Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

OhFunny posted:

Yay! My first Primal Ancient Legendary and it is something very useful!

Edit: hmm. Reroll the lightning damage to Life on Hit or the level req to Life on Kill? Useful was underselling it. It's a near-perfect roll for the Sunwuko build. I'll probably never replace it.

Uh if you roll off the damage it's going to be weak as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Vit to either AD or LoH.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sunwuko doesn't need cool down, does it? I'd roll cool down off for like... Reduced resource cost.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sunwuko doesn't need cool down, does it?

I imagine it probably wants it for more Epiphany uptime, if nothing else?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

I imagine it probably wants it for more Epiphany uptime, if nothing else?

Maybe... The build I used had Obsidian Ring, and wave of light has such an insanely high casting cost that lower resources basically translates into reduced cool down.

Man I miss my seasonal monk already

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Maybe... The build I used had Obsidian Ring, and wave of light has such an insanely high casting cost that lower resources basically translates into reduced cool down.

Man I miss my seasonal monk already

Ah, fair enough, the one I looked up on DiabloFans was using Unity and COE, with cubed RoRG.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
I read somewhere that you want -% resource cost if you're using the Focus/Restraint variant, and you want -%cooldown if you're using the Unity/CoE version. I'm not sure why that is though, and looking at a few of the high end clears shows people stacking both for the Unity/CoE version. Cooldown is very important though for using Epiphany and Air Ally.

I'd swap Vitality to Life on Hit (if you don't have it on the other weapon), Area Damage, or -%resource cost.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I haven’t played WD in a while - how’s Jade these days?

Honestly the last two times I’ve picked “not DH” as my starting class, I regretted it, and with a free shadow set I’m sorely tempted to again, just to get up to speed faster.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I salvaged all of my non-primal items on my non-season characters.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Thanks for the advice goons or I might have ruined that primal.

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, fair enough, the one I looked up on DiabloFans was using Unity and COE, with cubed RoRG.

I think we're looking at the same build and it notes to use Unity when solo pushing and Obsidian when in group or if you want 100% up-time on Epiphany .

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

OhFunny posted:

Thanks for the advice goons or I might have ruined that primal.

Yeah, next time I get a primal, I'll definitely double check before rerolling anything on it.

"It's okay, it's guaranteed perfect rolls, I can always reroll to a different affix if I need to!"

:suicide:

(e: context for non-DHs:

This is the 6 piece bonus from Unhallowed Essence: Your generators, Multishot, and Vengeance deal 100% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

What's not a primary affix? +12 Discipline.)

Jan fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 18, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jan posted:

"It's okay, it's guaranteed perfect rolls, I can always reroll to a different affix if I need to!"

Ouch, that pains me.

I'm sure I've hosed up plenty of ancient items somehow but it's not like it would matter in 3 months to me anyway.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

What? It's for MS M6! :v:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Kyrosiris posted:

What? It's for MS M6! :v:

I've actually been using it in a bastard M4/N2 speedrun hybrid, yeah. Numlock trick Rain of Vengeance + Dark Cloud, so that I basically always have 2-5 homing clouds of Rain of Vengeance, and throw down sentries to boost damage when dealing with elites and bosses.

It worked, but it never came close to my GR90 pushing wizard who got ripped 1 month back. :unsmith:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Ouch, that pains me.

I'm sure I've hosed up plenty of ancient items somehow but it's not like it would matter in 3 months to me anyway.

That's why you should only play seasonal.

Every character is like a sand castle, eventually the tide will wash all mistakes away.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Vakal posted:

That's why you should only play H A R D C O R E.

Every character is like a sand castle, eventually the tide will wash all mistakes away.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I guess Invoker still suffers from being impotent while not being hit? Or did they refix that dagger to actually work with the set bonus, so you can kill things by hitting them?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

We get our usual new weekly Challenge Rift today, around 4pm ET. Remember NOT to complete it so you can save it for Friday to start off the season with a nice leap in mats and gold. It should be a Crusader one. I'll probably jump in and check it out, note the pylons, etc. but someone on Reddit will probably have a full map sometime this week.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tahirovic posted:

I guess Invoker still suffers from being impotent while not being hit? Or did they refix that dagger to actually work with the set bonus, so you can kill things by hitting them?

If you mean Hack, the Thorns 1-handed Ace, yes. But Invoker’s DPS comes from single target damage from your set bonuses, not actually from Thorns AoE

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Vakal posted:

That's why you should only play seasonal.

