Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Dude, he always looks like that.

Yeah, he was in amazing shape for Creed as well.

E: and he’s doing Creed 2 right after this, so at least it’s for two movies in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Michael B. Jordan should definitely pick up hardware for his performance, he was that good

the score of the film was also so drat good

my friend said that this was Lion King but if Simba was the bad guy. I can kinda see it, it's a reverse of the structure in that movie but I think I need to see it again to pin down any other details

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Carlosologist posted:

the score of the film was also so drat good

my friend said that this was Lion King but if Simba was the bad guy. I can kinda see it, it's a reverse of the structure in that movie but I think I need to see it again to pin down any other details

Yeah that's Ludwig, known collaborator of Childish Gambino.

Also, Klaw was certainly hyena esq.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 16, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Tatum is still a horrible choice for Gambit. I could see him as Cyclops though.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Thats some Gump lookin motherfucker there

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I like Charming Potato but I'm shocked he is still getting roles.

Dexo posted:

like any good Hotep the second his woman became a hindrance he dispatched his black queen with no hesitation

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jamesman posted:

He looks like he's wearing the suit from the end of Kingsmen 2.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

He looks like he's wearing the suit from the end of Kingsmen 2.

He was a whole lot of nothing in Kingsman 2. Had one cool scene where he fights Eggsy and Merlin in the Statesman HQ then he's basically out of it until the very last shot. Not his fault, though. That script needed a couple more passes before it was ready.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

As awesome as it would be to be a lead in one of these big budget super hero movies it's got to be a nightmare getting in shape for them. At one point Micheal B. Jordan is shirtless and looks like a loving He-man action figure.

That's why they use steroids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're still putting in weeks and sometimes months of training into that, but yeah the steroids help a whole lot.

Just look at Hugh Jackman in X-Men compared to the later movies.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

If they're releasing it on Valentines day, maybe a big point of the movie is presenting a superhero you wanna bone/be boned by. You could do worse than Magic Mike.

e: And Cyclops? What a waste of charisma that would be.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 16, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

He was a whole lot of nothing in Kingsman 2. Had one cool scene where he fights Eggsy and Merlin in the Statesman HQ then he's basically out of it until the very last shot. Not his fault, though. That script needed a couple more passes before it was ready.

I think it was for the better as we got a lot of Pedro Pascal, which is a good thing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Cyclops is the straight man (in multiple senses), I think Tatum has enough comic chops that he should be used differently

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Black Panther was pretty enjoyable, although the whole royal intrigue thing (as in the Thor movies) never really interests me that, so those parts tend to drag a bit for me and the end just felt oddly small scale for some reason. I’m really not getting the whole best Marvel movie of all time vibe, but it was really good, with a lot to enjoy, especially with acting.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 16, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just remembered the "what are those" reference. gently caress Black Panther.

edit: Speaking of, they didn't really use those 'sneakers' for anything special. I wonder if there's some cut stealth scene.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 16, 2018

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Killmonger did nothing wrong

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teenage Fansub posted:

I just remembered the "what are those" reference. gently caress Black Panther.

edit: Speaking of, they didn't really use those 'sneakers' for anything special. I wonder if there's some cut stealth scene.

That or it was more of a Q gag.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

poly and open-minded posted:

Killmonger did nothing wrong

I mean, he did do a lot of hosed up poo poo even if his motives were justified.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahahaha

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I told you this would happen!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Somebody give that guy a wedgie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Pretty bold of him to quote Malcolm X when he writes for the National Review

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m shocked that a writer for National Review dislikes Black Panther.

Shocked.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can never tell if the people who actually like him are agreeing with him out of irony or not.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
For those that aren't aware, the National Review once ran an op-ed that questioned not only the existence of the Smithsonian African American history museum but also the Holocaust memorial museum and the Smithsonian Native American museum. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445336/permanent-february-some-personal-notes-blacksonian-national-african-american-museum

At least this time it's a black guy instead of a white guy who looks deserving of the name Nordlinger.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Projections suggest that Black Panther could potentially have an opening weekend north of $200 million, which would put it in the company of the Avengers movies, Jurassic World and the last two Star Wars movies. In any event, most of the analyses I've read suggest that it will end up as the most successful "solo" MCU movie yet as far as the opening weekend goes.

