Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Birdstrike posted:

somehow this is still better than anything hobo erotica has ever posted

Hobo Erotica's spirited defense of garbage compactors still stands as the best posting this thread has ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

barnaby’s firing back at turnbull

if this destroys the coalition i will die laughing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barnaby’s rambling defense is going well.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Barnaby calls Turnbull inept, live.

:gizz:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Yes destroy each other ahaha

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I wouldn't be slightly surprised to find out that the whole thing's a loving show to distract people from the blatant corruption while they run damage control and clear up the paper trail tbh.

edit https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/964297679470653440

mmhrm,

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/oz_f/status/964294077385605121

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
* "The prime minister made a very, very clear statement yesterday of leadership, where he indicated to the women of Australia, and the women who work for us in parliament ... that they should be treated with respect in the workplace," Liberal MP Christopher Pyne told the Nine Network's Today Show.

Because every politician is a straight male.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I mean in the Liberal cabinet, that's pretty much the case.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

I mean in the Liberal cabinet, that's pretty much the case.

Yeah it's a pretty diverse look going down the liberal front bench, white males in blue suits, 1 token female and a Liberace impersonator.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

I go to a fairfax website for the first time in weeks, they've redesigned it again and its even worse

You basically get an optimised for phones website on a desktop :psyduck:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Don Dongington posted:

Auspol "LOL THE GOVT ARE SO STUPID HOW DO THEY NOT KNOW THIS IS DUMB AND WON'T WORK"

Also Auspol "OMG WHY ARE THE MEDIA FOCUSING ON THIS OBVIOUS DISTRACTION INSTEAD OF THE ACTUAL CORRUPTION AT HAND"

(it worked)

It's true, we should know not to expect anything from Australia by now

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So... do you think this could mean the end of the Coalition? We've had the leader of the Libs say the leader of the Nats should step down, and the leader of the Nats is now saying "go gently caress yourself"...

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Did anyone else see ABC News Breakfast's political weekly round up with phone in Barry Cassady replacement (get well soon Baz)?

Guy actually said "[Barnaby] should go back to his office, have a few swigs of OP rum, get the revolver and consider what his best move is....uuuh... metaphorically speakjng of course."

Also on the subject of News Breakfast someone else please tell me they think Georgie is the cutest.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So... do you think this could mean the end of the Coalition? We've had the leader of the Libs say the leader of the Nats should step down, and the leader of the Nats is now saying "go gently caress yourself"...

Nah too many chances to gently caress over the poor/line their pockets before they are forced to call an election.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah one of them is going to back down. my money’s on malcolm

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

I can't see it happening. They'll all get very shouty but at the end of the day they have to rely on each other to prevent derailing the gravy train.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Turnbull will back down because he’s invertebrate.

Gridlocked posted:

Also on the subject of News Breakfast someone else please tell me they think Georgie is the cutest.

No. (It’s Nate.)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Birdstrike posted:

No. (It’s Nate.)

Nate is 2nd :colbert:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
According to an smh editorial, the main reason Barnaby's holding on so hard is that he can't afford to lose the $200k/year extra he gets on top of his base $200k/year MP salary.

Smart move for Turnbull is to simply bribe Barnaby to gently caress off. He's already spent at least $1m to keep the PM seat, might as well make it $2m.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amethyst posted:

According to an smh editorial, the main reason Barnaby's holding on so hard is that he can't afford to lose the $200k/year extra he gets on top of his base $200k/year MP salary.
Sounds like Abbott when the Howard Government lost power and he was up to his earholes in debt because he hoped the Government Ministry pay would last forever.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Gridlocked posted:

Did anyone else see ABC News Breakfast's political weekly round up with phone in Barry Cassady replacement (get well soon Baz)?

Guy actually said "[Barnaby] should go back to his office, have a few swigs of OP rum, get the revolver and consider what his best move is....uuuh... metaphorically speakjng of course."

Hey I take work where I can get it

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Bill Shorten pulling some Steven Bradbury poo poo right now

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/JamesFettes/status/964314527104815104

:getin:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mattjpwns posted:

Barnaby calls Turnbull inept, live.

:gizz:

Yep. Turnbull's "remarks were inept and hurtful to my family" that I cheated on.

