Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LuFisto/status/964309465343414272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Anyone else listen to The Torch podcast? I played it for Mega Ran and thought his response was dead on.

https://twitter.com/megaran/status/964233370388451328

kinetic77 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 16, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mitchell and Meltzer can be pretty weird or at best show their age when it comes to race.

Absolutely New Day can often deliver WWE/Vince wants out of a black act.

BUT largely and within the boundaries in which WWE performers operate in, they have been a subversive force who have delivered what is expected of them and threw it back at Vince/WWE. I like R-Truth but they aren't a regressive act like he is. They advanced the cause of black Wrestlers in WWE and anyone who doesn't see that is deeply out of touch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

All I want is for Kofi to win the big one. That's all I want.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/964287635824005121

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

All I want is for Kofi to win the big one. That's all I want.

I like Kofi, I'd prefer Big E be the singles star, though

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I like Kofi, I'd prefer Big E be the singles star, though

Big E still has more years in him. Kofi's probably winding down sometime soon... right? Not that I want him to, but I could see him retiring in a couple of years if he felt like he didn't have anything else to accomplish.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If it was another group I could see the argument but I'm petty sure the pancakes thing is something New Day came up with because it feels like them and they obviously have a lot of control. They're also the sane group that refused to play straight with the racist gospel gimmick they were given and turned it on its head.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Maybe change your asking price.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Outside of the racial discussion, it is worth noting Wade Keller is currently on pretty much a crusade against anything fun or frivolous.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What's with the pancakes being racist, is it the Aunt Jenima syrup thing or? Maybe it's a stereotype I'm not aware of, I thought it was just New Day's obsession with breakfast and dessert items.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dias posted:

What's with the pancakes being racist, is it the Aunt Jenima syrup thing or? Maybe it's a stereotype I'm not aware of, I thought it was just New Day's obsession with breakfast and dessert items.

Yeah, Aunt Jemima was cited. I am Irish so I never experienced that cultural/culinary touchstone at first hand.

I am the same Dias. I thought it was a progression onwards from cereal.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's another rear end joke.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Seriously I'm going to dance the day that evil gently caress finally chokes.
still mad Gargano lost?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's sweet :)

That's depressing, poor lady :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

still mad Gargano lost?

In a loser leaves Cambodia match no less

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dias posted:

I figured the whole thing was that they were doing a lumberjack match in Canada and they had pancakes to play that up, then decided, what the hell, pancakes are awesome so let's keep it going.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
edit

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 16, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...I can never tell if it's a joke with you.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wrong person that's Kevin Kross.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dias posted:

It can be considered racist imagery but that's not something Mitchell or Wade get to determine.

Minor pedantic point: Its African Americans, not black. Blackness is an imperialist term that blanket covered a whole slew of disparate cultures.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poor LuFisto, that loving sucks. Always hoped she'd make her way to WWE.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

can't believe trips sat down with Nobel Peace Prize winner Henry Kissinger and didn't give him a custom title belt and then point to him like he does to nxt champions

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/__AKUMA/status/964606293293092868

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

randy is loving dumb

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I hear voices in my head
No Gun Control
17 more dead

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I hear parents crying
I see children dying
People are denying
We need ratifying

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just a guy sitting in a chair in the lobby with a rifle aimed at the entrance.

Whew, safe.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Orton isn't wrong, but that's because the probably 20% income tax put on all gun owners it would take to pay for it would pretty much eliminate all guns in the US.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Huh. Brock didn't elbow his dumbass head nearly hard enough in retrospect.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh is Orton one of those people who thinks public schools not being allowed to lead prayers means there's no praying allowed at all?

HerraS posted:

randy is loving dumb

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The lyrics to Randy Orton's theme and a shooter's facebook manifesto are pretty much indistinguishable

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Endless Mike posted:

Oh is Orton one of those people who thinks public schools not being allowed to lead prayers means there's no praying allowed at all?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Midnightghoul posted:

The lyrics to Randy Orton's theme and a shooter's facebook manifesto are pretty much indistinguishable

Randal Klebold Orton

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Orton's plan in like its best case scenario is still one classroom being shot up.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/964504237186134016

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Okay as much as I dislike Stephanie, I cannot pass up a picture of a good dog. 12/10.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Tampa Black Panther event Titus was involved with ended up bringing over 2000 kids to the movie.

https://twitter.com/TitusONeilWWE/status/964504512626077696

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 17, 2018

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aphrodite posted:

The Tampa Black Panther event Titus was involved with ended up bringing over 2000 kids to the movie.

https://twitter.com/TitusONeilWWE/status/964504512626077696

Titus is a mediocre wrestler and a really great person, which is much better than the alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cabbit posted:

Titus is a mediocre wrestler and a really great person, which is much better than the alternative.

when was the last time he even wrestled anyway