It will be interesting to see if it has Force Awakens longevity or if it will be very frontloaded like the FAILING Last Jedi. (I assume the former, since I think lots of people will go and see Black Panther multiple times.)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arist posted:

Ahahahahahaha

As far as consistency goes, Armond White is really good (at being bad)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Haven't seen Black Panther yet. Can anyone confirm if the Soul Gem is in the movie and if it fits into the THANOS theory? It would be an H-word, wouldn't it?

Edit: As long as it's not a spoiler to say yes or no.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
No and probably not

Unless The soul gem is actually in meteorite of vibranium and the H stands for Heart-Shaped Flower

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Jamesman posted:

Haven't seen Black Panther yet. Can anyone confirm if the Soul Gem is in the movie and if it fits into the THANOS theory? It would be an H-word, wouldn't it?

No, well maybe? Heart-Shaped Herb starts with H but it glows purple and a source is never mentioned. There is mention of a vibranium meteor which I guess could have contained the soul gem.

Edit: drat! Beaten like I stole vibranium from Wakanda.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I don't personally see the problen with Armond White, or his reviews. He clearly articulates what he doesn't like or does like about the movies he sees, and usually to a much better degree than your average reviewer.

I can't possibly comment on how accurate his bp review is, because I haven't seen the movie yet, but also more importantly i dont have the knowledge or understanding of black history and culture to question his take on BP.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's the THANOS theory

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

McCloud posted:

I don't personally see the problen with Armond White, or his reviews. He clearly articulates what he doesn't like or does like about the movies he sees, and usually to a much better degree than your average reviewer.

I can't possibly comment on how accurate his bp review is, because I haven't seen the movie yet, but also more importantly i dont have the knowledge or understanding of black history and culture to question his take on BP.

Lol you overplayed your hand with this one

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Projections suggest that Black Panther could potentially have an opening weekend north of $200 million, which would put it in the company of the Avengers movies, Jurassic World and the last two Star Wars movies. In any event, most of the analyses I've read suggest that it will end up as the most successful "solo" MCU movie yet as far as the opening weekend goes.

It will be interesting to see if it has Force Awakens longevity or if it will be very frontloaded like the FAILING Last Jedi. (I assume the former, since I think lots of people will go and see Black Panther multiple times.)

It's important to note that $200+ million figure is over the four day holiday weekend. Disney themselves are low balling the estimate at $172-198 for the four day but it's looking like $175 is likely for the three days and $200+ for four. That three day puts it on track between Iron Man 3 and Civil War which is a loving great number and blows away most projections from even earlier this week.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

site posted:

What's the THANOS theory

It’s this dumbass fan theory that if you take the first letter of where every Infinity Gem is found, it spells out THANOS

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's...

Tesseract
-
Aether
Necklace
Orb
Scepter

It's pretty dumb, because you need to force Eye of Agamotto into Necklace for it to even work so far.

People have also jokingly made it...

Aether
Necklace
Tesseract
Morag
Android
-

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

It is not in the movie.

But it's probably there, buried underground and is what the Heart Shaped Herb grows from.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i have to wait til next week to see it and i dont care about spoiling myself, what are the credit scenes?

Retardog posted:

It’s this dumbass fan theory that if you take the first letter of where every Infinity Gem is found, it spells out THANOS

yeah that does sound dumb

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

i have to wait til next week to see it and i dont care about spoiling myself, what are the credit scenes?

There’s your standard two. One mid and one post:
Mid: T’Challa addresses the UN and announces Wakanda will now offer aid to the rest of the world and set an example of how to be good and treat one another.
Post: Bucky wakes up in a nice little village. He’s good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ty

• Locked thread