Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shear Modulus posted:

talking about the 2020 election in the 2018 thread

Surely this time young people will realize the importance of getting out for the midterms lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
all years exist simultaneously in the post-escalator paradigm

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

why is it that the reps that own the most in their speaking are also the most hilariously corrupt, like guiterrez and waters

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

why is it that the reps that own the most in their speaking are also the most hilariously corrupt, like guiterrez and waters

generally the people doing the bribing are going to not want to waste money and will bribe the politicians who can actually campaign and win elections and arent paper bags

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

generally the people doing the bribing are going to not want to waste money and will bribe the politicians who can actually campaign and win elections and arent paper bags

scott walker

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

being a tankie isn't much better

Attractive young female minority veteran with leftist-ish policies. That's a lot of the right blocks checked. I mean, if Joni Ernst can be a Senator, Tulsi Gabbard can be president.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kansas has learned nothing from Air Bud

quote:

Kansas officials say a dog whose owner filed for the animal to run for governor will be disqualified, even though there are no state statutes covering candidates' qualifications.

The Kansas City Star reports that Terran Woolley of Hutchinson, Kan., entered his three-year-old wire terrier, Angus, in the race after news reports surfaced that the state does not have requirements governing who can run for the office.

“A dog will not be allowed to file and put its name on the ballot,” said Bryan Caskey, director of elections for the Kansas secretary of State’s office.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

politico has a good article about the young, mostly progressive challengers to old, mostly moderate democrats in places like NYC, Massachusetts, and Chicago. for some bonus points: spot the profiled challenger that doesn't belong!

one of those established democrats getting a challenge, Joe Crowley, has also been trying to establish himself as a would-be leader of House dems, but he's probably tilting at windmills. pelosi is poo poo and needs to step aside as leader, but at the very least, she talked about protecting immigrants for eight hours on the House floor, so she's taken more of a stand on an issue than crowley has

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol i had a guess and was like "naaaw though thatd be too ridiculous" but lol i was right

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

politico has a good article about the young, mostly progressive challengers to old, mostly moderate democrats in places like NYC, Massachusetts, and Chicago. for some bonus points: spot the profiled challenger that doesn't belong!

one of those established democrats getting a challenge, Joe Crowley, has also been trying to establish himself as a would-be leader of House dems, but he's probably tilting at windmills. pelosi is poo poo and needs to step aside as leader, but at the very least, she talked about protecting immigrants for eight hours on the House floor, so she's taken more of a stand on an issue than crowley has

crowley let himself get sidelined by boomers in exchange for the vague promise of oneday being given power. guy is an absolute dipshit and he's gonna have all the stuff thats "his" taken by some young progressive lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agean90 posted:

crowley let himself get sidelined by boomers in exchange for the vague promise of oneday being given power. guy is an absolute dipshit and he's gonna have all the stuff thats "his" taken by some young progressive lol
by the time pelosi's gangs of 70-somethings are out of power in the house, the political tide will have turned against people like crowley. i was surprised at the amount of house democrats getting a primary challenge this year, i figured it was close to nothing

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

by the time pelosi's gangs of 70-somethings are out of power in the house, the political tide will have turned against people like crowley. i was surprised at the amount of house democrats getting a primary challenge this year, i figured it was close to nothing

Going to be fun if even a few get through because that would definitely make some waves, hell I bet some of the news media might hype it because a interparty civil war would probably get more hits.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Going to be fun if even a few get through because that would definitely make some waves, hell I bet some of the news media might hype it because a interparty civil war would probably get more hits.
i think lipinski is going to lose because he's got two members of Chicago's house members actively supporting one of his challengers. i doubt that any of the NYC-based members will lose. tbh i think Patel is a bit of an underwhelming candidate. i can't explain why, but he just strikes me as less of a credible left challenger than the other two

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

logikv9 posted:

it was probably after she got redistricted from rural nowhere to a bunch of liberal towns

Senator Gillibrand?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don’t pretend for a second that the dems aren’t bad, but if the primary is warren-gillibrand-booker-castro-biden I’m not going to pretend my choice is hard

