Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Portugal police 'find cocaine in traveller's padded pants'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43005948

Looks like he made an rear end of himself :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

jojoinnit posted:

Upside down laptop, not a thin desktop.

Oooooh!
I thought it was a small pastry the back of a monitor.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This was the absolute best way to open the Olympics for the US. He's a 17-year-old from a town near Cleveland who really likes snowboarding. He brought his whole family to South Korea (including 6 siblings) and there's video of people packed in the bar in his hometown cheering him on after he won the gold. It's a movie-level underdog story.

Also he overslept because he fell asleep watching Netflix.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:911:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

Kansas Scrambles To Change Rules After 6 Teens Enter Governor's Race

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/09/584678163/kansas-scrambles-to-change-rules-after-6-teens-enter-governors-race

The possibility of a dog running for office is also mentioned.
Bad news. Though considering Angus would have appointed his siblings to high office, it's probably for the best.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, they're going the distance.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, they're going the distance.

Reckless, biting commentary.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

chitoryu12 posted:

This was the absolute best way to open the Olympics for the US. He's a 17-year-old from a town near Cleveland who really likes snowboarding. He brought his whole family to South Korea (including 6 siblings) and there's video of people packed in the bar in his hometown cheering him on after he won the gold. It's a movie-level underdog story.

Also he overslept because he fell asleep watching Netflix.

This is the most American thing ever. He's a real patriot and a real hero. :911:

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Don't open that card...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My old high school is in the news today:

"Melbourne Grammar student suspended over 'hit list' and kill comments"

From the article (bolding mine):

quote:

The list is organised into alpha, bravo, charlie and delta groups and gives each student a ranking.

One student on the list is called a “communist that supports women’s rights’’ another a “snarky lil bitch’’ while another is “degenerate weeb trash’’.

Some are listed for having previously “made fun’’ of the student in the past or for even for being “too honest, so I can’t manipulate him much’’.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's his forums name?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Sounds more like a reddit poster, tbh

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cyberia posted:

My old high school is in the news today:

"Melbourne Grammar student suspended over 'hit list' and kill comments"

From the article (bolding mine):

quote:

“communist that supports women’s rights’’
“snarky lil bitch’’
“degenerate weeb trash’

Those are all top tier forum handles

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Pretty sure I fit on all three, maybe not the communist part.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

quote:

“communist that supports women’s rights’’
“snarky lil bitch’’
“degenerate weeb trash’’

that is the most "NEET who spends all day getting mad on Twitter" cluster of identifiers possible

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pastry of the Year posted:

that is the most "NEET who spends all day getting mad on Twitter" cluster of identifiers possible

Then that weeb must be one hell of a piece of work.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Biohacker’s Opal hand implant cancelled

quote:

The body-hacking scientist who implanted an Opal card chip in his hand claims the NSW government has finally made good on threats to cancel his pass. But the defiant “biohacker” is preparing to fight the move in court.

Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow, which is his legal name, cut down the Opal chip and had it encased in biocompatible plastic and implanted just under the skin on his left hand by a piercing expert in April 2017.

Mr Meow-Meow said he would launch legal action against TfNSW for unlawfully cancelling his cards.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The guy has an extremely stupid name, and attends conventions about cyborg rights, but he comes across as pretty sane and straightforward in that article. He seems to be genuinely happy to be putting his money where his mouth is, and setting precedent in the courts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's not a cyborg though. He's just a guy with plastic in his hand. That one pretty girl with the robot arm is more cyborg than this dude because he doesn't have any biomechatronic body parts.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Accordimg to comments on Facebook, a “hit list” is something many Australian children do and the only reason this was in the news is because it’s in a rich ‘prestige’ school.

I don’t see any problem here, all those kids will grow up to be politicians anyway.

Watch out for that one honest kid, though. They can be the most dangerous.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The guy has an extremely stupid name, and attends conventions about cyborg rights, but he comes across as pretty sane and straightforward in that article. He seems to be genuinely happy to be putting his money where his mouth is, and setting precedent in the courts.

quote:

Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow, which is his legal name, cut down the Opal chip and had it encased in biocompatible plastic and implanted just under the skin on his left hand by a piercing expert in April 2017.

His biohack made headlines around the world in the hours that followed the operation but Transport for NSW warned it would cancel cards that had been tampered with.

quote:

“This is case law in creation and it’s fun to be at the centre of this,” he said. “This is a scenario so unusual that their lawyers never foresaw this happening because, if they did, they would have written it in there.”

I am reasonably confident that 'if you tamper with the card that we own and are lending to you, we will make it invalid' isn't a particularly unusual legal precedent.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's not a cyborg though. He's just a guy with plastic in his hand. That one pretty girl with the robot arm is more cyborg than this dude because he doesn't have any biomechatronic body parts.

Yeah, If I stuck a USB flashdrive up my cat's arse, I haven't invented a cybercat

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

spog posted:

Yeah, If I stuck a USB flashdrive up my cat's arse, I haven't invented a cybercat

You might end up with a cool robot hand from attempting that though.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

spog posted:

Goddamn right, i own the patent.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Solice Kirsk posted:

Everyone self-proclaimed cyborg that I've ever seen is a coward who just wears stuff or thinks something less body-altering than an ear piercing makes them a cyborg. If they were serious they'd be sawing off their legs and replacing them with those spring-loaded running prosthetics or something.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BattleMaster posted:

Everyone self-proclaimed cyborg that I've ever seen is a coward who just wears stuff or thinks something less body-altering than an ear piercing makes them a cyborg. If they were serious they'd be sawing off their legs and replacing them with those spring-loaded running prosthetics or something.

If I ever lose a leg I'm replacing it with a pogo stick. Do you have any idea how much travel time I'll save if every other step is a hop?!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

If I ever lose a leg I'm replacing it with a pogo stick. Do you have any idea how much travel time I'll save if every other step is a hop?!
Uneven sidewalks will be a bit of a gamble, though, you'll be doing the splits every five minutes. Which might be what you want, I suppose. I won't kinkshame.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

I am reasonably confident that 'if you tamper with the card that we own and are lending to you, we will make it invalid' isn't a particularly unusual legal precedent.

I’m reasonably certain laws have nuance, which is why we have courts to interpret and apply them. Anyway, I didn’t make any comments about the validity of his claim, or his chances of winning. I only pointed out that he seems willing to actually follow through.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

spog posted:

Too late.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster posted:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:same:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol she got ripped off by the boobmem seller.

1024 terabytes or bust

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

lol she got ripped off by the boobmem seller.

1024 terabytes AND bust

ftfy

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
just lol if you aint rockin a pair of ssdoubleds

Barry Bluejeans has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Feb 17, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Local man places 2nd in Jeopardy!

Darth Walrus