Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

C-Euro posted:

This quote from the main thread

has me wondering what a low-curve Ponza deck would look like with BBE, maybe with a black splash. Basically Ponza with fewer big creature and mana dorks, and with four BBE and some value creatures or always-useful spells like extra Bolts and Beast Withins. Like

Arbor Elf
Bolt
Stone Rain
Beast Within
BBE
Finks
OGW Nissa
Other creatures with good ETB triggers
???

E: Or maybe a Jund analogue of Little Kid Abzan? Is that even possible?

i think ponza works because you get to ramp into stuff that is bigger than what everyone else has. like you get to play inferno titans and Basically Plague Wind that also damages your opponent and things like that. If the "land destruction and sort of efficient threats" plan is good enough, i think the best version exists in something like Blink Riders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I just took what I already had and jammed in some BBEs and tweaked my creatures (as I expected to, I saw an uptick in aggro so need to drop the curve a little and add more early lifegain).

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/939158#paper

Huntmaster is pretty dope right now with this bizarre Flameblade Adept nonsense flying around, when you need that second blocker on turn 2-3 and the wolf token saves your rear end.

Still, there's nothing like turn 1 Arbor Elf, opponent plays a Colonnade or some other tapped land, turn 2 land, Utopia Sprawl, BBE cascade into Blood Moon.

Side note: Despise the word "Ponza" with every fiber of my being. I have no idea why, it's just the stupidest nonsensical name for a deck.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So, is the most expensive part of most modern combo decks still the manabase? Putting aside I guess the super chase cards like Tarmogoyf and JtmS which I understand is legal again?

One of these days I really want to start getting into modern, as it seems like one of the most fun formats. I have a modern UR storm deck in MTGO that I like a lot, and is mostly super cheap, but the $100+ in lands alone for a paper version has always been a little hard to swallow.

I guess it sounds like they're reprinting a lot of modern staples now, so hopefully shocklands are one of them eventually?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i think ponza works because you get to ramp into stuff that is bigger than what everyone else has. like you get to play inferno titans and Basically Plague Wind that also damages your opponent and things like that. If the "land destruction and sort of efficient threats" plan is good enough, i think the best version exists in something like Blink Riders

Yeah I want to cascade into cool cards with BBE but the cards that help Ponza ramp up and be Ponza are decidedly uncool, at least for Cascade. BBE into Blightning or mana denial like Blood Moon or Stone Rain sounds rad though...

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I just took what I already had and jammed in some BBEs and tweaked my creatures (as I expected to, I saw an uptick in aggro so need to drop the curve a little and add more early lifegain).

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/939158#paper

Huntmaster is pretty dope right now with this bizarre Flameblade Adept nonsense flying around, when you need that second blocker on turn 2-3 and the wolf token saves your rear end.

Still, there's nothing like turn 1 Arbor Elf, opponent plays a Colonnade or some other tapped land, turn 2 land, Utopia Sprawl, BBE cascade into Blood Moon.

Side note: Despise the word "Ponza" with every fiber of my being. I have no idea why, it's just the stupidest nonsensical name for a deck.

You're off the four Stormbreath train? I'm actually trying to figure out if I can do FNM tomorrow and I was going to take Ponza out for the first time if so.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 15, 2018

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You'd be surprised. Turn 2 or 3 Cascading into another Utopia Sprawl or Birds to let me play 2 spells the next turn or go Monstrous with Stormbreath sooner isn't the worst thing in the world.

It's not the most broken thing you can be doing with BBE, but it upped the consistency of finding my mana denial cards for sure. Plus, I've already faced down two JTMS, and both times they dropped him on an empty board and thought it was safe to Brainstorm. So nice to sneak in a haste threat after they tap out instead of inevitably getting my dragons hit with Cryptics.

Working on Jund, though, and BBE into Blightning is what I want to be doing there.

EDIT: No, I'm still running 3 Stormbreath. I cut Thundermaw, though he could come back if I see a ton of Linging Souls (I haven't seen a single copy of that in weeks).

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So, is the most expensive part of most modern combo decks still the manabase? Putting aside I guess the super chase cards like Tarmogoyf and JtmS which I understand is legal again?

One of these days I really want to start getting into modern, as it seems like one of the most fun formats. I have a modern UR storm deck in MTGO that I like a lot, and is mostly super cheap, but the $100+ in lands alone for a paper version has always been a little hard to swallow.