Wait what's wrong with Warren now?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah i didnt get that post either

for me its also true that in that situation the choice would be easy: warren.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

tractor fanatic posted:

Senator Gillibrand?

she started her run leftwards after she was redistricted back in her rep days

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/mcpli/status/969745418899935232

More democrats have early voted in TX than republicans lmao

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

There was some article chapo did about how these centrist focus groups comb through hundreds of people until they find the 5 people in an area that support their worldview and use them in their focus group

i read an article about some dem expedition to chud country that did pretty much the same thing, in that of all the things the chuds actually said, the take the dems came out with was whatever they'd gone in with

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
can't believe Texas just outlawed early voting to combat the illegals and ISIS

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

logikv9 posted:

can't believe Texas just outlawed early voting to combat the illegals and ISIS

I can

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://twitter.com/mcpli/status/969745418899935232

More democrats have early voted in TX than republicans lmao
fun fact: trump has a sub-40% approval rating in texas. it may be a bloodbath there on the state level, to say nothing of ted cruz possibly getting upset

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

fun fact: trump has a sub-40% approval rating in texas. it may be a bloodbath there on the state level, to say nothing of ted cruz possibly getting upset

same thing happened in ca after prop 187 was passed

a poo poo load of hispanic voters suddenly showed up and started voting democrat the next election after they realized that republicans wouldn't hesitate to treat them as second class citizens and haven't stopped voting democrat

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

In the past couple of days I've gotten emails from both the Working Families Party and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee over candidates for Congress that they've endorsed. I'll have to cross-reference with Our Revolution and Justice Democrats and make the list bigger, but there's sure to be plenty of overlap.
  • Katie Wilson (NY-21)
  • Andy Kim (NJ-03)
  • Greg Edwards (PA-07)
  • Jess King (PA-11)
  • Liz Watson (IN-09)
  • Rashida Tlaib (MI-13)
  • Randy Bryce (WI-01)
  • Kara Eastman (NE-02)
  • Brent Welder (KS-03)
  • Veronica Escobar (TX-16)
  • Katie Porter (CA-45)
  • Mike Levin (CA-49)
  • Ammar Campa-Najjar (CA-50)
  • Kaniela Ing (HI-01)
James Thompson is also running again in KS-04, and Moser has a runoff election in her Texas district in May.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80x7svyKR1Q

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gringostar posted:

a poo poo load of hispanic voters suddenly showed up and started voting democrat the next election after they realized that republicans wouldn't hesitate to treat them as second class citizens and haven't stopped voting democrat

My uncle worked for the California GOP when Prop 187 happened.

Pete Wilson's name is still a swear word in his house.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
me on page 1

Peanut President posted:

Indiana's Senator is either gonna be:
A pro life pro gun republican who loathes gays and thinks climate change is fake from the western suburbs of Indy
OR
A pro life pro gun republican who loathes gays and thinks climate change is fake from the eastern suburbs of Indy

someone burn Indianapolis to the ground thanks

ed: literally the only difference is Rokita (the former) has a hard on for child slavery

me on page whatever this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veTa0KeHIG0

please i beg you burn indianapolis to the loving ground

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cruz/O'Rourke currently too close to call

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy moley :chanpop:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I really hope Cruz loses and also falls head first into an open sewer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I really hope Cruz loses and also falls head first into an open sewer.

he would flourish down there. He would become the Sewer King of Austin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if cruz loses he gets deported back to canada. sorry ted but thems the rules

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

u would be inflicting a war crime against canada

not cool man

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Xaris posted:

u would be inflicting a war crime against canada

not cool man

the cruz family are deep cover canadian agents who nearly toppled america when they killed jfk

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shear Modulus posted:

sorry not a citizen anymore we owe you nothing

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Ted Cruz losing will be alright but his whole life is going to need to fall apart for me to feel "good" about it

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
he's not going to lose

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gringostar posted:

D&D "we're going to see blue texas by the end of the decade!"

*monkey's paw curls*

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this is in 4 months yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the democrats will lose