Notice how I said I wouldn't care in 3 months? How long does a season last? :)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My seasonal WD is my release day WD that I rebirth every season so I’d never delete him and hopefully by 2022 I can figure out a hardlight hologram so my spooky animal grandpa can give me away at my wedding.

I’ve also RIPPED like probably 20 Crusaders & Barbarians in the last 3 years but my monk lives and breathes but she’s begging to come out of retirement and I’m sure she’s gonna RIP.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Made it to Paragon 800 last night.

Main stat inflation here I come.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Probably gonna be a Crusader this season

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Haven't played a Necro at any length. Is Inarius good?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lazy Bones is a joy and I’m absolutely demolishing T13 at breakneck pace

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

It's not as strong as the other three sets, but it's very easy, lazy, and flexible in the skills you use.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Auramancer is a lazy variant that is, as far as I can tell, is the most effective version. It should take you into the 80s no problem without you much looking at the screen at all.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Probably gonna be a Crusader this season

Same. Never played one before, but the Gift set looks to be right up my alley. I love watching demons kill themselves by farting in my general direction.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love playing Invoker because I say Bam every time I hit a mob with a generator and I get to sit at my computer like this:
“Pony- BAMBAMBAMBAM Pony - BAMBAMBAM -PONY BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM” forever

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 19, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Really funny to me that you actually roll Damage OFF of your weapon?!

So, we start the season with 400 blood shards and enough resources to Cube some powers (thanks to the Challenge Rift rewards).

At level 1, a Crusader can get either Heart of Iron, Gabriel's Vambraces, or Guard of Johanna. I know I'll want Heart of Iron for my Thorns build eventually, but as far as getting my fella up to level 70, I should probably use my blood shards to get/cube a Guard of Johanna, right?

Doing 250% extra Blessed Hammer damage will make 1-70 go a bit faster.

With a little luck I might even be able to nab and cube Gabriel's Vambraces, too.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 19, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

I love playing Invoker because I say Bam every time I hit a mob with a generator and I get to sit at my computer like this:
“Pony- BAMBAMBAMBAM Pony - BAMBAMBAM -PONY BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM” forever

Sounds like you're straight out of the Flintstones cartoon.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

FYI, this week is a Crusader CR. It's a condemn build, but without the 6pc bonus (on NA). It uses unity, but the follower doesn't have an immortality token. I went 3 levels deep exploring. Level 1 was a nice open level, but 2 was a long sewer and 3 was a cave, so get as much as you can on level 1. There's also a Power and Shield pylon on level 1. Level 2 has a Channeling pylon, pretty deep into the sewers. I didn't see anything in level 3 before the RG spawned (The Binder - big spiderlady).

Remember, don't complete it this week until after the new season has started if you want the rewards on your level 1 seasonal character.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

DrSeRRoD posted:

We get our usual new weekly Challenge Rift today, around 4pm ET. Remember NOT to complete it so you can save it for Friday to start off the season with a nice leap in mats and gold.

DrSeRRoD posted:

Remember, don't complete it this week until after the new season has started if you want the rewards on your level 1 seasonal character.

:emptyquote:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Seriously it is a huge deal to start the season with all those materials.

My Monk got to have Rivera Dancers cubed at Level 1 which was insane

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Seriously it is a huge deal to start the season with all those materials.

My Monk got to have Rivera Dancers cubed at Level 1 which was insane

Agreed. Going for this exactly this season.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DrSeRRoD posted:

It's not as strong as the other three sets, but it's very easy, lazy, and flexible in the skills you use.
I'm probably playing Necro next season, but the Corpse Lance/Land of the Dead builds seem really awkward to play, so I'm hoping to bonemance my way to the season journey and then call it before I have to push much higher.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm getting kinda bored with MHW so I'm glad there's another season coming up soon. Diablo 3 has ruined all other types of loot-based grind games for me, I want to clear dungeons in 2 minutes exploding everything in sight not take 25 minutes to kill a single monster.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Running a TXIII rift, we hit fields of misery.

Necro and Barb run down and left, me and Demon hunter go right, we each kill one elite pack.

Necromancer proceeds to spam party chat with pure rage and vitriol because we aren’t stacking and he’s losing drops and we’re idiot retards and need to l2p then leaves after we have 85% of the rift done, he started typing at 15%

Dude had 2400 paragon

As someone whose been playing since release... lol

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

hah. I hate when people split up because I want those sweet, sweet DBs. But I don't rage quit because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
It's real dumb because necros can go stupid fast all the time with the right build so he should easily be able to just run around the map picking poo poo up while everyone else does all the work.