I guess it sounds like they're reprinting a lot of modern staples now, so hopefully shocklands are one of them eventually?

Shocklands are actually the cheaper lands, the fetches, especially Scalding Tarn, are where the real money costs are. Although with people playing more modern now, shocks have been going up a bit.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

So I've been watching a lot of people streaming new modern brews.

So far, the decks I've been most impressed by are the Lotus Cobra / Jace decks that move quickly, and then lock out the game. I'm still watching various brews; but so far theyve impresed me the most.

Anyone caught anything interesting / appealing? UW Miracles is my dream; but I'm not convinced is the ideal path forward at this point.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Thisuck posted:

Shocklands are actually the cheaper lands, the fetches, especially Scalding Tarn, are where the real money costs are. Although with people playing more modern now, shocks have been going up a bit.

Dang, that's crazy. I thought paying like $20 per land was already pretty pricey. I guess that's just the shallow end of the cardboard yacht pool.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my friend, let me tell you about the Old School 93/94 format,

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Dang, that's crazy. I thought paying like $20 per land was already pretty pricey. I guess that's just the shallow end of the cardboard yacht pool.

Where are you buying your cards? I just checked TCGplayer and Steam Vents is only like $15. I mean, I'm up for supporting LGS, but when you're saving like $5 per card, I'd just buy them online.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Walked posted:

So I've been watching a lot of people streaming new modern brews.

So far, the decks I've been most impressed by are the Lotus Cobra / Jace decks that move quickly, and then lock out the game. I'm still watching various brews; but so far theyve impresed me the most.

Anyone caught anything interesting / appealing? UW Miracles is my dream; but I'm not convinced is the ideal path forward at this point.

What's the cobra jace deck? I'd like to see that.

This is probably a boring suggestion but I've been wondering if now is a good time for the traditional blue moon decks (not the UR breach ones). Jace is obviously a shot in the arm for it and blood moon is probably pretty good right now considering the expected influx of greedy jund decks and tron decks, plus it can likely fight UW control pretty well.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Fingers McLongDong posted:

This is probably a boring suggestion but I've been wondering if now is a good time for the traditional blue moon decks (not the UR breach ones). Jace is obviously a shot in the arm for it and blood moon is probably pretty good right now considering the expected influx of greedy jund decks and tron decks, plus it can likely fight UW control pretty well.

This is one version I've seen floating around (Sorry; dont have a copyable list - snagged this from a stream)

I caught another version on stream that another player was running that was BUGr and looked SUPER POTENT and would love to find a list, but nothing yet on that front. (Also a Lotus Cobra / Jace list)

edit:
https://twitter.com/Bahra01/status/964192886299463680
That's the list I saw on stream; although not Hoogland's stream. The deck he's toying with looks great

Walked fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 15, 2018

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I had a similar thought as well- people are going to be trying to force Jace into a lot of decks and stretching their mana to do so, so I think mana denial strategies are going to be good for a little bit. I'm probably going to stick with Ponza or Blue Moon (Breach version) for a while until people figure out the mana for new Jace decks.

I actually don't remember what the old version of Blue Moon looked like before the Breach and Madcap Experiment combos made their way into the deck. Do you have a list in mind? Weren't they running stuff like Teferi?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 15, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Walked posted:

This is one version I've seen floating around (Sorry; dont have a copyable list - snagged this from a stream)

I caught another version on stream that another player was running that was BUGr and looked SUPER POTENT and would love to find a list, but nothing yet on that front. (Also a Lotus Cobra / Jace list)

edit:
https://twitter.com/Bahra01/status/964192886299463680
That's the list I saw on stream; although not Hoogland's stream. The deck he's toying with looks great

I'm bored, Deckstats.net is easy, and I wanted to learn the cards so I made it clickable:

Deck: Jace Cobra from SA

//Lands
2 Breeding Pool
5 Forest
1 Island
3 Lumbering Falls
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Tectonic Edge
2 Verdant Catacombs
4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
4 Explore
4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Utopia Sprawl

//Creatures
4 Arbor Elf
3 Avenger of Zendikar
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Oracle of Mul Daya
4 Tireless Tracker

//Sideboard
2 Carnage Tyrant
1 Entrancing Melody
2 Nature's Claim
3 Negate
2 Obstinate Baloth
3 Relic of Progenitus
2 Thrun, the Last Troll

Display deck statistics

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
That lotus cobra deck is... interesting. Might be a fun try.

