Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dimebag posted:

If it was a full sitting day it could be done in time it takes to drive from Parliament house to the GGs house, post party vote. 12 hours would be a leasurly pace.

New head of government in about the time it takes to deliver a pizza. Hot drat. Y'all got it figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
whom is getting spilled though?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
People get things other than garlic yoghurt and hummus on their hsps?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dimebag posted:

If it was a full sitting day it could be done in time it takes to drive from Parliament house to the GGs house, post party vote. 12 hours would be a leasurly pace.

Helicopter flights are the most practical way to avoid delays.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

whom is getting spilled though?

No-one currently just talking through how quick it could be done if motivated.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smegmatron posted:

My hot take on HSPs is that they’re better without chilli sauce because the chilli sauce most kebab places use tastes like poo poo and the only reason people ever included it in the first place is performative masculinity.

Tomato sauce is trash though.

Wrong! Idiot!

Chilli sauce belongs on everything because chillies are delicious.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hold onto your lunches, folks;

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/humans-of-betoota/barnaby-joyce-saga-inspires-george-christensen-get-back-horse/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dimebag posted:

Imagine if both Turnbull and Joyce got knocked off.

We could end up with Dutton as PM and Abbott as Deputy.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Peter dutton nears retirement

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
George Christensen revolting over sex ban, generally

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dimebag posted:

yeah I was thinking it over and it’s almost as likely that MT gets spilled before the Beetrooter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Solemn Sloth posted:

George Christensen revolting over sex ban, generally

George Christiensen's revolting sex

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first dog:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think we need to let the foreigners know of our government's novel solution to sex scandals.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think we need to let the foreigners know of our government's novel solution to sex scandals.

I think John Oliver is back next week and I'm pretty sure it'll get coverage. "Remember that crazy guy who made Johnny Depp apologise for bringing his dogs into the country..." 2 minutes later and deeper coverage than any Australian news outlet the world will know.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Birdstrike posted:

yeah I was thinking it over and it’s almost as likely that MT gets spilled before the Beetrooter

I can see the conservatives in the party giving some of their fence sitting colleagues a nudge and saying knifing Turdball could be the way to move on an unpopular leader and mend relations with the Nats

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I was listening to Raf on the way home from work and he sounded genuinely shocked at the morale within the Liberal Party.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Smegmatron posted:

My hot take on HSPs is that they’re better without chilli sauce because the chilli sauce most kebab places use tastes like poo poo and the only reason people ever included it in the first place is performative masculinity.

Tomato sauce is trash though.

This is the truth. You will know this because it hurts.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

The relationship that underpins the Coalition and the leadership has been irreparably damaged by Malcolm Turnbull’s intervention in the Barnaby Joyce affair, and Joyce’s supporters have declared it is “open season” on the prime minister.

This is gonna be good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder how long this sex ban is going to last and whether there's going to be steamy romance novels written about it-

paging Chuck Tingle

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Yeah but... Ian MacDonald?

Mr Macdonald was driven by Mr Medich to the five-star Four Seasons hotel in the Rocks. There, he was handed a room key by Mr Medic, who had received it from Mr Gattellari’s driver, Senad Kaminic.

Waiting in the hotel room was a Chinese prostitute, who goes by the name of "Tiffanie", who told the commission she understood sex was expected from her.

The commission heard Mr Macdonald removed his coat and "roughly kissed" Tiffanie, who was in her underwear on the hotel bed.

Mr Macdonald told Tiffanie, "If you knew who I was you'd be very surprised". The pair did not have sex as Mr Macdonald fell asleep.

Tiffanie later telephoned a girlfriend and told her Mr Macdonald made her feel sick and like "vomiting".

Mr Macdonald told the inquiry that he had not known Tiffanie was a prostitute and was under the impression Mr Medich and Gattellari had arranged for a "remedial massage" in the hotel room he had developed "neck tiredness" during the meeting.