Oh, it's loving on now boys and girls :munch:

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
The real issue isn't the fight between the Libs and Nats Bill. The real issue is the loving rampant corruption that this lovely press is astroturfing over again and again.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Few people would still defend corrupt former Labor minister Ian Macdonald but in an extraordinary speech to NSW Parliament, a Liberal MP said the Premier should order a new investigation into how Macdonald came to be jailed.

Upper House MP Peter Phelps told Parliament this week one of the "most egregious examples of injustice" was the state government's handling of NuCoal's Doyles Creek exploration licence, which the government stripped from the company after an explosive ICAC inquiry.

Macdonald, the former mining minister, was jailed last year for 10 years for giving the lucrative coal exploration licence to former union boss John Maitland.

After the ICAC's findings that Macdonald and Maitland acted corruptly, the state government passed legislation to tear up NuCoal's licence and took the extra step to deny compensation to thousands of NuCoal investors.

“He [Barry O’Farrell] introduced legislation — and I will not talk about what happened in the party room — and members were brought back for one day in the summer break to get this legislation through to make a political point, to get some political scalps, to have a go at 'Macca' and to have a go at Obeid,” Dr Phelps, a former party whip, told Parliament.

“We have to remember that NuCoal bought the licence off Doyles Creek and we stole it — there is no other word for it — for a base political reason.”

Dr Phelps said that in the process, Maitland and Macdonald, "whatever their faults, are now serving 10-year terms in prison".

"That demands an immediate correction, either by an investigation requested by the Premier to the committee on the Independent Commission Against Corruption, or some other committee," Dr Phelps told Parliament.

Dr Phelps has been an outspoken critic of the ICAC since it led to the barring of former police minister Mike Gallacher from the parliamentary party but Dr Phelps denied his remarks were motivated by internal factional battles.

"Each time I speak about the issue [the revoking of NuCoal's licence], I get emailed by more people who lost money," Dr Phelps said.

A spokesman for Premier Gladys Berejiklian declined to comment on Dr Phelps' speech.

Dr Phelps has previously spoken about conservative views at odds with party policies, and resigned as whip in opposition to the mandated sale of E10 petrol.

His latest contribution contradicts his party’s most frequently used attack lines. At the party's AGM on Saturday, the Premier singled out Macdonald and other former jailed Labor ministers as proof the party could not be trusted.

"How can we forget the likes of Eddie Obeid [and] Ian Macdonald filling their pockets as they pulled the strings on [Labor] premiers," she said at the party meeting  in what was likely a foreshadowing of Coalition plans to run negative messages in its bid for re-election in 2019.

"Labor owe the people of NSW an apology."

What an odd hill to die on

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gridlocked posted:

:swoon:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

What an odd hill to die on

A conservative wanting to take down ICAC and give a coal company lots of money sounds like SOP to me

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey I take work where I can get it

Are you Georgie or the barry Cassady replacement?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Georgie is where it's at because it's very obvious she actually watches and cares about the sport she reports on

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

tithin posted:

SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL SPILL

Now now tithin, what consenting adults do in a party room are none of the public's business, why can't you show some respect?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hiddenmovement posted:

Georgie is where it's at because it's very obvious she actually watches and cares about the sport she reports on

PK is a great journalist too. But I do like him more as a journalist in general than the sports guy.

Georgie cares and is a mega cutie patootie.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

Sounds like Abbott when the Howard Government lost power and he was up to his earholes in debt because he hoped the Government Ministry pay would last forever.

I think he assumed the Liberals would be in government for ever, because he and the rest of the breed that came up under Howard are the most entitled, born to rule fucks Canberra had ever seen. it was obvious in everything he did, until he actually lost the PMship.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
B...b...but Tony had a Mandate, a fantasy mandate with a hung seante but a mandate none the less.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/shorten-says-prime-minister-must-sack-joyce-20180216-p4z0l7.html

Blip Scrotum posted:

"If Mr Turnbull doesn't have the courage to sack Mr Joyce, he doesn't have the courage to be prime minister."

Did Richard Di Natale get a hold of his notepad again?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dimebag posted:

a hung mandate

there are rules against those for ministers now

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
All you Georgie lovers back off, she's my waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Gridlocked posted:

Are we really just straight up objectifying women now?

Why not some fan anime pics too?

tithin posted:

Bit late for Barnaby :gizz:

• Locked thread