering if they'll be used there and use their power leg armor to climb and jump around.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's weird how Disney introduced like twenty variants of Stormtroopers but barely changed the spaceships.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's weird how Disney introduced like twenty variants of Stormtroopers but barely changed the spaceships.

Huh? All of Disney's Star Wars films have introduced new spaceships, both brand new and iterations of OT stuff.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cus troopers are easy to create variants of, since it was already established pretty early on they have adaptive divisions for all the mono-climate planets they might be deployed on. Ships on the other hand are a little more difficult because they imply a progression of technology. If poo poo comes across as superior to a craft shown to exist later on in the saga, it won't make any sense why it isn't still being used in movies that take place later on.

Then again, all this bullshit takes some suspension of belief in one way or another. So yeah, I guess it is kinda weird?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

UmOk posted:

The Elder Scrolls: Star Wars

I would really rather they just put those resources into making another Elder Scrolls game. And I don't mean multiplayer poo poo. :colbert:

Serf
May 5, 2011

I think the stormtrooper looks good and I like his metal booties and fur coat.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know if anyone else can see it but they're just collapsible snow shoes. They're folded up at the moment

I'm digging it

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Penpal posted:

I don't know if anyone else can see it but they're just collapsible snow shoes. They're folded up at the moment

I'm digging it

Dayyyyum. Pimp Trooper has form AND function.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

Huh? All of Disney's Star Wars films have introduced new spaceships, both brand new and iterations of OT stuff.

yeah, they even made a new death star!!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah, they even made a new death star!!!

Nah, they haven't done that yet. Though the DS1 showed up in Rogue One

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They had a death star (common noun) in The Force Awakens. It was called Starkiller Base.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

Nah, they haven't done that yet. Though the DS1 showed up in Rogue One

thank you for never breaking kayfabe jivjov

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27 posted:

They had a death star (common noun) in The Force Awakens. It was called Starkiller Base.

^superweapon

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

jivjov posted:

^superweapon

I consider it a Death Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

it literally brought death to a star