C-Euro posted:

I had a similar thought as well- people are going to be trying to force Jace into a lot of decks and stretching their mana to do so, so I think mana denial strategies are going to be good for a little bit. I'm probably going to stick with Ponza or Blue Moon (Breach version) for a while until people figure out the mana for new Jace decks.

I actually don't remember what the old version of Blue Moon looked like before the Breach and Madcap Experiment combos made their way into the deck. Do you have a list in mind? Weren't they running stuff like Teferi?

I forgot about the madcap versions. The old versions just won with bolts, snaps, and clique's mostly, iirc. Madcap might actually be pretty good since you can use jace to put an emperion that's stuck in your hand back into the deck for madcap. I need to get some emperion's and give that a whirl one day, except k-command might be more popular than before and jund has a million ways to kill the big dude.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm running the Breach version instead because I not only had the Emrakuls and Breaches already, but Empirion seems too easy to kill these days. You mentioned K-Command but I'm also seeing certain decks running Abrade in the maindeck. I agree that Jace will be pretty good in either form of the deck, I kind of regret not getting one last weekend as a just-in-case sort of thing.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Aren't most of those decks capable of boarding out of the madcap plan and into something else? I seem to remember some having transformative sideboards.

Could just jam some jaces into turbo turns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've seen Breach decks running 2 Empirion and 4 Madcap in the sideboard. Maybe for longer games where you need to get in a few swings with Empirion and are less likely to run into removal? Or against Burn? Emrakul is rad though and I'd rather just run people over with her.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

I've seen Breach decks running 2 Empirion and 4 Madcap in the sideboard. Maybe for longer games where you need to get in a few swings with Empirion and are less likely to run into removal? Emrakul is rad though and I'd rather just run people over with her.

Yeah I guess I've been playing taxes decks too long to care about breach much. Last time someone tried to cast TtB I just vialed in big Thalia and he scooped. Time before that I just flickerwisp'd it before he could attack.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Yeah I guess I've been playing taxes decks too long to care about breach much. Last time someone tried to cast TtB I just vialed in big Thalia and he scooped. Time before that I just flickerwisp'd it before he could attack.

OK yeah that sounds like a good time to run Madcap instead. Fortunately there aren't any Taxes players around here...

Speaking of which, and because we've kind of commandeered the thread, what's your Taxes list look like these days? I think I'm finally going to suck it up and get a playset of Vials.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

What list are you running Mr. LongDong?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

OK yeah that sounds like a good time to run Madcap instead. Fortunately there aren't any Taxes players around here...

Speaking of which, and because we've kind of commandeered the thread, what's your Taxes list look like these days? I think I'm finally going to suck it up and get a playset of Vials.

I've been hot on mono-white eldrazi taxes for the last while, while is actually what I took to 9th place at the last regionals in Atlanta. That very well might change with metagame shakeups like if Jund takes over though, and I might switch to a more GW hatebears list if that happens. Meanwhile here's what I've been doing:

4x Aether Vial
4x Path to Exile

3x Thraben Inspector
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4x Leonin Arbiter
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Selfless Spirit
4x Flickerwisp
4x Eldrazi Displacer
2x Blade Splicer
1x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4x Thought-Knot Seer
1x Restoration Angel

7x Plains
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ghost Quarter
4x Shefet Dunes
2x Horizon Canopy
1x Cavern of Souls
1x Eiganjo Castle

SB:
3x Stony Silence
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Mirran Crusader
2x Dismember
2x Kor Firewalker
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Settle the Wreckage
1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1x Grafdigger's Cage

Some of my SB choices were based on meta calls, like the firewalkers are interchangeable with Burrenton Forge-Tender. Adjust your graveyard hate accordingly as well. I might switch to GW if jund/control get too popular for a while just so I can play loxodon smiter, maindeck crusaders, voices, and sideboard Gaddock Teegs.