:laffo:

gay picnic defence posted:

This is gonna be good

As much as I'd like to see the nationals tear themselves apart in a sheep filled orgy of self destruction I don't think any of them have the spine or sense of organisation to actually do it. They've been the aimless sheep under the IPA for so long I simply don't believe they know what to do.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 16, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

DancingShade posted:

:laffo:

As much as I'd like to see the nationals tear themselves apart in a sheep filled orgy of self destruction I don't think any of them have the spine or sense of organisation to actually do it. They've been the aimless sheep under the IPA for so long I simply don't believe they know what to do.

They won't tear themselves apart, but they will be pushing the Libs to dump Turnbull.

I think Turnbull holding on is better for the next election for Labor though.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/16/abc-removes-corporate-tax-cut-analysis-after-complaints-from-malcolm-turnbull

Just a nice one to slide out at 19:22 on a Friday. Malcom was annoyed by a critical piece of analysis about his corporate tax cuts and a senior person at the ABC had them taken down.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 16, 2018

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
lol apparently the article 'didn't meet editorial standards' :allears:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
the adulterers are in charge

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Senor Tron posted:

I think Turnbull holding on is better for the next election for Labor though.

He will, but c'mon, that's crazy

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

That'd be cool though. Six and then immediately seven different Prime Ministerships in a decade

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
We'll see the Dutton Reich sooner or later.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Before Times posted:

the adulterers are in charge

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Perhaps we should just make it a straight up part of the system? PM's get to serve one term, then they're on the backbench.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Konomex posted:

Perhaps we should just make it a straight up part of the system? PM's get to serve one term, then they're on the backbench.

We pretty much already have that.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
They are PM until the Daily Telegraph runs a front page using the term Labah Waste

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SaturdayExtraDT/status/964437252355977216

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sex and the Sitting MP

Who is the Samantha of Parliament house?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliceworkman/114-days

quote:

It's been 114 days since the Australian Federal Police (AFP) launched an investigation into a media tip-off about police raids on union offices, and employment minister Michaelia Cash is still refusing to answer questions.
Eleven questions on notice from the Employment Committee on December 1 last year – convened to deal with the scandal – remain unanswered by the minister.

Cash has refused to answer other questions from the same hearing with the claim of public interest immunity. She also blamed the ongoing AFP investigation and impending Federal Court challenge into the legality of the raids lodged by the AWU as reasons for her silence.
The answers to the 11 questions were due on January 19, so are now 28 days overdue.
On Thursday, Cash gave the media nine minutes notice that she was holding a press conference, her first in Canberra since August 10. In the last six months she has only held one other press conference, in Perth on January 18.
She called the press conference to talk about the latest labour force figures, and became annoyed with journalists when asked about the raids.

QUESTION: Senator Cash, is your office being investigated by the AFP over the media tip-off of the AWU raid.
MINISTER CASH: No.
QUESTION: If your office isn’t being investigated, why did you claim public interest immunity in Senate committee hearings?
MINISTER CASH: Because as an AFP investigation, the AFP itself claimed public interest immunity.
QUESTION: But if your office isn’t being investigated, wouldn’t releasing those internal communications demonstrate that you had, and your office had, no role in coordinating the media tip offs about the raids?
MINISTER CASH: Again, I have complied at all times with the law and the procedures of the Senate. We are here though to talk about jobs growth. Would you like to ask a question on jobs growth? Would anyone like to ask a question about jobs growth?
QUESTION: On Mark Lee’s attempt to get a job in your office, why was it inappropriate for him to no longer take that role?
MINISTER CASH: I answered these questions last year. Again, would anyone like to talk about jobs growth?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CUhlmann/status/964398625127260160

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Chris Uhlman removing his reading glasses with a trembling hand: by God ... The Frankfurt School has reared their head once again

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Alice Workman rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

The Peccadillo posted:

Alice Workman rules

Agreed. Her and Lane Sainty are the only journos doing decent auspol journalism.

• Locked thread