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 15, 2018

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Have you guys managed to activate Eiganjo castle to any noticiable affect yet? I'm finding it more and more to just replace that thing with another Sheft Dunes or Plains. I run 2 Dunes and 4 Horizon Canopies normally.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Thisuck posted:

Have you guys managed to activate Eiganjo castle to any noticiable affect yet? I'm finding it more and more to just replace that thing with another Sheft Dunes or Plains. I run 2 Dunes and 4 Horizon Canopies normally.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I did. Theoretically it's great against something like grim lavamancer, which pops up locally, but I haven't had a chance. Could probably replace it with another canopy or basic. I run the 4 dunes because they are basically dual lands in the eldrazi version and they've been fantastic. Last time I tried traditional mono-white I ran 4 canopy and 2 dunes like you mentioned.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I've been hot on mono-white eldrazi taxes for the last while, while is actually what I took to 9th place at the last regionals in Atlanta. That very well might change with metagame shakeups like if Jund takes over though, and I might switch to a more GW hatebears list if that happens. Meanwhile here's what I've been doing:

4x Aether Vial
4x Path to Exile

3x Thraben Inspector
4x Leonin Arbiter
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Selfless Spirit
4x Flickerwisp
4x Eldrazi Displacer
2x Blade Splicer
1x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4x Thought-Knot Seer
1x Restoration Angel

7x Plains
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ghost Quarter
4x Shefet Dunes
2x Horizon Canopy
1x Cavern of Souls
1x Eiganjo Castle

SB:
3x Stony Silence
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Mirran Crusader
2x Dismember
2x Kor Firewalker
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Settle the Wreckage
1x Grafdigger's Cage

Some of my SB choices were based on meta calls, like the firewalkers are interchangeable with Burrenton Forge-Tender. Adjust your graveyard hate accordingly as well. I might switch to GW if jund/control get too popular for a while just so I can play loxodon smiter, maindeck crusaders, voices, and sideboard Gaddock Teegs.

Every now and then I'll see a GW Bears list and save it, but almost none of them have been running Vials. From your experience, is that normal?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Every now and then I'll see a GW Bears list and save it, but almost none of them have been running Vials. From your experience, is that normal?

Either way works. Usually without vials it's a bit more aggro/big creature centric iirc. With vials you are still more inclined to use arbiter and get a little tricky, or keep things down to 22 lands. Also those lists are probably running CoCo I'm guessing? GW with vials can play coco but I'm iffy on it and don't like playing a full 4. Haven't tried GW in a while.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If memory serves they've been GW CoCo lists that also happen to run a few Hatebears mainstays like Thalia, Flickerwisp, and Blade Splicer. I've been running that GW Ramunap deck for a bit to some success and that has CoCos, but that's a lot different and I think I would try a more Hatebears-y deck with 4 Vials and no CoCos if the mood struck me.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Thisuck posted:

Where are you buying your cards? I just checked TCGplayer and Steam Vents is only like $15. I mean, I'm up for supporting LGS, but when you're saving like $5 per card, I'd just buy them online.

Oh, I was just converting to CAD funny money, $15 USD. $15 USD is about $19 CAD.

Any suggestions on where to get cards in Canada, now that I'm thinking about it?

I suppose I should actually check the LGS in the area now that you mention it. There's a bunch in Toronto, one of them have to sell singles.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

If memory serves they've been GW CoCo lists that also happen to run a few Hatebears mainstays like Thalia, Flickerwisp, and Blade Splicer. I've been running that GW Ramunap deck for a bit to some success and that has CoCos, but that's a lot different and I think I would try a more Hatebears-y deck with 4 Vials and no CoCos if the mood struck me.

If I wasn't expecting everyone that has GB cards to start playing jund, I'd probably keep playing mono-white too. That jund matchup just feels super lovely sometimes. GW poops on jund though and I know for a fact that locally a few people will be on jund after next week. Probably looking at something like this for the next few weeks:

4x Aether Vial
4x Path to Exile
2x Collected Company

4x Noble Hierarch
4x Leonin Arbiter
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3x Voice of Resurgence
2x Qasali Pridemage
2x Scavenging Ooze
4x Loxodon Smiter
3x Mirran Crusader
1x Aven Mindcensor
1x Eternal Witness
1x Flickerwisp

4x Ghost Quarter
4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Horizon Canopy
4x Temple Garden
2x Stirring Wildwood
2x Plains
1x Forest
1x Gavony Township

SB:
3x Stony Silence
3x Rest in Peace
2x Kor Firewalker
2x Dismember
2x Gaddock Teeg
1x Selfless Spirit
1x Thrun, The Last Troll
1x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1x Settle the Wreckage

The three stony are because there are multiple people around here that have been on affinity or lantern lately, otherwise I'd go to 2 unless it seemed right to keep 3 based on larger metagame. Could actually probably make those firewalkers Kitchen Finks instead just to gently caress with jund even more but I'm not sure. This is basically my idea of a "gently caress with the new unbans" build.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've had Thalias for a long time and am just looking for an excuse to play them lol. Smiters too!

I don't know if it's as good in a deck without fetches, but Tireless Tracker does work in the GW Ramunap deck. Might be worth a tryout if you already have some.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

4x Aether Vial
4x Path to Exile

3x Thraben Inspector
4x Leonin Arbiter
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Selfless Spirit
4x Flickerwisp
4x Eldrazi Displacer
2x Blade Splicer
1x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4x Thought-Knot Seer
1x Restoration Angel

7x Plains
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ghost Quarter
4x Shefet Dunes
2x Horizon Canopy
1x Cavern of Souls
1x Eiganjo Castle

SB:
3x Stony Silence
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Mirran Crusader
2x Dismember
2x Kor Firewalker
1x Phyrexian Revoker
1x Settle the Wreckage
1x Grafdigger's Cage

5 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is pretty spicy

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
BBE + K-Command is a good start for a shell and all but
BBE + K-Command + Snap is *chef kissing fingertips*

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
// 60 Maindeck
// 26 Creature
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Noble Hierarch
3 Birds of Paradise
3 Voice of Resurgence
2 Qasali Pridemage
2 Courser of Kruphix
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Spell Queller
1 Selfless Spirit
1 Tireless Tracker

// 1 Enchantment
1 Retreat to Coralhelm

// 8 Instant
4 Path to Exile
4 Collected Company

// 23 Land
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Breeding Pool
3 Forest
1 Plains
4 Windswept Heath
1 Temple Garden
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Gavony Township
2 Flooded Strand
1 Botanical Sanctum
1 Sejiri Steppe
1 Island

// 2 Planeswalker
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// 15 Sideboard
// 10 Creature
SB: 2 Kitchen Finks
SB: 2 Izzet Staticaster
SB: 1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
SB: 3 Geist of Saint Traft
SB: 2 Reflector Mage

// 1 Enchantment
SB: 1 Stony Silence

// 4 Instant
SB: 2 Negate
SB: 2 Unified Will

Since I want to talk Jace lists, I'm testing this out currently.

Any thoughts?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
OK, bought an esper list on MTGO and have been doing some modern Jace testing.

Test results so far, bearing in mind I'm just in free play tournament prep games on MTGO. Also bearing in mind that I have not actually played more than a dozen games of modern in my life, and have no idea what my opponents are playing and that I'm also extremely bad at magic.

So far I've played against what seem like mostly real decks, with one exception being some megrim style mill deck w/ an owl in it.

Ashiok update! I have had 3 separate opponents instantly concede to turn 3 ashiok into empty board. I have had 1 opponent instantly concede the entire match to it. So far she feels way way way stronger than Lilly.

I think I need to add 1 or 2 more lands and at least one more wrath.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I like that list. I'm currently trying to figure out if u want to be BUG or Esper for my next build. Hit me up if you want to jam some games later

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
For modern D&T, I've seen some lists that run Smuggler's Copter. Have anyone tried that yet and how good does it feel with those?

Also the mono-white Eldrazi list looks pretty good. I'll give that a try when I get home later, and unsleeve my SFM that I put in there in hopes of an unban :smith:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Thisuck posted:

For modern D&T, I've seen some lists that run Smuggler's Copter. Have anyone tried that yet and how good does it feel with those?

Also the mono-white Eldrazi list looks pretty good. I'll give that a try when I get home later, and unsleeve my SFM that I put in there in hopes of an unban :smith:

Copter is... a cute addition sometimes. I playtested 2 copies for a while and actually took 1 copy to an IQ I got 2nd in last fall, but this was with traditional monowhite, not eldrazi. It's better in traditional taxes because you have more blade splicer and a 4th thraben inspector, plus it's easier to keep alive with angel.

T1 vial, t2 copter, t3 splicer and vial in dudes, attack with copter does feel great, so it can definitely fit into one of the flex spots.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Copter shines in a format with Jace because it's a really easy way to constantly threaten a swing at him and it dodges sorcery speed removal.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Cool thanks guys, I'm playing mono-white right now and I'll throw 2 copies in there to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Methinks that UB Tezzerator might be stronger now that you have another strong four drop planeswalker that you can power out on turn three. Thoptersword combo is incidentally quite good at beating random blue piles.